Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Being Alive Is A Testimony - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being Alive Is A Testimony (474 Views)

A Testimony I Heard In Church Yesterday / Is This Supposed To Be A Testimony? / My 2021 Wins — A Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Alive Is A Testimony by pressplay411(m): 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2018
Life.
I remember when I had no testimonies. When I saw no testimonies. When it seemed there was no God and I became an atheist.
The greatest insult to me was someone telling me being alive was a testimony and is proof that there's God.
My argument was simply that even unbelievers ate alive without the help of God.
Even animals are alive without serving any God.
I needed big testimonies, miraculous testimonies, I needed to hear that a blind person (that was confirmed blind) received sight. That a mad man was made sane. That a lame person could walk, that a dumb person could speak, that a barren woman gave birth after years of waiting. I needed something spectacular. I wanted the Men of God to part the Red Sea or Rain down fire like Elijah. I needed a prophet to heal Yinka Ayefele and make him walk again. I needed to see Obadare regain his sight. I something spectacular to make me BELIEVE first before I could serve God again.
So how dare you just tell me being alive is a miracle and a testimony so I should be grateful to God?
And trust me, I was very argumentative too.

But truly, when God desired to show me the meaning of life, I realised I had been dead all along, and I never knew.

My pastor teaches the dichotomy or inverse relationship between the spiritual and the physical realms.
What we call life is actually death. What we call death is actually life.

"Yea, I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil. For thou art with me."

Truly, having lost the Holyspirit, having lost faith in Christ, I had become dead.
The worst part, I was revelling and feeling special in my own intelligence and freedom from religion/Christianity.

Today, I know better.
I still don't know how and why Grace found me.
But I who was so lost. I who had become reprobate of mind. I who had become blind. I who had become deaf. I who had become mad. I who was dead and loving sin.
I'm ALIVE again.�
I see again.
I can hear God speak again.
I have am pursuing righteousness again.
I can Love again.❤

All these He did for me in just a Moment.
The Moment i became Born-again.�
Nara Ekele Mo
������������

1 Like

Re: Being Alive Is A Testimony by pressplay411(m): 2:12pm On Nov 01, 2018
The little things are our greatest testimonies. We just need understanding to appreciate them and become grateful.

Do you know much a cancerous person will pay to have good health?
Do you know how far a mad nan would walk to find Sanity?
Do you know that celebrities will give all they have just to have pace of mind?
Do you know how much a depressed person would give to have Joy?

I see and I have testimonies everyday especially when I don't focus on the material.

The truth is our testimonies should be focused on getting and celebrating the Fruit of the Spirit.
These are the attributes that produce Success and Eternal life.

But we often tend to focus on the new jobs, new houses, new cars, etc. These are great but they tend to become shadows of the real thing, which is our change in attitudes.

I used to be proud, now I am becoming more Humble.
I used to hold grudges and keep malice but now I forgive more.
I used to be lazy, now I am more dililgent.
I used to have a bad relationship with my parents but there's love in our home again.
I used to not like my boss, buy now I truly value and respect her.
I used to get angry easily but now I'm at peace and have more self control of my anger.
I used to be dirty but now I'm clean.
I used to be have trust issues, but now I trust people more.
I used to be shy now I am confident in Christ.
I used to be very fearful but now I am bold and brave.
I used to have a bad memory, now the Holyspirit has given me remembrance.
I used to be stingy, now I'm more generous in church, friend and even strangers.
I used to be stubborn but now I'm more understanding and I listen to other opinions more.
I used to be restless alone and didn't like being single, but now I'm happily single and trusting God for a good marriage.
I used to be envious but now I am too blessed to be stressed. I am focusing on what Gid is doing in my life and where God is taking me.
I used to hate but now I Love.
I used to commit sexual immoralities but now I have self control and now fellowship and study the Word of God more.
Etc
These are all my personal testimonies.

If we look inward and not outward, we will have so much testimonies.
And the truth is, we know it's our habits that have brought failure, struggles and limitations.
It is the change in our Attitude that elevates us and attracts favours into our lives.
But truly only Christ can help us break all our habits.

May the testimonies of God's Goodnes, Mercy, Love and Faithfulness never cease from our mouths and hearts in Jesus name.
Amen.
Re: Being Alive Is A Testimony by Martinez19(m): 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2018
Human life is awesome and a privilege in the right conditions but it does not mean yahweh exists.

1 Like

Re: Being Alive Is A Testimony by pressplay411(m): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2018
Martinez19:
Human life is awesome and a privilege in the right conditions but it does not mean yahweh exists.

Denial of God is a curse.
Re: Being Alive Is A Testimony by Martinez19(m): 12:07am On Nov 02, 2018
pressplay411:

Denial of God is a curse.
No, it's not.
Re: Being Alive Is A Testimony by pressplay411(m): 9:04am On Nov 02, 2018
Martinez19:
No, it's not.

Now as He drew near, He saw the city and wept over it, saying, “If you had known, even you, especially in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they are hidden from your eyes.
Luke 19:41-42

(1) (Reply)

Information Request / He Pardons Iniquity / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :saturday, February 2,2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.