Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less (18906 Views)

Business Name Cac Firs Tin Registration For New Businesses / How To File Your Tax Identification Number (tin) Online / How To Generate Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by TheLawyer(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ok, this might not be for everyone but for those that lost their TIN grin . So what prompted this post?

After registering my company I decided to open a corporate Bank account and TIN is a requirement. I tried to get it in the tax office in the LGA where the company's registered address is.

Upon getting there I was told to bring N5k that I would not need to go through the rigours of documents and waiting time. On the alternative they said or I could do that but it would take nothing less than a month to get the TIN.

Because I needed it urgently I opted for the option of N5k. It's suppose to be free anyway. But I was low on cash and got involved in other things that a month passed by and it dawned on me that a month has passed. So I just thought that instead of paying N5k just follow the due process and get it free. After all I have all the requirements.

I went back to inform them to start the procedure that I would be patient to wait. Then the Nigerian factor stepped in. Guys they said o ti o (NO) that the only option available is to pay that amount. For what? Na by force? I left.

Of course being internet savvy I decided an alternative. Then I stumbled on a way to get my TIN grin. So without further ado please visit

https://apps.firs.gov.ng/tinverification/

On that page select CAC Registration number under "Select Search Criteria", on the next column Search Value, type in your registration number e.g. RC123456 or BN123455. Please note that there is no space between the letters and digits and you must add the RC or BN or else there will be error in the returned query. Finally, type in the captcha code and click Search. And Voila! Your TIN wink would be displayed.

There's a caveat. It doesn't work for new incorporation Sorry sad . I tried it for the new incorporation i did last month for a client (it took just 3 biz days thanks to new improved CAC) . At least a year after incorporation.
Once your TIN grin is out you will have to option of them sending it to your email address so whenever you misplace or forget it just use the search feature in your email address to fish it out.

So there you have it.

CAC has gone fully online for new incorporation and takes about 24hours to get your company registered (RC number and certificate ready for collection) after submitting all necessary documents without query. Pls note "without query". Don't worry don't be scared. The query just means any issues with your documents e.g. ID card not clear, document not scanned clearly or missed inputting the date with pen or no signature bla bla bla

So please check my signature for your incorporation needs.

Thank you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by miltonchux(m): 11:02am On Jul 01, 2018
Do you need to register for TIN before its given or once your CAC certificate is out, you TIN is registered with it?
Re: How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by TheLawyer(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2018
miltonchux:
Do you need to register for TIN before its given or once your CAC certificate is out, you TIN is registered with it?

Once you register your company you need to apply for TIN. But it seems there is a collaboration somewhere between CAC and FIRS since tax is mandatory. But along the line if after registering your company you didn't apply for TIN it seems FIRS automatically registers all companies over a year for TIN.

Just my thoughts anyway

Have you registered your company and if yes, when?
Re: How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by TheLawyer(m): 7:50pm On Jul 02, 2018
miltonchux:

Also, you can't apply for TIN when your certificate is not ready because tendering your certificate is a prerequisite for TIN application.

So, yes your certificate must be out and with you before you can successfully apply for TIN. But if you have registered your company since and you haven't applied for TIN then try the method above to see if TIN has been given to your company

I hope that helps
Re: How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by TPIPROPERTY(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2019
My wife registered her business name since 2013 and I just tried to register her TIN on https://apps.firs.gov.ng/tinverification/ but I keep getting
Record not found, I also tried to use the JTB website - https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/ and got the following error RECORD NOT FOUND. PLEASE TRY OTHER SEARCH PARAMETERS OR VISIT THE NEAREST TAX OFFICE.

TheLawyer:

Also, you can't apply for TIN when your certificate is not ready because tendering your certificate is a prerequisite for TIN application.

So, yes your certificate must be out and with you before you can successfully apply for TIN. But if you have registered your company since and you haven't applied for TIN then try the method above to see if TIN has been given to your company

I hope that helps

Re: How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by miltonchux(m): 6:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
TheLawyer:

I hope that helps

Thanks for the information, my company have been registered about a year now. Searched and it's saying that I should try again later. Does it mean that the TIN has not been registered of there is a problem with there server. I really need it urgently to open an account and bid for a supply job.
Re: How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by miltonchux(m): 7:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
Can TIN be registered online also. Because I was told once you register Your company, TIN is assigned to you automatically.
Re: How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by Oluti(m): 4:50am On Aug 16, 2020
I did the search and it keeps telling me record not found. But when l went to the JTB website to register, after imputing the company registration number, l got "tin.jtb.govt.ng says Tin has been created for this organization before. Existing re ord TIN-1021445117 Organizations name: BIGDREAM Integrated Services Ltd but when I went back to the Firs Tin Verification system search and imput the tin number, it still says record not found. What do I do? My company is registered in 2002.
Re: How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less by Olichoke: 9:01am On Feb 06
Thanks for the info. Let me try and revert

(1) (Reply)

4 Effective Ways To Make Money Online / Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? / Court Awards Honeywell ₦‎72.2 Billion Damages Against Ecobank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.