Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Serena Williams Returns To Wimbledon With A Sublime Win To Reach Round 2 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Returns To Wimbledon With A Sublime Win To Reach Round 2 (275 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Serena Williams Cries After Losing Wimbledon Final To Angelique Kerber (Photos) / Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian In An All-Star Guest List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serena Williams Returns To Wimbledon With A Sublime Win To Reach Round 2 by indulge01: 4:57am On Jul 03, 2018
LONDON (AP) — Now that she’s “Mrs. Williams,” per the Wimbledon chair umpire, now that she’s a mother, now that she is back on tour, Serena Williams is ready to rediscover her full complement of shots and full ability to dominate.

Serena Williams of the US plays a return to Arantxa Rus of the Netherlands during the women’s singles first round match at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London, Monday July 2, 2018. (AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth)
“Not only do I expect to win,” she said Monday after picking up a victory in her first match at the All England Club in two years, “I expect to win emphatically.”
Williams found herself in a bit of a jam against 105th-ranked Arantxa Rus of the Netherlands, down by a break in the second set on a windy afternoon. And then, a five-game run and 25 minutes later, Williams had completed the 7-5, 6-3 result.

“I have such high expectations of myself,” said Williams, whose 23 Grand Slam singles championships include seven at Wimbledon, so she was seeded 25th even though her ranking is 181st following an extended absence. “I don’t go out there expecting to ‘do well’ or ‘see what happens.’ That’s just not me.”

READ FULL MATCH ANALYSIS HERE- http://www./2018/07/serena-williams-returns-to-wimbledon-with-a-sublime-win-to-reach-round-2.html

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Returns To Wimbledon With A Sublime Win To Reach Round 2 by Horus(m): 5:18am On Jul 03, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15jEuaBcGfo

Serena Williams 'felt good' to be back | Wimbledon 2018
Re: Serena Williams Returns To Wimbledon With A Sublime Win To Reach Round 2 by pode(m): 5:56am On Jul 03, 2018
I wish you all the best of luck

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Southgate Looking Ahead After England's World Cup Win / Cristiano Ronaldo Move To Juventus ‘already Signed’, Ex-juventus Director Moggi / Mundo Deportivo: PSG Target Shocking €270m-move For Coutinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.