Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? (23095 Views)

Employees That Slept With Their Bosses, How Did It End? / How Old Were You Jobless, Staying At Home And How Did You Make It? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by skyhighweb(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2018
I waz toasting a girl at d market she was like let me have ur number a girl i saved as "girl at ikotun" started calling damn she changed her mind saying i might save her name as girl in market. So sad so sad
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Kechbeau: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2018
saasala:
The most painful is being rejected by a classless girl you just want to manage...
grin
saasala:
The most painful is being rejected by a classless girl you just want to manage...
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by wayne4loan: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
My own rejection is in business. I started a business straight out of the university and in a period of 7 8 months I have gotten over 3 million in revenue. I had to raise money to expand my business. Here in Africa, most entrepreneurs raise money through competitions. I have applied to more than 50 and so far I have been rejected from them all. I managed to make it to the interview stage of two of them but still got rejected. What fuels me though is the vision i have for my business and the potentials it can achieve. Rejection should be my middle name now though grin grin. I know eventually I will get what I seek. tongue
ur spirit of determination is one of a kind.. # never give up.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by darlenese(f): 6:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
my story loading...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2018
shaybebaby:
Continued...
Now technology has made recruitment such that at these initial stages of applying, you do not get to see or even sniff another human being. Its all computer and if you got rejected, its a case of "computer says no"!

Hence I discovered that this "video interview" was another extension of that. Where previously, it was done via video call (Skype etc) where there was an actual person asking questions in real time time, it is different now.

You have to download an app which contained the questions. You cant launch the app until you are ready to record your answers. So no sneak peeking at the questions to go off an practice your answers. Once it was launched, it gave you 90 secs to read the questions and compose yourself and then 3 mins to answer the question whilst recording.Your answer must not be less that 60secs and no, if you fluff it, you cannot re-record it.

Once you are done, you upload the recording and I guess someone would review it at their convenience. Probably with a bowl of popcorn whilst watching applicants sound like idiots talking to nobody. angry

So I started practicing talking infront of the mirror, all the while feeling foolish and my partner not helping because he would just start laughing everytime I opened my mouth. angry

The more I practiced, the more I fumbled so I decided to just go for it that morning. I dressed in my smart clothes, applied make-up only to sit at my dining table for my interview staring into my phone. I had tidied up so that the interviewers wouldn't see an untidy background, picked a spot with good lighting and thought I was set to begin.

Once the app was launched, it gave you about three practice questions you could do over and over again and then when you felt ready, move on the main event. So I was practicing that one, and asked my partner for space and quiet to get my mind right.

But this didn't help my nerves and so I decided ro just bite bullet and get it over with quickly. Que sera sera!

I started my "interview" and recording, started feeling like this is not so bad, I was able to get the words out. I was getting in the zone. Only for my partner to bust in and start asking me foolish questions; "babe, what should we eat?", opening and shutting the fridge loudly whilst I was recording! shocked angry

I couldn't even speak, was just giving him evil eyes to say "shut up, I am recording". Bear in mind that you do not have the option of re-recording. I was soo ooooo ooo furious, for the rest of the interview, I lost complete track of what I was saying. I got through it somehow but I was convinced that was the end of the road for me.

I lashed out at home, crying, screaming, I could have killed him. We had a massive fight that day with him saying he didn't know I was recording. Anyways, I wrote it off and started focusing on other applications.

A week later, I got a mail to say I'd made it through to the final stage and assessment day. I couldn't believe it! Maybe the reviewer took pity on me, I have no idea.

Then my assessment was book for two months later. About a week before, I got a call from the agency saying that the company had been disappointed in some of the candidates, and she proceeded to give some kind of expo on what to expect during the interview. I was shook! Oyinbo people don't do such but I guess my batch was last of the people to be assessed so she wanted their agency to save face otherwise their contract would be terminated. Who knows!

Anyways, I turned up for the assessment, it started at half 8 in the morning and lasted till half 4 in the afternoon. Role play exercise, presentation, in-tray exercise, group exercise, interview and lastly a self reflection exercise. I muddled through, just going on auto-pilot.

It was only the interview that I enjoyed by me and my interviewer so clicked to the extent we were chatting about what presents to buy his mother-in-law. grin

Anyways, my story is long so to end it, it ends well. I strong pass my village people because I got a call the following day with an offer. A week later contracts were signed.

I start in 5 weeks.

So happy for you. smiley kiss smiley

You are a gifted writer. Thanks for sharing. wink
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by shaybebaby(f): 10:27pm On Jul 01, 2018
Mindfulness:

So happy for you. smiley kiss smiley

You are a gifted writer. Thanks for sharing. wink
Aww, thanks hun. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by remi1444: 2:24pm On Jul 02, 2018
Dyt:

Green who?
His intention was to scam me Lol Didn't hear from him
this is disheartening. may God replenish the loss.
Re: Have You Ever Been Rejected, How Did You Manage It? by Banter1(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2018
EgunMogaji:

cheesy

Fear God, VG for that una Nigeria?
Yes, there are still plenty of VG trust me, and she still is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Our Lawyers Still Wear White Man Wigs? / Any Hope With 3.49 CGPA? / How Old Were You When Your Life Started and How Did It Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.