Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,427 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? (18928 Views)

Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down / Nigerians Lament As High Cost Of Goods, Commodities Dampens Christmas Mood / Fire Guts Shops In Ogba, Millions Of Naira Worth Of Goods Destroyed (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by GanagiBeetrus: 6:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
In recent times, prices of Goods and Services have been going up almost on daily basis, especially after the onset of Tinubu's administration and subsequent removal of Fuel Subsidy.

My phone I bought last July, I was shocked to discover the current price has increased by over 100k, in just a space of 3months.

Mr President has assured Nigerians that things will soon get better.
Even a notable Man of God prophesied that Naira will soon become stronger than Dollar.

Realistically and in all honesty, do you believe that prices of Goods and Services will return back to at least how it was before Tinubu's regime?

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by PythonTutorial2(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
** OPINION POLL**
If you believe things will still be BETTER under Tinubu, Click Share
If you believe things will keep getting WORSE, Click Like

Meanwhile, check below 👇 if you want to learn Python Programming Language

141 Likes 58 Shares

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by EyeCumInPiece: 6:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
Dey play. cool

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Versifier20: 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
Until I rule Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by GanagiBeetrus: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
YES or NO, with reasons Pls.

Nlfpmod

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by JagabanB: 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2023
Our issues is not with dollar, that's where most of u Nigerians have misplaced priorities.
Our major problem is with production.
If u happen to be in places like Benue during harvest season, u will hear that a paint rubber of groundnut sells for as low as #400 or #500.
In other times, it sells for double that price.
This is just an illustration to show us that things will become cheaper when we have it in abundance.
Prices of goods and services will reduce only when we have them in abundance, how do we get them in abundance, by investing in production, what we should be agitating for is support from all quarters, from FG, various State Governments, wealthy individuals to invest into the society by empowering young Nigerians with the finance to go into production.
The energy we use in posting, reposting and talking about dollar, if Nîgeriàns channel that energy into this, we won't be talking about dollars on the long run and things will be easier then.

224 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Light78: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2023
Congratulations Tinubu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Goodvibes007: 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
A lot of Nigerians are extremely greedy. They would still want to sell at high prices even when the economy improves.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
GanagiBeetrus:
In recent times, prices of Goods and Services have been going up almost on daily basis, especially after the onset of Tinubu's administration and subsequent removal of Fuel Subsidy.

My phone I bought last July, I was shocked to discover the current price has increased by over 100k, in just a space of 3months.

Even a notable Man of God prophesied that Naira will soon become stronger than Dollar.

Realistically and in all honesty, do you believe that prices of Goods and Services will return back to at least how it was before Tinubu's regime?

Ask Tinubu A.K.A BULABAA

12 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by FitCorper: 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
Now we will realize that Nigerians are greedy people, regardless of government.

14 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by dfrost: 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
😂

Try and understand the economics behind these things.

Our demand is higher than our supply. Almost everything is sourced from outside the country.

Name it from rice, fuel, generating sets shoes, clothes, toothpicks, printers 🖨️, laptops 💻 and the list goes on.

25 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Nazgul: 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
I'm a Nigerian first before an obidient, so as a Nigerian who works and does business in Nigeria, it's my prayer that things normalize cos the standard of living is gradually getting out of reach for the common man.

Let's keep watching and hope for better days ahead.

43 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Aplaudez(m): 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
Stop dreaming please!
Wake up.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Hotel self don empty, prick no gree stand again. This level of hardship never occur in Nigeria before and it's still becoming difficult. First time I will buy medication I have been buying 150 naira for buhari time, I buy ham today 600 and yet some mumu still dey jubilate for tribunal. If hunger catch body, even bones go begin feel am

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by omooba969(m): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Lege Miami has said that prices of goods and services will come down. grin

Signed: Òre omo president ìlú wa! wink grin
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by CedarHoldings: 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
If them steal your phone 📱 now, oyo is ur home 🏡

17 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Johnrake69: 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Prepare for the worst.

Expect $1 to #2000. Expect massive famine and insecurity.

11 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Omoawoke2(m): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Nigeria lacks a structure for such economic principles

No price regulation.

9 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Adeling(m): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Probably. When we start making our own products and food especially

9 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Nonexisting1: 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
In Nigeria, whatever goes up stays up.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by MrBachelor: 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Not a chance.

Balablu is at the helm of affairs.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by AFULA(m): 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
No sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Dee60: 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
YES.
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Ropo0126: 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
Just here for the comments
Please KISS (Keep it short and simple) the comments.

7 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Way4orward: 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
I don't really think so because no good policy. The only thing we hear these days is good time will come.

Another one palliative, you will hear so so billions has be given to states and so so billions where given to 30 to 60 million people. My question is who are these people?

What i was expecting to hear from this government was by December PH REFINERY will be working and by March KADUNNA REFINERY will be working and by August WARRI REFINERY will be working. That so called palliative money should be invested in our REFINERIES. Tinubu and his criminal team came to set Nigeria backward from where Buhari stopped.

11 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Brendaniel: 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
Our issues is not with dollar, that's where most of u Nigerians have misplaced priorities.
If u happen to be in places like Benue during harvest season, u will hear that a paint rubber of groundnut sells for as low as #400 or #500.
This is just an illustration to show us that things will become cheaper when we have it in abundance.
Prices of goods and services will reduce only when we have them in abundance, how do we get them in abundance, by investing in production, what we should be agitating for is support from all quarters, from FG, various State Governments, wealthy individuals to invest into the society by empowering young Nigerians with the finance to go into production.
The energy we use in posting, reposting and talking about dollar, if Nîgeriàns channel that energy into this, we won't be talking about dollars on the long run and things will be easier then.

And you people did not offer this solution during GEJ's time, instead you chased him out of office at #180 per dollar, well that is you people's hypocritical problem. Back to the topic, your solution is like a farmer who wants to produce every type of food in the world from his farm because he wants to avoid buying food from another person.

Is it really possible?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Cmeo(m): 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
Not until we increase our productivity, production level and earn more as a nation and as individuals.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by kcprince: 7:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
What you posted is good but I think the major problem with Nigerians producing is lack of information and technical know how. If the right information, guidance and enablement is out there, people will farm!!!. You know agriculture if not done with proper supervision will bring huge loss.

7 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by CedarHoldings: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
JagabanB:
what can Average man do, when the billionaire don't want to invest

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
Not yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by Klington: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
Re: Is There Any Chance That Prices Of Goods And Services Will Come Down? by loswhite(m): 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
GanagiBeetrus:

Lol which notable man of God be that? I one check something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Hits N860/$ Record Low On Black Market Ahead Of Central Bank Meeting / Court Awards Honeywell ₦‎72.2 Billion Damages Against Ecobank / S.T.C...Daily Football Tips Plus...Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.