Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Even If Its Just A Little Flesh - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Even If Its Just A Little Flesh (9308 Views)

A Little Here And There About Health / The World Its Just A To Cruel, I Want To End It All. / A Little Boy Died Because Surgeons Found Ants In His Brain! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by fizzybaba(m): 11:27am On Jun 08, 2010
my 'p' is simple

i need to fatten up,  a little perhaps.

i look skinny and i desire to know what foods to eat and the do's/dont towards adding some flesh

i have kick started this project with complan food supplement.

wondering why its a project? tell you why.

got exam leave in the office and was home trying to prepare for my papers when my neighbour's wife junior sister saw me and asked why i didnt go to work. upon telling i was on leave( was abt mentioning for exams) she hastily advised me to make sure i grow a little flesh.

she advised me twice( second time wasnt funny: felt like slapping her)

plus my woman says it all the time.

NB: 'I dont want to hear some people will never grow fat, its their nature' thing. its not my nature to look poorly fed.
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by queenafric(f): 11:54am On Jun 08, 2010
fizzybaba:

my 'p' is simple

i need to fatten up,  a little perhaps.

i look skinny and i desire to know what foods to eat and the do's/dont towards adding some flesh

i have kick started this project with complan food supplement.

wondering why its a project? tell you why.

got exam leave in the office and was home trying to prepare for my papers when my neighbour's wife junior sister saw me and asked why i didnt go to work. upon telling i was on leave( was abt mentioning for exams) she hastily advised me to make sure i grow a little flesh.

she advised me twice( second time wasnt funny: felt like slapping her)

plus my woman says it all the time.

NB: 'I dont want to hear some people will never grow fat, its their nature' thing. its not my nature to look poorly fed.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by dominique(f): 12:58pm On Jun 08, 2010
if you eat lots of junk foods and carbs and you're still skinny. then you'll have to wait for nature to take it's course.
and. . . it could take years
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by lovelynk(f): 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2010
Me too i need some flesh.
even having a baby am still so slim,in fact some weeks afret i had my baby u wont even know i ever carried one.
i have always hoped and believed that once the kids start coming i will fatten up but am so diasppointed.
My hubby tells me i need a little more flesh,am trying,really trying.no progress yet.
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by dominique(f): 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2010
^^^ you should thanking your stars. why would anyone want to carry all those flaps and bulges and happily call it "a sign of good living"
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by lovelynk(f): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2010
not a sign of good living,no.
just to look healthy.am pretty tall and i just need enof flesh for my weight and height to balance.
even b4 i got married my sistes often tell me i need a lil more flesh to go wt my height.
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by fizzybaba(m): 5:55pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ queen afric: its ok to laff, but any recommendation?

@ dominique: my pharmacist sis says junk food aint healthy. what kinda of junk food anyway?

@ lovelynk: dont mean to make you feel bad, but it aint good at all for a lady not to have some flesh. we are in same shoes.nice to meet ya
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by dominique(f): 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2010
fizzybaba:

@ queen afric: its ok to laff, but any recommendation?

@ dominique: my pharmacist sis says junk food aint healthy. what kinda of junk food anyway?

@ lovelynk: dont mean to make you feel bad, but it aint good at all for a lady not to have some flesh. we are in same shoes.nice to meet ya

i'm not talking about greasy junk foods. but there are some snacks that have less saturated fat and high calorie contents eg cakes, doughnuts etc. you should eat more of those. if after months you've not added weight, just accept it as one of those things wink
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by Romeo4real(m): 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2010
Most people who say they are trying to put on weight simply do not eat enough, or consistently enough.
If you ingest enough calories, in a consistent manner, you WILL put on weight, no matter what. Simply ingesting more calories than you expend will ALWAYS lead to weight gain. The amounts will vary from individual to individual.

Here's the math - Calories In > Calories Out = Weight Gain
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by fizzybaba(m): 10:01am On Jun 09, 2010
@ Romeo 4 real: insightful comment. thanks
is calori(ed) foods aint sugar(ed) food?

1 Like

Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by Gbemyte(f): 11:45am On Jun 09, 2010
I nid a list of food that ar high in calorie. I wnt look chubby a bit
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by Romeo4real(m): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
@fizzybaba - you can have foods that are made up of complex carbs - Bread, Rice, Pasta, Potatoes, Garri, etc, rather than foods rich in simple sugars - Cakes, Muffins, confectioneries in general, etc.
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by fizzybaba(m): 4:21pm On Jun 09, 2010
@ romeo 4 real: thanx for ur concern

my woman will however rain abuses on you(joke) or at the least ask me to discountenance your advice the moment she spots garri on your list.

she says i am not fat cuz i drink loads of garri.

@gbemyte: what u fink?
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by curiobling: 11:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
i advice u to take drug named:mosegor it makes u look naturally fleshy,young and beautiful;but flee from dexacortin if anybody recommends u tht.i just pity u by giving out this cos it somehow horror looking skiny in those outfits
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by fizzybaba(m): 8:07am On Jun 10, 2010
and it is known to cause many side effects such as depression, aggression, anxiety and hallucinations

@curiobling: i dont think i want to add any ounce of flesh at the cost of the above side effects. i just googled your prescription. thanx anywayz
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by fizzybaba(m): 10:22am On Jun 10, 2010
found this.

Protein sources (50% of your daily calories)

fish (tuna, salmon, haddock, cod), turkey, chicken, red meats (flank steak, lean ground beef), dairy products (cottage cheese, milk, low-fat yogurt), eggs, soybeans, nuts, legumes, ham, pork, shellfish, scallops, lamb, tofu, protein supplements (whey, egg, milk, soy protein supplements)

Carbohydrate Sources (40 % of your daily calories)

fruits, brown rice, whole grain breads & cereals, bagels, oatmeal, pasta, potatoes, vegetables (broccoli, green beans, corn), legumes (chick peas, lima, kidney, and soybeans), cream-of-wheat, pretzels, yams

Fat sources (10% of your daily calories)

olive oil, peanuts, peanut butter, almonds, safflower oil, sunflower oil, walnuts, flax seed oil, borage oil, avacadoes, fish oils (salmon), cla (conjugated linoleic acid)

Snacks

Apples, raw baby carrots, beef jerky, nuts, pretzels, baked potato chips, protein bars (Balance, Met-RX), yogurt.

Meal replacements are probably the most valuable and underrated supplement to gain weight.
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by curiobling: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
guess u also know those side effect of egg,meat,milk and the likes of those mentioned thereout,well, life itself has some side effect as well as somethig in it.good for u hence u now know wat to do to get fleshy
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by kay29000(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
I have never visited this section of nairaland before, but something just lead me hear today. Anyway, i think i have the answer to your question. I am 6ft1, and i used to be really skinny, and then one holiday, back when i was in d university changed that. I am going to try and be brief. My remedy- i was taking a mixture of malt n peak milk, morning n night, eating 3times a day, a little work out, and rest. That was all it took, and when i got back to school, they thought i went to america for the hols. Pl
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by fizzybaba(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2010
thanks kay 2900

sure to try that out

effect on my budget though
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by curiobling: 1:36pm On Jun 14, 2010
less than 220 naira, u too can look like d guy they tot went JD for hol
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by fizzybaba(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2010
curiobling:

less than 220 naira, u too can look like d guy they tot went JD for hol

cartoonish!

220 wont cut it
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by Amaze27: 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
fizzybaba: and it is known to cause many side effects such as depression, aggression, anxiety and hallucinations

@curiobling: i dont think i want to add any ounce of flesh at the cost of the above side effects. i just googled your prescription. thanx anywayz

so 3yrs after, hw did it go? cos im in it today
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 13, 2013
Lol. Im in too
Re: Even If Its Just A Little Flesh by Chrissammy(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2016
I AM ALSO IN, NOW.

(1) (Reply)

Natural Cure For Baby Rashes, Skin Conditions / Smokers Are Liable To Die / Dealing With Azoospermia? Let's Share Together.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.