Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,793 members, 7,851,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:05 AM

Not Too Young To Run - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Not Too Young To Run (278 Views)

Meet The Young Nigerians Behind "Not Too Young To Run" Advocacy - Pictures / President Buhari Signing "Not Too Young To Run" Bill Into Law (Photos) / Buhari: I Will Sign ‘Not Too Young To Run’ Bill In Few Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not Too Young To Run by duyadominic: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2018
KGHA-BASSA CONSTITUENCY
DECLARATION OF CONSENT

Let me begin by saying "Thank You" to all who have stood, fought and even lost their lives in order to preserve, protect and promote our socio-political and economics space especially the to mention the crop of the current political leaders. I must also recognise those who sabbotaged and selfishly even shamelessly destroy our civic rights and privileges; it is for such people we've got to appreciate the need to step in today and chart a way further and better.

This is a symbolic gesture for me as i know that this is only a curtain raiser for alot of youths who had wish to participate and maybe lacked motivation and courage. It would be a greater pleasure that after today, many especially the eligeable and good conscienced young men and ladies would stand up and pick courageous interest in the governance of their nation.

I know that there are alot of challenges especially fundings, which should have been included in the NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN BILL, but we are getting there.
Political witchhunting and opponent elimination is also a greater threat scaring both the young and the old from politics. Well, this too shall pass. But all these will not stop if you forbid it in the comfort of our homes alone.

Alot of things though were not desirable but have even now worsen. Then it was the dilapitated public utilities but now even our homes and lives are destroyed and dilapitated which includes and not limited to;

*Poor Civil Service.
Well even a kid now knows the destruction that has welcomed the public service especially the LGAs. Our Leaders have failed to identify the public service the the oil that lubricates the engine system of any economy. There is urgent need to declare already State of Emergency on the entire 21 LGAs of Kogi State. Fearless and selfless legislation should be made to salvage the situation.

*Deteriorating Education Standard.
The value of education has be relegated as pets occupy education infrastructure as a result of lack of payment of salaries and provision of learning materials and welfare of teachers. How can a society grow if this basic right of a is denied him/her?

*Economic Infrastructure
Like i forementioned, our public utilities like road, electricity, portable and accessible water, markets, et al weren't in a desired state but now it is in a worst state.

*Security
Well it is now a national issue but with its peculiarities. Much more than violent resolution needs to be fashioned. Now people no longer go to farms as the fear of attacks is pre-eminent. In the long run, famine would emerge and inflation would even rise higher than what we've had.

*Poverty
The Washington-Based Brooking Institution has just released a report titled "The Start of a New Poverty Narative" Placing Nigeria as the poorest country in the world with 87 million people extremely poor. 6 new people enter into extreme poverty every minutes. Yet Billions of hard foreign currency has been shared to states most of whom are borrowed and yet States like kogi failed to pay off the debts for which this funds were meant for.
Dear Constituents, If you look, you would see that greater woes awaits us. Some have preferred death thus committing suicides. Some have lost their love ones to maleria for money to take them to hospital. Children are out of schools, Graduates are tired trying different means to survice (Buhari: Nigeria youths are Lazy). Some have accepted to stand on the high ways with guns. Some even die crossing the mediterranean sea.

Haven't we had enough of it. Shall we sit and allow our fellow human who have blood, the same number of head, hands and breath like us drown us?
This is why i have come to put in my all, my life, my heart to fight for mankind, to fight for Bassa constituency. Though i am young but my strength and wisdom makes me tall

I want to use this opportunity to thank the NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN MOVEMENT for the sacrifices.

Long live Bassa LGA

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Guber: We Will Resist Any Attempt Of Rigging, PDP Tells APC / Removed / I’m Not In Talks With Obasanjo, Says Falae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.