Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Union Bank Shares - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Union Bank Shares (4311 Views)

Wema Bank Shares / Why Union Bank Shares Are Not Worth Buying / Zenith Bank Shares Offer: Opportunity Or Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Union Bank Shares by MT: 11:06am On Mar 24, 2007
What Can You Say Abt Union Bank Shares?

The growth is slow since their PO. No dividends since. Do you suggest such a share should be sold off and the money to be used to buy other shares or do a profitable business. I feel my cash is lying idle there. your opinion please,
Re: Union Bank Shares by TheOne2(m): 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2007
IF u have better options pls dispose the shares. Union bank is one of the most disappointing bank shares around. For the past month they've just been oscillating between 29 and 30 naira which is annoying. Other stocks like GTB, Zenith, Oceanic and even Access bank have made significant appreciation.

That's my advice sha o.
Re: Union Bank Shares by smithid(m): 7:35pm On Mar 24, 2007
it depends on how u look at the stock and what u really want from the market. there are dividend biters, share appreciation biters (portfolio building) , rake in and out people (that is those that put in money and with little appreciation of the shares they sell out and there are also value investors.Decide the one you are then you can make a very healthy choice. Cheers
Re: Union Bank Shares by Omoba3(m): 12:37am On Mar 25, 2007
@ Smithid - I would like to disagree with your take on things, considering the PO was over a year and since then the stock appreciation is total crap in comparison to other stocks. The time frame its taken Union to get to its current level, one would have made better value investments with good appreciation.

My take? - whatever type of investor you are, you would have been better off investing in something else and gotten better returns. Everyone's goal is to make the best profit available and possible, at least I think
Re: Union Bank Shares by uzomaeze(m): 1:14pm On Mar 25, 2007
never mind the stock is good that was how i complained of GTBank but look at it today is doing quite well
Re: Union Bank Shares by Consultant(f): 2:28pm On Mar 25, 2007
You may want to wait a bit to dispose of those shares - that is unless you are basing your decision on additional insight about the company, and not just share price. When I bought Oceanic in 2004, I had the same reservations. In fact, the price fell below IPO level for a while. It took at least a year for it to start rising and now, the shares I bought for 6.30 are worth over N19.
Re: Union Bank Shares by hbrednic: 7:29pm On Mar 25, 2007
i bought union bank shares in since jan.2005,through an asset mgt company,uptill now i have not received the share cert.since i am living abroad anybody has an idea of what i have to do about it? or is the delay a normal?
Re: Union Bank Shares by MT: 11:28pm On Mar 25, 2007
@hybrednic

I spoke with them on the phone when i had a delay with my share cert and the lady told me that they were distributing batch batch. I had 20,000 units. I have got mine now. He said those that bought higher units would soon be getting theirs. If your own is above 20,000 units, wait a while, if not give them a ring. I spoke with them like one and a half month ago. Hope this helps
Re: Union Bank Shares by profniran: 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2007
The low point for Union Bank is that dividend capacity isn’t very likely to get better this year with about 54 percent expansion in the volume of shares. On the other hand, there is confidence that the three-year declining trend in earnings per share will be halted. The snag to watch is that dividend isn’t likely to improve and that is a good indication that the stock is not a good candidate for bullish trading.
From the analysis of the 3rd quarter results though unaudited, It is pertinent to say that depending on the type of investor you are/your investment goal you can still buy Union Bank Shares.
If you are a short term investor whose interest resides only in Capital Appreciation you may buy UBN shares now based on the fact that the price has been within the same region for a while.
If you are the kind of investor whose goal is dividend income,that will not come until July this year at N1.00K Per Share.
Union Bank is stepping up profit growth strong enough to moderate the impact of the increased volume of shares on rates of return. Profit is expected to be strong enough to reverse the declining trend in earnings per share and at least preserve dividend pay out capacity. The developments qualify the stock to join cautiously the general rally of banking stocks.
Re: Union Bank Shares by hbrednic: 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2007
@MT

actually i bought more than 20,000.but can you please give me their number to call them.
Re: Union Bank Shares by MT: 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2007
234-1-2630361, 2631430, 2644374, 2644255

Hope this helps
Re: Union Bank Shares by alanbolo(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28, 2007
@ profniran, thx 4 d insight, I'm on d verge of selling my UBN but reading this tread will caution my steps till July / august awaiting d dividend payouts.
Re: Union Bank Shares by hbrednic: 5:30pm On Mar 30, 2007
thanks a lot MT, a bottle of beer for your help. i apreciate
Re: Union Bank Shares by Obalende: 6:04pm On Jan 19, 2008
Union Bank is a good long term buy. Its an asset over the long term.
Re: Union Bank Shares by Labo: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2008
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know when UBN will likely release their Q3 result.
Re: Union Bank Shares by gr8iydy: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2015
hello, I bought shares from union bank back in 2005 and I use to received my dividend for sometime, but after the issue of economy melt down they stopped sending report and dividend to me...... though have not been to there office to ask... anybody with idea of what could have happen ? plz fact info I need cos am planning to go and I want to hold something to check with what I will b told .... thanks
Re: Union Bank Shares by carpenter(m): 5:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
gr8iydy:
hello, I bought shares from union bank back in 2005 and I use to received my dividend for sometime, but after the issue of economy melt down they stopped sending report and dividend to me...... though have not been to there office to ask... anybody with idea of what could have happen ? plz fact info I need cos am planning to go and I want to hold something to check with what I will b told .... thanks

Got to

GTL Registrars (Formerly Union Registrars Ltd.)
2 Burma Road Apapa | Lagos

They will be able to answer your questions. However note the following;
1. Do you have paper certificates? If you do, you need to go and dematerialise them
2. Do you have a stock broker? if you don't, you need to get one

If you have a stockbroker, let that be your first point of contact. They will explain what you need to do before going to the address above.
Re: Union Bank Shares by gr8iydy: 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2015
Thanks for the information !!! I will do just that

(1) (Reply)

Which Business Can I Start With 600k / Get Free Digital Coin Worth $$$ / Sterling Bank Doubble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.