Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. (1412 Views)

Heartbreaking Last Letter Written By An Iranian Woman Before She Was Hanged / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone / Act Of War: Iranian "aid" Ships Head For Gaza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 9:15pm On Jun 08, 2010
The Iranian government says it has evidence that one of its nuclear scientists was abducted and is being held in the US against his will.

Shahram Amiri disappeared a year ago while on a pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

A video broadcast by Iranian TV purports to show Mr Amiri saying he was kidnapped and is living in Arizona.

Hours later, another video posted on YouTube appeared to show the scientist saying he was happy in America. The US denied abducting him.  undecided

In the video shown on the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting network, the man says he was forced to say he defected with a laptop full of evidence about Iran's nuclear secrets and that he was being used to put pressure on Iran.   undecided

The same old CIA games of abduction, secret spies and assassination is back.  cheesy

Now we understand what dear Mr. Obama calls diplomatic approach towards Iran's nuclear program.  cheesy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10264193.stm
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2010
Of course he fled into exile from the deranged regime of your brother Ahmadinejad .

Many Iranians scientists, poets etc flee Iran to safeguard their lives.

Think before posting, duh !!
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 9:33pm On Jun 08, 2010
frosbel:

Of course he fled into exile from the deranged regime of your brother Ahmadinejad .

Many Iranians scientists, poets etc flee Iran to safeguard their lives.

Think before posting, duh !!

If I call you an idiot it would be mere repetition of what some others have said over and over gain. There is a big chance you don't even have a job. The time you have spent arguing Arab/Isreal on this site would have made anyone $100 by now.

What makes you think he was not abducted, as usual you would always jump to your subconscious white supremacist believe, that the west is always right. Still an idiot anyway. cheesy
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Afam(m): 3:49am On Jun 09, 2010
Ikomi:

If I call you an idiot it would be mere repetition of what some others have said over and over gain. There is a big chance you don't even have a job. The time you have spent arguing Arab/Isreal on this site would have made anyone $100 by now.

What makes you think he was not abducted, as usual you would always jump to your subconscious white supremacist believe, that the west is always right. Still an idiot anyway. cheesy

The guy is cursed so his actions are only manifestations of the curse.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 09, 2010
^
Dundee united !
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

^
Dundee united !

lol,   cheesy You know I told you from the begining your mad, now you've prooved me right. lol

What has Dundee the name of a place in the UK got to do with this issue. lol. Frosbel. cheesy
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2010
Ikomi:

lol,   cheesy You know I told you from the begining your mad, now you've prooved me right. lol

What has Dundee the name of a place in the UK got to do with this issue. lol. Frosbel.  cheesy

Dundee ? Don't you know that slang in Naija ?

It means DUNCE !!

Absolute DUNCE you and Afam is !

A dunce is a person incapable of learning.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 10:50am On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

Dundee ? Don't you know that slang in Naija ?

It means DUNCE !!

Absolute DUNCE you and Afam is !

A dunce is a person incapable of learning.

Frosbel your not only mad, you are a low life, Dundee is a place in the UK, I dont know how that turns out to be a slang, finally please its Nigeria, not naija, we have not changd the name.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2010
Ikomi:

Frosbel your not only mad, you are a low life, Dundee is a place in the UK, I dont know how that turns out to be a slang, finally please its Nigeria, not naija, we have not changd the name.

lol. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Afam(m): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

lol. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Impressive, laughing at your own stupidity confirms that you are indeed mentally retarded.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 09, 2010
Afam:

Impressive, laughing at your own stupidity confirms that you are indeed mentally retarded.

Lagos traffic and madness must surely have turned you into an animal, lol.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

Lagos traffic and madness must surely have turned you into an animal, lol.
Mr. "londoner" so Lagos traffic now turn people into animal. I'm afraid for your family members in Lagos then. When Nick Griffin is done having his wish come true, the same Lagos will be waiting to receive you.

BTW, Thanks for the compliments. Eko oni baje O!
Cheers.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
AIRDIG:

Mr. "londoner" so Lagos traffic now turn people into animal. I'm afraid for your family members in Lagos then. When Nick Griffin is done having his wish come true, the same Lagos will be waiting to receive you.

BTW, Thanks for the compliments. Eko oni baje O!
Cheers.

Don't be silly, Lagos is my home.

I was referring to your useless brother Anuofia Afam.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Afam(m): 6:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

Don't be silly, Lagos is my home.

I was referring to your useless brother Anuofia Afam.

Classic response from a professional scam artiste.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Tudor6(f): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2010
Dude was ''kidnapped'' nand now lives in ''arizona''. . . .yea right.

if hez living there against his will, why not sue or leave?
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Afam(m): 8:55am On Jun 10, 2010
Tudór:

Ignorance is a disease. Does this clown understand the topic at all? Sue or leave? Damn! Very soon this same clown will ask why all those people they kidnap for ransom don't sue or leave the hideouts? Mumu dey dis one blood.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 10, 2010
Tudór:

Just ignore AFAM that FOOL , something must be the matter with him, either his wife left him and he is bitter or he has some personal problems and is taking his anger out on Nairalanders !
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 10:14am On Jun 10, 2010
Tudór:

lol. kidnapped, sue or leave. cheesy

Frosbel, have you been teaching this person how to be funny? cheesy
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2010
As Tehran broadcasts footage it says shows a missing scientist claiming he was abducted, another video pops up on YouTube allegedly showing the same man declaring he's happy and free. Channel 4 News looks at the deepening mystery of Iran's missing scientist.

Shahram Amiri, a university researcher working for Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation, disappeared during pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia in June last year.

Iran has accused Riyadh of handing the scientists over to the US, a charge that Saudi Arabia denies.

US officials have refused to say whether Mr Amiri is in the USA, but it's been reported that he defected and provided information on the secret uranium enrichment site near Qom.

On Monday Iranian state television broadcast a video which it says proves Amiri was kidnapped and "tortured."

Speaking in Farsi the man in the video says, "I was kidnapped from Medina in a joint operation by the American intelligence service… and Saudi Arabia."

"I was given an anaesthetic injection. When I regained consciousness, I was being taken to America. During eight months that I have been kept here in America, I was subjected to severe torture and psychological pressure by the American,  intelligence groups."

B[b]ut now more footage has emerged, contradicting the video shown by Iran. Posted on YouTube a man, also said to be Amiri, claims he is studying in the US, of his own free will.[/b]

"I am in America and intend to continue my education in this country. I am free here and assure everyone I am safe," he said. "The purpose in today’s conversation is to out an end to all the rumours that have been levelled at me over the past year. I am Iranian, and I have not taken any steps against my homeland."

It’s not been possible to independently verify who the person or people in the videos are, although both men do look similar to photographs of Amiri that have appeared in Iranian media previously.

The US  has never formally acknowledged Mr Ansari's existence or admitted to having a role in his disappearance, but the New York times quotes a US official saying:

"The United States doesn’t force people to defect or hold them here of they do. That’s ridiculous, ultimately it's their decision.  Does anyone really believe that someone supposedly held captive has internet access and the ability to make and send videos? That doesn’t make any sense."

The videos have surfaced ahead of a UN security council vote on new sanctions against Iran over its nuclear programme. The Obama administration has been offering classified intelligence briefings to members of the security council which foreign diplomats and US officials claim shows new evidence of Iran’s development of nuclear warheads, according to foreign diplomats and US officials.

Iran summoned the Swiss Ambassador in Tehran on Tuesday and handed over documents it says show the missing scientist - and former Iranian deputy defence minister Alireza Asgai were both kidnapped by Americans. Iran has no diplomatic ties with the US and all US interests in Tehran are handled by the Swiss embassy.

The Iranian Foreign Ministry has asked for the immediate and unconditional release of Mr Amiri, with ISNA reporting: "In the meeting (with the Swiss envoy) Iran emphasised that America is responsible for the life and well being of Mr Amiri and stressed his abduction was against all obvious international  laws and human rights."

So was Amiri was abducted or did he defect? Despite the new videos we are no closer to unravelling the mystery.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tMY-oraOfA&hl=en[/flash]
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 10, 2010
@frosbel
as usual they would call u names b4 they investigate, and since they cannot produce proof they use personal insult
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Frosbel

Did you see the video on this link, listen to the analysis before posting that rubbish up there:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10264193.stm

Frosbel you are too dumb to argue.

I thought you would have been coming up with questions like could a man be captured and stage played videos released to twist the facts?

If yes, is that the situation in this case or are the Iranians trying to score a cheap political point?

Reasonable questions, but honestly Frosbel your too dumb to argue, your a one way street.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Frosbel

I am not going to debate you cause the way you reason is just not there. The bottom line is that a man is missing no matter what videos you have to post. Where he is, and how he got there is the big question.

Me and you cannot answer that, but to claim you know it with a silly youtube video is simply being ignorant of how the real world works. Good day.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgMimPUhvZk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"[/flash]
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Frosbel

Learn my friend dont just type for the sake of it, I only come in here to share views with people but for idiots like you make the whole process worthless.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NDvyywaLS4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"[/flash]
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ikomi:

@Frosbel

Learn my friend dont just type for the sake of it, I only come in here to share views with people but for idiots like you make the whole process worthless.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NDvyywaLS4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"[/flash]

Oh just shut up Ikomi, YOU are CLUELESS !!
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
frosbel:

Oh just shut up Ikomi, YOU are CLUELESS !!

It is my believe that you have completely lost the plot.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Afam(m): 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ikomi, you no dey hear word?

How do you expect this clown to use his brain when the brain is already dead?

Well, you get time sha, as for me I direct all his posts to the trash can where they rightly belong.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by olson(m): 6:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
I am learning from people on this forum. Some are abusive, to those I just want to say, why can't you reply someone without abusing the person. Just reply the person in a polite manner. I don't want anyone to believe both America and Iran both could be lying .wink
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by TayoD1(m): 10:12pm On Jun 10, 2010
@topic,

There are at least 4 parties involved in this plot.  The United States (the accused); Saudi Arabia (also the accused); Iran (the accuser) and the Scientist (the victim).

From all indications, there are contradictory evidences with regard to whether the scientist was abducted by the US and Saudi Arabia.  Here are my observations:

1. The title of this thread would have been better served by including the word "allegedly." That is: "America ALLEGEDLY Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist"

2. Why is Saudi Arabia left off the hook by those who are assailing the US for the alleged kidnapping?

3. Is kidnapping the crime or the nationality of the parties involved? Afterall, Saudi Arabia is an active participant in the alleged crime, and yet they are left off the hook.

4. Based on the three points listed above, it is clear that old prejudice, and not a reasonable analysis of the reported information  forms the basis of most reaction and presentation of this topic thus far.

5. Personal attacks will still continue despite my effort to steer the discussion on points.
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Ikomi(m): 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Afam

I don't know if you saw the old western, The good the bad and the ugly.

Where Eli Wallach used the very famous quote "when one b-a-s-t-a-r-d goes in another b-a-s-t-a-r-d comes out".

In this threads case its like "when one idiot goes out another idiot comes in". No be small thing ooohh.  cheesy
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Cohomology: 11:17pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ikomi:

@Afam

I don't know if you saw the old western, The good the bad and the ugly.

Where Eli Wallach used the very famous quote "when one b-a-s-t-a-r-d goes in another b-a-s-t-a-r-d comes out".

In this threads case its like "when one idiot goes out another idiot comes in". No be small thing ooohh.  cheesy

LOL!
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by TayoD1(m): 12:08am On Jun 11, 2010
@Ayatollah Ikomi,

Some people just make others look so good.  It took just an hour after I predicted the following: "Personal attacks will still continue despite my effort to steer the discussion on points" for it to be fulfilled.  I am glad that the veil is now removed and we can see the idiot for who he really is. 

Now let us chronicle the entry and exit of the idiot who is calling others idiots just to deflect attention from his idiocy.

Enter the idiot on June 8, 9:15pm: "The same old CIA games of abduction, secret spies and assassination is back".

Exit the idiot today at 12:42pm: "how he got there is the big question. me and you cannot answer that, but to claim you know it with a silly youtube video is simply being ignorant of how the real world works."

I am sure your idiocy is evidenced for all to see  in the two quotes above.  First you made a categorical statement saying the CIA is behind the abduction and then declare that you are in no position to make such a conclusion.  How confused can you be?

It is my believe that you have completely lost the plot.
The word in bold should be BELIEF and not BELIEVE.  How many times do I have to educate you here on nairaland?  Do I have to start lecturing you about the proper use of nouns and verbs?
Re: America Abducts Iranian Nuclear Scientist. by Afam(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2010
olson:

I am learning from people on this forum. Some are abusive, to those I just want to say, why can't you reply someone without abusing the person. Just reply the person in a polite manner. I don't want anyone to believe both America and Iran both could be lying .wink

If you are truly new on this forum I will attempt to explain a few things.

People like me don't initiate insults but whenever insults are directed my way I respond to them and there is no limit as regards when I would stop as long as I am directing the insults to those that started them.

You must understand that we have people who think they can insult others and get away with it just because other people may have been tolerating the insults. It is my duty and the duty of others like me to put these people where they belong and to respond to them accordingly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Major Nations Absent As China Launches W.bank Rival In Asia / Murderer Of Soleimani Killed With Spy Plane Shot Down Over Afghanistan - Veteran / U.S Elections: Voter Fraud Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.