Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime (3476 Views)

Professional Nigerian Gamers / Among Us Nigerian Gamers Discord Server / Xbox Adaptive Controller Could Help Gamers With Disabilities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Thegamingorca(m): 11:52am On Jul 03, 2018
IamTo3i:
Am not alone, nice but last air bender is not an anime kill yourself, dats like saying Disney cartoons are anime, but I digress nice video have been wanting to do something like this, keep it up...

Lol... its an anime
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by khalhokage(m): 11:53am On Jul 03, 2018
IamTo3i:
Lemme drop a list of anime's dat y'all won't regret watching...
1. 91days
2. A.I.C.O
3. Btoom
4. Birdy the mighty
5. Mirai Nikki
6. Genocidal organ - actually a movie
7. Akira - also a movie
8. Charlotte
9. Bleach, Naruto, Boruto, fairy tale, One piece, dragon Ball, HunterXHunter, Ghost in the Shell (dey should have left it as anime)...
10. I can list to infinity, blive me der alot of anime not jus Japanese, also Korean n Chinese.. hit me up cos hv watched alot of anime's and I still contribute to the society as 9mobile CS why I HV the data to burn hahaha
Naijas anime Otaku

If you stay around or close to Onitsha I would love to meet to get some of them from you.

Or is there a secret to how you have enough data to watch all these shows? if there is abeg help your brother.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by khalhokage(m): 11:56am On Jul 03, 2018
IamTo3i:
Am not alone, nice but last air bender is not an anime kill yourself, dats like saying Disney cartoons are anime, but I digress nice video have been wanting to do something like this, keep it up...

The Avatar shows are heavily influenced by Anime, it's in every aspect of them except for the progression of the story.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by IamTo3i(m): 12:48pm On Jul 03, 2018
khalhokage:

If you stay around or close to Onitsha I would love to meet to get some of them from you.

Or is there a secret to how you have enough data to watch all these shows? if there is abeg help your brother.

Sorry bro, stay in Lagos, but if I ever venture east sure will do..
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by khalhokage(m): 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
IamTo3i:

Sorry bro, stay in Lagos, but if I ever venture east sure will do..
Cool
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by IamTo3i(m): 12:56pm On Jul 03, 2018
khalhokage:

In the beginning involved alot of sleepless nights and midnight plans from 9moblie and Airtel, wit 225 naira on Airtel Yu get 2gig of data to use from 12am - 5am, now I work in 9mobile wit d free data e given n a lil money from my pocket for my swift WiFi I download anyhow grin
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by khalhokage(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2018
IamTo3i:

In the beginning involved alot of sleepless nights and midnight plans from 9moblie and Airtel, wit 225 naira on Airtel Yu get 2gig of data to use from 12am - 5am, now I work in 9mobile wit d free data e given n a lil money from my pocket for my swift WiFi I download anyhow grin

Chai, so it's sleepless nights for me until I start working in a telecoms company cry
I guess I'll do Glo ₦500 weekend plans, it's the fastest network in my area.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by SkyCityBay1: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2018
pcguru1:

Oh that's you I wanted your personal recommendation didn't know that was you. Yeah there a lot of anime's lovers than you might imagine there's a girl in my office who has practically seen almost any anime's
I have to know what type of anime you like watching before i can recommend
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by SkyCityBay1: 7:19pm On Jul 03, 2018
IamTo3i:
Please do,i'd like to watch someone else's video on the subject ...and AVATAR IS AN ANIME F**k YOU lol grin grin
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by IamTo3i(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
Please do,i'd like to watch someone else's video on the subject ...and AVATAR IS AN ANIME F**k YOU lol grin grin

LoL avatar is under nickolodeon, heck ninja turtles mite as well be an anime too grin
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2018
SkyCityBay1:

Hentai
Harem
ecchi
Magic
Adventure
Mystery
SciFi
Romance
Anime's with Yandere and Tsundere characters
Yuri animes
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 03, 2018
IamTo3i:
Lemme drop a list of anime's dat y'all won't regret watching...
1. 91days
2. A.I.C.O
3. Btoom
4. Birdy the mighty
5. Mirai Nikki
6. Genocidal organ - actually a movie
7. Akira - also a movie
8. Charlotte
9. Bleach, Naruto, Boruto, fairy tale, One piece, dragon Ball, HunterXHunter, Ghost in the Shell (dey should have left it as anime)...
10. I can list to infinity, blive me der alot of anime not jus Japanese, also Korean n Chinese.. hit me up cos hv watched alot of anime's and I still contribute to the society as 9mobile CS why I HV the data to burn hahaha
Naijas anime Otaku

I watched Akira its quite old, I have Charlotte but haven't got to watching it, Btoom didn't really enjoy it, the rest I will try it out Ghost in the shell is the most complicated anime esp the laughing man concept I remember writing a long article based on the concept. Hunter X Hunter was dope but towards the ending the over analysis of show put me off but Gin and Kulluya were dope especially the clown guy with cards.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Kaycee7(m): 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2018
Avatar is not anime. It's art style is influenced by anime, same as The Boondocks.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by LucemFerre: 11:38pm On Jul 03, 2018
Nice video dude... Glad to see Nigerians evolving into these kinda sh!ts

I don't know, I just can never watch anime. I have no problems with the people watching them and I don't hate it. I just don't enjoy it. I've tried with bleach and Naruto. The animation style isn't just appealing to me. And the sounds the people make is funny. (especially females).
I love 3D animations to the extent that anime looks more like a very bad attempt at trying to simulate reality, than an art style (no offence)
Jump Force looks great though

But yea, i think anime could be a very good diversion for gamers, if you're into that kinda stuff, instead of playing games to take a break from playing games... Y'na mean
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by SkyCityBay1: 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
Kaycee7:
Avatar is not anime. It's art style is influenced by anime, same as The Boondocks.
dude,boondocks is an anime ... grin ... i'll probably do a video to prove that point !
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by SkyCityBay1: 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
LucemFerre:

I don't know, I just can never watch anime. I have no problems with the people watching them and I don't hate it. I just don't enjoy it. I've tried with bleach and Naruto. The animation style isn't just appealing to me. And the sounds the people make is funny. (especially females).
I love 3D animations to the extent that anime looks more like a very bad attempt at trying to simulate reality, than an art style (no offence)

But yea, i think anime could be a very good diversion for gamers, if you're into that kinda stuff, instead of playing games to take a break from playing games... Y'na mean
maybe you're not a fan of long running shows. Try Black Lagoon in english dub,it;s easy to get into and it's short.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by LucemFerre: 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
Kaycee7:

Well, it depends on what your definition of anime is. If by anime you mean native Japanese cartoon, made in Japan, then no boondocks is not an anime. But, if you mean the art style of Japanese cartoon and/or general description of cartoons then yes it is an anime.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by LucemFerre: 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
maybe you're not a fan of long running shows. Try Black Lagoon in english dub,it;s easy to get into and it's short.

I guess... Thanks for the recommendations. Anime is just cringy.
I watch family guy, boondocks, American dad while eating and I play games to take a break from work and when there's no light i sketch... so, no space for anime
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
Personally I prefer animes to movies.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by kingelemide18(m): 12:55am On Jul 07, 2018
LucemFerre:

Bro please watch ATTACK ON TITAN. I promise you wil start to love anime
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Thegamingorca(m): 7:42am On Jul 07, 2018
kingelemide18:

Ugh! Not really. It's not everyone that automatically likes shingeki no Kyojin

He still needs to find what suits him
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by LucemFerre: 12:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
I've stopped searching for what suits me and decided to create it

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Kaycee7(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2018
kingelemide18:

Are you trying to get him to like anime or do you want to scare him for life? Shingeki No Kyojin is not for the faint of heart. I watched only 12 episodes and ran faster than my shadow.
Bottomline: You don't start of a newbie with a hardcore title.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by kingelemide18(m): 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
Kaycee7:
Are you trying to get him to like anime or do you want to scare him for life? Shingeki No Kyojin is not for the faint of heart. I watched only 12 episodes and ran faster than my shadow.
It's one of the Animes i thought of more nature audiences. How do you mean faint of hearts? I don't find it scary i rather find it very interesting and amazing.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Kaycee7(m): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2018
kingelemide18:

It's one of the Animes i thought of more nature audiences. How do you mean faint of hearts? I don't find it scary i rather find it very interesting and amazing.
Not scary. Dark, really dark.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Naruto87(m): 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
khalhokage:

So narrow minded, smh.
watch naruto and death note.. those animes would teach u a lot about life. I work and still enjoy watching animes which for me its fun and educational. we all have our views but its good.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by Naruto87(m): 10:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
SkyCityBay1:
see learner dey call himself pro for anime. guy I can watch anime for Africa grin
Re: Reasons Why Nigerian Gamers Should Watch Anime by kayceelingz(m): 6:00am On Jul 13, 2018
Kaycee7:
shingeki no kyogin was the first anime that drove me into the anime world and ever since entering there I guess I would never come back grin grin.I am Otaku for life cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ps4 Users Logged Out Error / God Of War 3 Remastered Coming To PS4. / 10 Best Offline FPS Games For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.