Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots (2536 Views)

Kylian Mbappe Has Reached Agreement To Join Real Madrid / Deontay Wilder Has Nigerian Ancestral Genes - Strong Proof / [VIDEO] Kylian Mbappe Has Just Scored On His Debut For PSG | See The Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by ottalo: 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe has attracted some of the biggest sides in world football in the last few weeks, making the 18-year-old football’s most courted teenager.

The striker took Europe by storm last season, scoring 26 goals in all competitions in his first full season at senior club level.

Mbappe is one of the most sought after players in the summer transfer market in Europe.
While close followers of the emerging striker acknowledge his ability to carve out goals, not much of these people know that the hugely talented player has Nigerian roots, as a recent research by The PUNCH has shown.

Kylian’s father, Wilfred Mbappe, who has Cameroonian and Nigerian roots, was once a refuge, who migrated to France for greener pastures. According to reports, Wilfred in a bid to get a permanent stay got married to an Algerian-French lady Fayza, an ex-handball player.

Kylian was given a Yoruba middle name Adesanmi meaning “crown fits me” by Wilfred, who also adopted a son, Jirès Kembo Ekoko, a professional footballer of Congolese descent, but has a biological son and younger brother of Kylian named Adeyemi Mbappe, in recognition of his Nigerian roots.

Adeyemi is a Yoruba name meaning “the crown befits you.” Indeed, Adeyemi is the reason why Kylian celebrates his goals by posing with his arms crossed and thumbs up.
Wilfried works as coach at AS Bondy and he started training Kylian at the age of six. He also spends time coaching Adeyemi, while he is currently his Kylian’s agent.

Meanwhile, the Monaco star has also been linked as a grandson of Cameroonian midfield legend Samuel Mbappe Leppe. But findings by our correspondent has shown that the late Leppe, who played for Oryx Douala in the 1950s and 1960s, winning five league and three Cup title (1963, 1968 and 1970) and was the first captain to lift the African Champions Clubs’ Cup in the 1964/65 season, may not have any biological links with Kylian.

Copyright PUNCH.

http://punchng.com/revealed-mbappe-has-nigerian-roots/

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by Shinery0123(m): 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
source?
Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
Dem don start.
Who no like better thing.
Naija Bloggers: I always hail una cheesy cheesy grin!

2 Likes

Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by pyyxxaro: 6:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
Afonja Amaka oh grin

Bloggers and lies
Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by Auladimeji2: 7:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ona don start abi

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
Wetin concern us
Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by Emilokoiyawon: 9:20pm On Jun 30, 2018
labanj1:
Finally Kylian Adesanmi Mbappe did the job.

We knew this YEARS ago. Old news.
Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by labanj1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
Emilokoiyawon:

We knew this YEARS ago. Old news.
How is this old news? I also knew years back. I'm referring to him doing the job for us (Nigerians) because he's got Nigerian roots.
Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by Lamiri(m): 9:25pm On Jun 30, 2018
Some people who don't make research would come here and start say it's a lie undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by Emilokoiyawon: 9:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
labanj1:

How is this old news? I also knew years back. I'm referring to him doing the job for us (Nigerians) because he's got Nigerian roots.

Then you should have just said that instead of saying REVEALED

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by labanj1(m): 9:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
Emilokoiyawon:

Then you should have just said that instead of saying REVEALED
I'm not the owner of the thread. I just made a comment.

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Mbappe Has Nigerian Roots by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2018
I see no irony here.

(1) (Reply)

Oyibo Super Eagles Players Have Been Exposed / Where To Buy Cheap Used Basketball Shoes In Lagos / Who Is Africa"s Best Striker? Samuel Eto'o Or Didier Drogba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.