Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists (12064 Views)

They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake / Davido’s Dad’s Divorce: Judge Bars Journalists From Covering Case / Igbo Leaders A Disgrace – Etcetera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by benyboy(m): 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
script or not, the guy fall my hand, BIG TIME!!!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by amefi(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
Tcrack:

I dont think you all  realize that WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE   (atleast the celebrity version) is a  recorded show in which  everything that happens there is based according to a script. do you really think anyone wont know which African countries are in the world cup? a sport journalist for that matter.
if wale scott had given the answer, how will Father Bassey be a part of the show?
Abeg learn somethings about such shows  before you come here and start talking trash.

WORD!!!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2010
Tcrack:

I dont think you all realize that WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (atleast the celebrity version) is a recorded show in which everything that happens there is based according to a script. do you really think anyone wont know which African countries are in the world cup? a sport journalist for that matter.
if wale scott had given the answer, how will Father Bassey be a part of the show?
Abeg learn somethings about such shows before you come here and start talking trash.

What r u toking about? It's a reality show and there's no script involved!

It's normal to forget things you know while on the hot seat!

Jeez guys get over it!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Carlosein(m): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
when koffi won 2million for uncle gaga, was it also based on a script?

if so, koffi is my main man.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by matiltomd(f): 3:55pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ournaija:

Not the Wale Scot I know. It must be a Scotlet.

Now that's hilarious,
I sure think Wale is whipping himself right now,so please let's not compound his worries, but this is pretty funny,
I've never been a fan of Wale Scott anyway cos he's delivery is too fast for my liking and he's a bit negative on air;he's far from diplomatic in his views, I preferred him when he was with Silverbird.but he lost it when he got to Inspiration,

Or maybe Frank intimidated him, grin grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by dipo2much(m): 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
Its not only you and I who know more about english foottie than the glo league and even the whorl cup. Scott shoes that even journalists dont give a foc
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by matiltomd(f): 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
Tcrack:

I dont think you all  realize that WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE   (atleast the celebrity version) is a  recorded show in which  everything that happens there is based according to a script. do you really think anyone wont know which African countries are in the world cup? a sport journalist for that matter.
Abeg learn somethings about such shows  before you come here and start talking trash.

I'm shocked! So you mean Wale Scot would have agreed to a useless script that will portray him as unintelligent? On top money wey no be him own,  Can you agree to that? This is distasteful,
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Jencejyde(m): 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
Pressure i agree but Script?!!?!!? sad Please!!! If you watched the show, you would even realize that he was acting so sure of the answer, until frank advised him to use a life line. Not saying anybody can't make mistakes but rather than be calm, Wale was restless. Zaki was calm and admitted he dind't know too much about sports (Humility established). But one who claims to be a sports journalist and not know how many African teams are participating in the World cup. Haba!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
[b]actually i expect more 4m him ,bt we all make mistakes one way or the other,And 4 those of u calling him a disgrace
(i qoute jack bauer 4m 24)ITS EASY TO THINK U GOT ALL THE ANSWERS WHEN NONE OF THE ULTIMATE RESPONSIBILITIES LIES WITH U.TRY AND GET URSELF IN THAT SIT B4 U CAN DEAL OUT JUDGEMENT. grin grin grin grin[/b]
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by jmoore(m): 4:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
it is so silly to see these sports presenters make so much noise about English premier league

The most popular statement is "we will beat them" we meaning the particular club in english premier league they support

I wonder how many of these Nigerian sports presenters can name all Nigerian football clubs in the Nigerian elite league
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Reptyle(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
That "hot seat" can make one forget his name o!! Pls take it easy on Wale Scott abeg. WWTBAM is not a scripted show o!!! They do a lot of editing after recording but it is not scripted.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Teminio: 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
I watched the programme. Wale Scott's performance was a disappointment. I almost argued that he wasn't the one on the hotseat until Frank repeated his name. The guy exhibited so much ignorance on sports that you will find it difficult that he reports the beat.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
Teminio:

I watched the programme. Wale Scott's performance was a disappointment. I almost argued that he wasn't the one on the hotseat until Frank repeated his name. The guy exhibited so much ignorance on sports that you will find it difficult that he reports the beat.

That Frank guy is just too loud mouthed. If you put him on the hot seat he'll probably forget the name of his show!

The guy reports on camra, he doesn't have to answer questions about it with all the tension involved!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
that guy was a big dissappointment, compared to the first sports guy that came on the show MICHELLE OBI who was paired up with an athlete ,

dat one was really smart , he could even answer Geographical questions and all the sports questions, infact Frank called him an Encyclopedia.

but that Wale Scot na wa ooo
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by eros(m): 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2010
So freaking what Abeg give the brother some space, nobody can know everything in the world, even in his line of profession. But come to think of it, he should have know the answers to those questions. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by sley4life(m): 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
That journalist is a null. He is a quack and nids 2 upgrade his cv
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by williams77(m): 5:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
No man is an island of knowledge and  WALE SCOTT is a good sport broadcaster and analyst they say one swallow doesn't make a summer, so let them say by Jazzman olofin, Lenue, nue by Wande coal
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by totalfact(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
I watched it, and I felt disgraced within me, for being a Nigerian.

The Guy was virtually empty and lousy. He was not even sober!

What of Chief Segun Odegbami. The old man knew nothing again!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by sley4life(m): 6:03pm On Jun 09, 2010
Silver bird should sack Wale Scott. He is an embarrassing dude. Check the Way Mitchell Obi performed very well.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by oliidell(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2010
Tcrack:

I dont think you all realize that WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE (atleast the celebrity version) is a recorded show in which everything that happens there is based according to a script. do you really think anyone wont know which African countries are in the world cup? a sport journalist for that matter.
Abeg learn somethings about such shows before you come here and start talking trash.

Tcrack i hope u are not actually high on crack. try 2 confirm info. b4 posting it on a public site. according to the script my foot. iv actually bin part of d audience, so i know it is not stage managed. it is only pre- recorded like most shows, and that is not a crime. Abeg dont post any crap u hear about credible programs without verifying.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by blackcezar(m): 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists
« #30 on: Today at 03:38:15 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^Hmm, so wale is the fall guy for father bassey to fly?

That guy must be dumber than i thought

real dumb indeed, i watched d program, was very suprised he didnot know the answer. shame
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by shawla: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2010
its no script at all. my guy was on the show too. he told me abt it. Dat when it aires wale career might be ova
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by nich(m): 7:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
grin grin grin everyone's allowed to goof once in a while!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by nellaluv(f): 7:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ournaija: Not the Wale Scot I know. It must be a Scotlet.
lol tongue
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by kshow1(m): 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
I think his employers should review his employment because it is a disgrace on the type of personnel they hire grin grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by MAYOWAAK: 9:15pm On Jun 09, 2010
As someone rightly said that It is easier to be critical than to be correct.In addition no person born of woman knows everything.

In light of the above and Sincerely speaking,Wale's faux pas is pardonable and his critics could even perform worse then he did.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Newest: 9:24pm On Jun 09, 2010
Truly we all make mistakes but i think thats a silly mistake to make for som1 like Wale Scott
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by Borat1: 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
This is a (as the catholics will say) a mortal sin
I dont know who the fukc the guy is, but since i learn he's a sports journalist, i'm mortified.
Hasnt he covered a world cup before?
What a person!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by CarlosVent(m): 9:47pm On Jun 09, 2010
welllllllllll
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by bizzybii: 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
hmmmm. hope they dont sack him. didnt watch the show, but people should know their onions in in watever field they find themselves in.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by soloqy: 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
Tcrack:

Thats absolute nonsense. Considering the fact that the particular show was to benefit a charity organisation for the blind, why would the organizers make him use up lifelines that would have gone a long way in winning more money for the blind? And who in his right senses would want to appear like a clueless buffoon on National TV. The reality on ground is that Wale Scott was a disappointment on that night. I watched it and I felt really bad and at a point I thought there was probably something wrong with him mentally.Why do you think his own session had so many questions from the sports field? That was a deliberate ploy by MTN to make them win more money for the Charity but they(he) flunked it.
Our journalists are very lazy. I mean, its your job and field so you need to research and embark on self training. What stops a sports journalist like that from having all the sports cable stations installed at his place? Its all in the self improvement. Am always very perturbed when I hear our sports news casters or commentators pronounce footballers' names wrongly or call a player another name during a match. Dang, I can tell each Nigerian player on the pitch at any given time without even seeing their numbers or names so why not our sports casters and commentators?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - Wale Scott A Disgrace To Nigeria Journalists by mamagee3(f): 10:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
It all shows on his picture. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anita Hogan Gives Birth To Baby Boy / Woman Paralyzed After Taking 2nd Vaccine Shot 2794 Died / How Can Scarlett Johannson Be The Sexiest Woman In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.