Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists (12067 Views)

They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake / Davido’s Dad’s Divorce: Judge Bars Journalists From Covering Case / Igbo Leaders A Disgrace – Etcetera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Kennyblues(m): 11:53am On Jun 08, 2010
Did you watch the last edition of Who Wants to be a Millionaire of Local TVs?

Wale Scott (former sport presenter on SilverBird Television) and Zakky Adzzay (a musician) were sitted on the hot sit playing for Pacelli School for the blind on Fifa One Goal Project.

However, it was  so disheartning to note that Wale Scot, a sport journalist, did not how many African countries, including the host South Africa, are participating at the World Cup. He also failed to know that Svetlana Kuznetsova won the 2009 edition of French Open. Thank God for their life lines which he used to call Father Bassy (a Musician) who gave answer to the question of who won the 2009 edition of the French Open and also thanks to the Audience who provided answer to the question how many african countries are participating in the South Africa 2010 World Cup.

My worry is how he managed to get to sport desk of Silver Bird Communication.

His Profile

Wale Scott is in his late 30's. Married to Josephine Scott, with two daughters, Fara and Kiishi, Wale started as a broadcaster on radio lagos in 1999, he was a pioneer duty continuity announcer on Radio Lagos 107.5 FM, ntiwa ntiwa, he anchored arena sports world on Eko 89.75 FM for 3 yrs, he also presented www .sports .com on LTV 8. He had a brief spell at Galaxy TV, before embarking on a 4 yr successful stint at STV\Ryhthm 93.7, he anchors all sports programs on inspiration 92.3 fm, analyses sports for other media organisations and is seen in all quaters as one of the best ever sports analyst in Nigeria today.

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Mortiple(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2010
Kennyblues:

Wale Scott (former sport presenter on SilverBird Television) and Zakky Adzzay (a musician) were sitted on the hot sit playing for Pacelli School for the blind on Fifa One Goal Project.

However, it was  so disheartning to note that Wale Scot, a sport journalist, did not how many African countries, including the host South Africa, are participating at the World Cup. He also failed to know that Serena Williams won the 2009 edition of French Open.

I didn't watch it. What a National dis-grace?! grin grin

I was a regular viewer of his sports programme on Silverbird TV some years back. Then, He, Temisan Okomi (now at HITV) and Effiong Nyong (now at Radio Continental) would come on air to lampoon and criticize Nigerian sports officials especially NFF with so much effrontery.

Many of these journalists are only gifted in talking smoothly; they are not so intelligent. If you are in doubt, please try others and let us see.

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by spikedcylinder: 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2010
So that's what the dude looks like sef.
Sheet happens abeg! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by ejidokun(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2010
I actually watched it. i was crazy when even I dat is interested in football can knw d answer 2 dat simple question.

NIGERIAN DISGRACE

NATIONAL DISGRACE

WORLD DISGRACE
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Kennyblues(m): 6:28pm On Jun 08, 2010
what a shame
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by sjeezy8: 6:31pm On Jun 08, 2010
lol hes an idiot or rather the people who previously employed him as a sports Journalist
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by tunde300us(m): 6:48pm On Jun 08, 2010
See olodo dey call another person a disgrace grin ,even with the internet at ur disposal,u didnt know that it wasnt serena williams that won the 2009 french open,and yet u said wale scott was a disgrace. I think ure a better disgrace kennyblues.

The 2009 french open was won by Svetlana Kuznetsova,and it was even confirmed on the programme itself,and now u come here to yab someone that he is a disgrace.Well i wont blame u becos some NL ppl still followed u to repeat a class that was already repeated by someone else (same ni !)

First class olodo u be man,am sori,but no sori still grin grin grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Kennyblues(m): 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2010
@tunde300us

I am not a dumb ass like you and for your information, am open to correction.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by tunde300us(m): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2010
Am sori to say this man,but i think u just described urself accurately DUMB BACKSIDE  grin

If u allowed wale scott the opportunity that ure looking for,am sure u wont need to say so much abt him and also try to drag the guy in the mud that way cos like u mentioned urself we are all open to correction  wink

B[s]ut ur own too mush,afta u hear the answer u still no fit remember[/s] grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Dolemite(f): 1:40am On Jun 09, 2010
Silverbird only hires reporters with foreign accents. . . that's their MAIN criteria.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by aieromon(m): 8:50am On Jun 09, 2010
He's being paid to talk and not learn on the job.That's the rot of the Nigerian system for you.He must be so daft not to know the number of participating countries in the World Cup.I wish the clip could be uploaded to Youtube for everybody to see.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by tosinaded(m): 8:57am On Jun 09, 2010
so wuts my Fukkn business?
this poster no get work. . . . . . .wuts ur aim?
go get a life jare
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by henryphyol(m): 2:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
Apparently, Wale Scot has demonstrated that he only reads what is in the script not knowing what sport is actually. How can he not know how many African teams are participating in the world cup, he mentioned all and missed out Ghana. I was even thinking that he might miss out SA being the host, he kept arguing that there were 5 qualifying groups so 5 African teams. It was pathetic, i felt ashamed for him,
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by medjai(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
Chei, this is a big fat disgrace. Some of our sports analysts dont know jack when it comes to sports
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by chivo: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
The fact is that one must not know everything before you become a Journalist, perhaps wıth the help of internet vis-a-vis Google one can gather every information before presenting any life program,that doesn't mean I'm actually supporting the failure from the young man.Had it been that WHO WANT'S TO BE A MILLIONAIRE was not a live show, he would have use Google to provide those answers. or do you think the presenter knows all those answers to most of the questions that is been asked?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by HAydots: 2:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
Dont mind the useless journalist. When they asked the question, i just exclaimed; "haba! this question is to cheap for wale scott now". But to my amazement he ddnt even know it, even my lil brother knows it.

The guy no sabi book yet he is wearing a long dread,

shame!!!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by DoubleN(m): 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2010
This is what happens when you use runs to get a position. grin grin grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Carlosein(m): 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2010
That guy presents way too fast.

He should cool down some and research some too.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
I watched it, the guy treid jor. He even listed the Countries but he was confused and left out Ghana!

Anybody could have made that mistake!

undecided
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Carlosein(m): 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
Double N:

This is what happens when you use runs to get a position. grin grin grin

In naija, anything's possible. And dem go dey form fake 'phonee'. i have a theory, all you need to get on air these days is a fake accent.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Carlosein(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

I watched it, the guy treid jor. He even listed the Countries but he was confused and left out Ghana!

undecided

Anybody but wale scott, a self acclaimed ace sports journalist.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Jencejyde(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
I watched the show and boy oh boy, The guy made sports analyst and writers look like "a big lie" It was simply pathetic. Even my wife was angry, knowing how Wale used to attack the NFF and co on STV back then. He only made the job more difficult for others. Pure show of shame, What was he thinking?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by ajadudu: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
Sometimes we all need to wear others shoes, I guess all of you crucifying the chap are geniuses and have the answers to every question on the planet.  Go ask a successful american football journalist who won the champions league in 2009 and wait for the blank look on his face. French open? I guess you typed that name without looking it up abi?

Give him a break, sometimes it is a very different experience when you are playing a TV show and I don'y use that to judge anyones intelligence. Move on unless you have some other motive to tear the guy down.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by ajadudu: 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

undecided

Ahh, so he listed all the countries but missed out Ghana, our neighbours. That was pure pressure, he couldn't handle the pressure. That is different from being dumb guys. The OP gave the impression he did not KNOW the countries from Africa playing the WC.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by zeema(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
He was just confused. He tried abeg
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by yusuf01(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2010
Anybody that knows Wale Scott very well will know how the guy attacks almost everybody in NFF/NFA, nigerian football, infact the guy talks alot and to now try to say that anybody could have made a mistake is out of the question. I can remember there was a time during Mourinho's time at chelsea and Mourinho said that he might use a center half or Hilario as a center striker(due to injury crises in chelsea at the time) in the FA cup final against Man U, I remembered vividly how wale was lambasting Mourinho, saying that he is the dumbest coach he has ever seen(due to the hatred he has for him, wale being a Man U fan). Well the thing is that, since the guy has started wearing that dread of his, he is now an object of scorn. I believe the guy should just resign in his post at Inspiration FM because of this national disgrace, or if his ego won't let him, all sports journalists should just start campaigns against this guy so that he won't drag their names in the mud.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Ournaija: 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2010
Not the Wale Scot I know. It must be a Scotlet.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Nymphnode(m): 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
I saw an episode where Owen Gee and the Figurine guy goofed too but at least the questions are not in their field. Anyway, I know that he is beating himself up really bad as we discuss. he is sure to come back better and , I wish
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
Maybe he prefers basketball smiley
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Tcrack(m): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
Kennyblues:

However, it was  so disheartning to note that Wale Scot, a sport journalist, did not how many African countries, including the host South Africa, are participating at the World Cup. He also failed to know that Svetlana Kuznetsova won the 2009 edition of French Open. Thank God for their life lines which he used to call Father Bassy (a Musician) who gave answer to the question of who won the 2009 edition of the French Open and also thanks to the Audience who provided answer to the question how many african countries are participating in the South Africa 2010 World Cup.

My worry is how he managed to get to sport desk of Silver Bird Communication.

His Profile

Wale Scott is in his late 30's. Married to Josephine Scott, with two daughters, Fara and Kiishi, Wale started as a broadcaster on radio lagos in 1999, he was a pioneer duty continuity announcer on Radio Lagos 107.5 FM, ntiwa ntiwa, he anchored arena sports world on Eko 89.75 FM for 3 yrs, he also presented www .sports .com on LTV 8. He had a brief spell at Galaxy TV, before embarking on a 4 yr successful stint at STV\Ryhthm 93.7, he anchors all sports programs on inspiration 92.3 fm, analyses sports for other media organisations and is seen in all quaters as one of the best ever sports analyst in Nigeria today.

I dont think you all  realize that WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE   (atleast the celebrity version) is a  recorded show in which  everything that happens there is based according to a script. do you really think anyone wont know which African countries are in the world cup? a sport journalist for that matter.
if wale scott had given the answer, how will Father Bassey be a part of the show?
Abeg learn somethings about such shows  before you come here and start talking trash.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Carlosein(m): 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^Hmm, so wale is the fall guy for father bassey to fly?

That guy must be dumber than i thought undecided
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by yusuf01(m): 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
I dont think you all realize that WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (atleast the celebrity version) is a recorded show in which everything that happens there is based according to a script. do you really think anyone wont know which African countries are in the world cup? a sport journalist for that matter.
if wale scott had given the answer, how will Father Bassey be a part of the show?
Abeg learn somethings about such shows before you come here and start talking trash.
@Tcrack, I believe Wale Scott can't put his reputation on line just to satisfy a script,  I have been to WWTBAM and I know how it is recorded, the thing is that the show is recorded earlier than the time it is usually aired, that doesn't say that they acting on a script.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can Scarlett Johannson Be The Sexiest Woman In The World? / Dakore Egbuson Akande Signs New Management Deal With Upfront & Personal / Woman Paralyzed After Taking 2nd Vaccine Shot 2794 Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.