Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,896 members, 7,824,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

How To Create A Website For Your Business. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Create A Website For Your Business. (377 Views)

Enhance your brand build a website. / Merchants In Africa Are Needed | Own A Website That Issues Visa Virtual Cards / Why Do I Need A Website & Domain/ Hosting Services For My Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Website For Your Business. by fnep2smooth(m): 4:45am On Jul 03, 2018
[img]https://2.bp..com/-ZN7fPR70PWw/WgOwkwB--8I/AAAAAAAAAAQ/G6_JdwUqZvIOpeVAidHmRy_cqPb5xW8kACPcBGAYYCw/s1600/fnepshevooblog5.jpg[/img]

Starting a new business in Nigeria comes with a lot of challenges, maintaining an existing one also has its own problem and stress. You may be thinking why you need a website for your business because you can't operate a computer or can't afford to pay a Web designer for one which to me it’s very cheap if only you meet the right developer.

Most businesses need this online presence to boost the sale and also create awareness about their product or services. First, every business ranging from tailoring, real estate, sales, or manufacturing or any one that has to do with buying and selling or rendering of services needs a well functional website to begin with.

Many Nigerian businesses have not fully embrace technology and have not also impact it on their business because of lack of proper awareness. We still dwell in the old form of buying and selling things which cannot give you the right sales you need to grow your business in the country and beyond.

Starting a simple site for you Tailoring / Fashion design work gives you the opportunity to showcase your fashion sense and creativity to new and existing customer, you can receive order from people across the world for a specific style and sending it with the help of NIPOST or other logistics in the country has even make it much easier. You may be asking yourself some questions like:

How will I manage the website?
How will i make people see my product?
How can my customer contact me easily?

The current technology advancement in the country as gone past these problems, you now have easy way to boost your online presence. There are lot of website giving free hosting for start up business, when you are able to afford you own hosting which is not that expensive since you are not running a big website that may generate big traffic in time to come, so you don’t have to worry about spending heavily on hosting since your customers may be in hundreds or less in a month which is a good sales if you are into fashion design or any business that doesn’t require heavy traffic to make sales.

You can get a .com for as low as 1$ only if it’s not taken or it’s not a premium domain (Premium domain are domain that are not too long and are very easy to remember example call.com, food.com, cars.com or anything related to short words or alphabet.)

To answer your question on "How will i manage the website?"
I know you may be wondering how you will manage and update your pictures or content on your website since you don’t know anything about computer or how the internet works.
Little do you know that some web developer also render maintenance services to their job to help you update new arrival or fashion trend in your stock. Since your site is not that heavy, negotiating on how much you will pay him anytime you want to upload or update new content to your website. This maintenance is base on the amount of job you want the developer to do for you, so firstly you have to know your budget and also know how frequently you will be updating them.

Secondly, if you are running a simple business that does not require you to keep updating your content every time, you can be sure of spending less since your next update will be in a month time or more. Starting this kind of simple site should not cost you less than 25,000 Naira for a years which combine your domain name and hosting.

In this plan, owner of the website are advice to choose a lasting domain name and also choose a good platform that will make it easier for you to move your website to a new hosting site whenever you wish. Platform like WordPress, Joomla, and Blogger can really serve the purpose. Discussing this with your developer will also give you an insight on how to plan for the future in case things change and he will also help you to back-up your website in case of breakdown of site.

To answer your question on "How will i make people see my product?"
Staying in your store / shop without letting people to know what you do and what you have in stock has a way of dropping your sales and your presence. There are free platform you can engage with people and also promote yourself without spending anything unless you wish to engage in Facebook Advert or other social media advert wish is not too expensive depending on your budget. Posting your store URL and product on different social media platform has a way of drawing people attention to your website.

These processes are very easy to do and you can do all this without having a laptop or a desktop but with the use of your smart phone. You can even edit and manage your website with your Smartphone. You only need the developer to finish with the front-end of your website, and then you operate from the back-end. You may only need him whenever you need a major stuff to be done on your website which could be resolve anywhere he maybe.

Many small scale businesses in Nigeria need to start embracing technology to help boost their business, this simple principle can be apply on your Laundry Store, Phone Business, Computer Store and Accessories, Restaurant, Fashion Designer, Boutique Owners, Poultry Business, Shoe Markers, Customized T-Shirt and Trouser, Real estate, Book Store, Hospital , Small or large Supermarket and many more.

Note: You can integrate automatic WhatsApp Messenger to this store for customer to be able to have a one-on-one chat with you regarding the product or services they want. since you don’t want any payment gateway (Receiving payment via MasterCard, Visa or verve) on your website, you can use this new WhatsApp features to receive payment when both parties has come to a deal, this could be done by bank transfer or by bank deposit depending on your choose, and it if you wish to have a payment gateway integrate into your website then you need to discuss it with your developer.

Please take your time to visit the link to see some best hosting site that suit your needs and also go through their terms and condition before signing up. Take advantage of this global trend and boost your business to people around you. Please drop your comment on this topic Thanks.

http://www.fnepshevoo.com.ng/2018/07/how-to-create-website-for-your-business.html
Re: How To Create A Website For Your Business. by fnep2smooth(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
Please drop your comment.
Re: How To Create A Website For Your Business. by fnep2smooth(m): 4:31pm On Jul 29, 2018
Visit my blog for interesting article on tutorial and entertainment. www.fnepshevoo.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Speed Up Your Drupal Website / Nigeria Spends Over N120b On Sugar Importation / I Need 15 Ton Man Diesel Or Mack Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.