Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada (37748 Views)

How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You? / Opay, Max.ng May Go As Lagos Decides On Okada, Tricycle Operation / Lagos Taskforce Clampdown On Okada Riders At Ikorodu, Arrest Riders - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Lonestar124: 9:25am On Jul 02, 2018
JatAbolaji:
The disadvantages weighs much... In terms of job opportunity
Job opportunity in the detriment of the dwellers?

I don't even take bikes on express roads..... .This ideal is highly commendable to me. They should drive on minor roads in the state.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by MXrap: 9:26am On Jul 02, 2018
Carry your okada and go back to your state and stop crying all over the place. It is not a most that you must stay in Anambra. Anambra has the best road networks in the SE.

BianoJay:
Now that over 7000 okada riders have lost their jobs and life has become tougher for people who do not own cars, I guess the Anambra state government is happy.

It is only people who do not know Onitsha very well that will be happy with this. Onitsha road network isn't as straightforward as other cities like most people think. There are places that only bikes can take you to and in the absence of bikes, you will have to walk the distance, no two ways about it.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by UNRULY(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2018
bugidon:
Obiano bring back okada biko angry We are not used to this cry
eziooku?

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by bugidon(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2018
Bro its banned everywhere, both in the streets and environs around isha
Lonestar124:
Pls can tell me what you're used to?

They only ban them on express roads which is safety for the dwellers.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by UnimkeAk(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2018
Dave880:
Every state wan be like enugu state.

042 isyl not just a number, it's a way of life.

We lead others follow.
If we talking about oKada, commercial bike riders stopped plying calabar routes as at 2007.

I'm sure enugu cannot be earlier than that.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by rahl12(m): 9:28am On Jul 02, 2018
Please nairalanders,
I need a job. I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering. I am a serving Corp member in kwara state, will be passing out at first week of July 2018. Please I need your help as I am willing to work in any film within or outside the state.
Please help a brother. I have experienced in operations and maintenance various of machines, with a required knowledge of AutoCAD design.

PLEASE HELP BROTHER HERE.

HERE IS MY EMAIL: abraham20john20@gmail.com
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by olaniputu: 9:29am On Jul 02, 2018
BianoJay:
Now that over 7000 okada riders have lost their jobs and life has become tougher for people who do not own cars, I guess the Anambra state government is happy.

It is only people who do not know Onitsha very well that will be happy with this. Onitsha road network isn't as straightforward as other cities like most people think. There are places that only bikes can take you to and in the absence of bikes, you will have to walk the distance, no two ways about it.
you're right I trekked like a mad man today all Keke are virtually filled up
the road network is not straight forward and Keke people are doing shakara
this is beautiful Nonsense
and who said that you can't be robbed with Keke?
for your information Keke robbing is the most stealth and dangerous because nobody will know what is happening to you till they're done with you and zoom off with 2 cylinder fast Keke

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by kabarka(m): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2018
bugidon:
With time,you be used to it.it is the in thing for every big city.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by BianoJay(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2018
Alexdon200089:

Have you been robbed 2times with bike??

I have been robbed more times than you.
Haven't you been robbed in a Keke before? It happens everyday in onitsha.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Abfinest007(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2018
Wati fine for here
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2018
Currently in onitsha via American quarters honestly onitsha regained some warm outlook as of yesterday no bike was seen within the street residents are just trying to adjust keke drivers are not plying within streets it all depends on u might choose to use ur legs to complete ur journey well at the end I think the government has really done well my wish is dat their #100k for exchange with the new mini bus shouldn't be siphon by one greedy individual

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Lonestar124: 9:36am On Jul 02, 2018
bugidon:
Bro its banned everywhere, both in the streets and environs around isha
You can't be sure.it will cause pandemonium
in the state if really true.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Dav08175857915(m): 9:36am On Jul 02, 2018
Chiebonam David Onah the inferior wawa man from our backward Enugu state. Most of these okada men are from our state particularly Nsukka. You should be thinking about how your useless gov would accommodate them back to your state instead of being silly.

[s]
Dave880:
Every state wan be like enugu state.
042 isyl not just a number, it's a way of life.
We lead others follow.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by bugidon(m): 9:38am On Jul 02, 2018
Now I know you are not in anambra
Lonestar124:
You can't be sure.it will cause pandemonium
in the state if really true.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by BianoJay(m): 9:39am On Jul 02, 2018
MXrap:
Carry your okada and go back to your state and stop crying all over the place. It is not a most that you must stay in Anambra. Anambra has the best road networks in the SE.

Posts like yours are the reason why I hardly comment on nairaland. People who just type just to have something to say. Where do you think I come from, Anambra man?

Before you quote me again, try trekking from MCC through Isiokwe Road, across Awka Road and down to Osuma road, or you can as well tell me if buses or Keke cover those kind of route.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by diegwu02: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2018
Onitsha can now be compared to Dubai Downtown.
By the time Obiano completes the 120km monorail project, Onitsha would overtake Dubai undecided
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by TundeBricklayer: 9:42am On Jul 02, 2018
diegwu02:
Onitsha can now be compared to Dubai Downtown.
By the time Obiano completes the 120km monorail project, Onitsha would overtake Dubai undecided
Conehead how far with Abeokuta today?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by MXrap: 9:42am On Jul 02, 2018
If you are poor that you can't buy a car then trek. Those people trekking are not foolish. For instance If you are going to Onitsha mall, when you stop at ABS junction then you use leg and finish the rest if you don't have a car. People should learn how to adjust and not complaining all the time.

BianoJay:

Posts like yours are the reason why I hardly comment on nairaland. People who just type just to have something to say. Where do you think I come from, Anambra man?

Before you quote me again, try trekking from MCC through Isiokwe Road, across Awka Road and down to Osuma road, or you can as well tell me if buses or Keke cover those kind of route.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Constie(f): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2018
Wow... Beautiful smiley

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 02, 2018
BianoJay:

Seems harsh but may be helpful at last by reducing road traffic accidents drastically, besides keke could go almost anywhere a bike could and I believe thats the plan.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by TundeBricklayer: 9:44am On Jul 02, 2018
MXrap post=69008737[s:
]If you are poor that you can't buy a car then trek. Those people trekking are not foolish. For instance If you are going to Onitsha mall, when you stop at ABS junction then you use leg and finish the rest if you don't have a car. People should learn how to adjust and not complaining all the time.
[/s]

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by BianoJay(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2018
MXrap:
If you are poor that you can't buy a car then trek. Those people trekking are not foolish. For instance If you are going to Onitsha mall, when you stop at ABS junction then you use leg and finish the rest if you don't have a car. People should learn how to adjust and not complaining all the time.

Smh. Rich man, please do well to buy me a car!
It's very easy to talk on the internet.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by skales67(m): 9:45am On Jul 02, 2018
bugidon:

Then start getting used to it!

Okada is gone for good! After Obiano hands over to me in 2021, i will ban all Bajaj and Ape Keke tricycles. Innoson must start manufacturing keke to be used in Anambra. angry
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by MXrap: 9:45am On Jul 02, 2018
It is not about being rich, it is about cutting your cloth according to your size.

BianoJay:

Smh. Rich man, please do well to buy me a car!
It's very easy to talk on the internet.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by MXrap: 9:46am On Jul 02, 2018
Thank you bro

skales67:

Okada is gone for good! After Obiano hands over to me in 2021, i will ban all Bajaj and Ape Keke tricycles. Innoson must start manufacturing keke to be used in Anambra. angry
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by bugidon(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2018
grin udo di nwanne
skales67:

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by showafrica(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2018
soliddust2020:
Keke will be the new nuisance there.

I tell you but it's far better. It became a problem for Rochas in Owerri and he banned Keke, now taxi is now the new nuisance. I still prefer Keke to all, since we are yet to do rails.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Lonestar124: 9:48am On Jul 02, 2018
bugidon:
Now I know you are not in anambra
Thank for letting me know.

And nnewi and other notable motorbikes market dealers will be going into extinction.

The state government should find reasons..at least they should allow them run on minor roads.
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by Okadalifestyle(m): 9:50am On Jul 02, 2018
investnow2013:
GOV. OBIANO THANK YOU FOR BRINGING BACK THE BEAUTY & SERENITY OF THIS EMERGING GREAT CITY OF ONITSHA.

As the first day of the ban on commercial motorbike passes, most of the operators adhered to the State Government's order.

The usual Monday morning rowdiness was absent though residents were seen in some parts struggling for limited Keke (tricycles).

School-runs had to be done on foot and residents are seen walking down to their destinations or to bus junctions to get alternative transportation.

Are you currently in Onitsha? What's your experience on the first working day without Okada?
Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by mavinc4u(f): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2018
they can ban them from major roads and not permanently because they are areas that it would be better to enter bike to.

That Governor should better respect his age now. Imagine after buying something from main market and looking very tired, i will now enter keke that won't drop me in front of my house and if i decide to enter charter for keke, he will give me a ridiculous charge as if he would make them in one trip. grin

Nonsense, i told them to vote this man out but they didn't listen, now see the result. cry

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by BianoJay(m): 9:51am On Jul 02, 2018
veeshock:

Seems harsh but may be helpful at last by reducing road traffic accidents drastically, besides keke could go almost anywhere a bike could and I believe thats the plan.

The truth is; the ban has its merits and demerits. My belief is that the government's primary duty is to make life better for the masses. Before a major decision like this can be made, a decision which affects especially the poor and vulnerable ones, the government should have made sure that there are measures to cushion the effect of the ban. Onitsha unlike other cities isn't a place where you find cabs or taxis, and this makes navigating through some routes impossible without bikes because you can't walk the distance. Buses ply the major roads, and so do Kekes, and not everyone can charter a Keke everytime they intend going to some places. Not everyone can buy a car.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada by bugidon(m): 9:52am On Jul 02, 2018
Bro the thing tire me, do you know that this ban is effective in awada, obosi, nkpor,nkwelle,idemili and other minor towns around osha plus awka and environs o, the thing is not well planned at all
Lonestar124:
Thank for letting me know.

And nnewi and other notable motorbikes market dealers will be going into extinction.

The state government should find reasons..at least they should allow them run on minor roads.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidential Team Visits Injured NAF Pilot After Plane Crash In Abuja. Photos / Terrible Accident In Kogi Kills Many (Graphic Photos) / Revealed: Top 10 Lagos 419 Tricks You Should Never Fall For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.