Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Eternal Security: An Illusion 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eternal Security: An Illusion 1 (471 Views)

Free Will Is An Illusion / CHARLES SPURGEON On Eternal Security. / There Is No Eternal Security. It Is Conditional - Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eternal Security: An Illusion 1 by kpakpandoN(m): 7:23am On Jul 01, 2018
One deadly error in some quarters of the Christian faith is the doctrine of eternal security. Those advancing this doctrine use the Scriptures to convince their followers that once you are saved, you are forever saved, irrespective of the type of life you live after receiving salvation. It is therefore not surprising that in circles where this doctrine is taught, a loose lifestyle of sin is the norm. In order to appease the conscience of their followers, some modern day teachers of this doctrine have tried to repackage it by redefining what sin is. Some even teach that a Christian cannot sin. It is unfortunate that some people still fall for this old deception of the devil which resurges from time to time.

When you critically examine the life of those teaching this doctrine, you will observe that they themselves fell into the error of this falsehood because of secret sin in their lives which they could not overcome. Instead of humbly submitting themselves to God in an environment of accountability for their character to be built up, they proudly developed another “gospel” to justify themselves and deaden their conscience. The unfortunate thing is that several innocent souls who genuinely want to serve God end up being destroyed by these teachers. Because they see such teachers exhibiting the gifts of God, they believe that whatever is coming from their mouths is sanctioned by God. These beguiled souls forget that Romans 11:29 says:
“For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.”
Based on the principle established by this verse of scripture, a person who received the gifts of God’s Spirit while teaching the truth of the gospel will continue to manifest these gifts after they fall into the error of another “gospel”, even if it’s for a while. It is for this very reason the Lord Jesus Christ in Matthew 7:22-23 clearly said:
“Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
From the words of the Master Himself, it is obvious to any serious student of the Bible that the working of miracles or the manifestation of the gifts of the Spirit is not a wholesale stamp of approval by God. Therefore, beware! Any teaching not founded on the totality of the truth in God’s word should not be accepted, irrespective of the charisma of the teacher. When it is all said and done, you will stand alone to give account of your life before God.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: Eternal Security: An Illusion 1 by Atopy29: 7:52am On Jul 03, 2018
If the man than that died for me said I am ETERNALLY SECURED and the man that needs my offering says I am not, I know who to believe.
Re: Eternal Security: An Illusion 1 by Atopy29: 7:59am On Jul 03, 2018
When I was believing the error of eternal insecurity, my life was full of secret sin due internal fear, insecurity, low self esteem, self righteousness, weak confidence etc.
When I embraced the truth of the gospel, I was freed from all my secret sins by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Baba Adeboye. Your theory that those who believe eternal security are battling secret sins is untru. The opposite is actually the truth.
Re: Eternal Security: An Illusion 1 by Atopy29: 8:01am On Jul 03, 2018
You need a special revelation from Satan to believe that Salvation is not eternal. Salvation is as simple as Joh.3:16. Eternal Insecurity is a ruse.

ETERNAL SECURITY is the good the shed blood of Jesus deliver for believer in Christ. Heb.10:10,14,Joh.3:18,5:24, Salvation is eternal.

(1) (Reply)

Being Alive Is A Testimony / Catholic Church Created Illuminati: The Story 2 / Gift For My Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.