Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,976 members, 7,863,481 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:36 PM

I Weep For The Nigeria Police Force - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Weep For The Nigeria Police Force (316 Views)

I Weep For The South: Former Goveror Of Zamfara, Sanni Yerima / Nigeria @59: 9 Pictures That Will Make You Weep For Nigeria / Dele Momodu: I Weep For Buhari… His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Weep For The Nigeria Police Force by iluvdonjazzy: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2018
POLICE OFFICERS WELFARE (HOUSING AND ACCOMMODATIONS)

police is the most poorly funded organization in the country.

Despite the rot, there are still good officers who can pass any integrity test they may be subjected to.

The federal government has systematically exposed to a situation that literally forces them into various malpractices they are accused of.

The federal government needs to empower the police by adjusting their welfare.

welfare here means increments of salary and making available good and habitable shelter with modern equipment and good allowance.

The police is a regimented organization and ideally police officers should live in the barracks where they could be gathered when the need arises. but in the case of Nigeria police, most policemen live in separate places while a few others sleep in the office.

In march 2010, The officer in charge of the federal capital territory police command provost died while sleeping in the office at the command headquarters in garki Abuja because he doesn't have accommodation in the barracks so has to sleep in the office.

police barracks are death traps because most of the buildings are leaking and dilapidated.

When you visit most of the police Division, apart from arms and ammunitions which may be intact, it is very rear to see good chairs, table fan etc, at the Charge Room.

The Admin office is nothing to write about. No Sets of functioning computer and other vital stationeries, rats and cockroaches find their houses in personnel files.
Yet, they are looking up for prompt and active administration

No serviceable power generator for the Division.

The DPO source for money to furnish his/her office from anywhere, yet they are looking for justice.

An injured Policeman in the cause of his duty is abandoned to carry his cross.
Yet, they are looking for commitment from others.

Policemen take out of their meager salary to procure their personal needs like uniform, buttons, belt, shoe, beret, lineyard, even at the detriment of your family luxury. and we have kit stores.

The patrol vans were either donated by state govt, companies or individuals and the fueling and maintenance is the responsibility of the P&G and his team, yet they are shouting extortion and looking up for Quick Response Unit.

The DCO and his/her IPOs manages themselves at the DCB, no provision for writing materials and transport fares.

Case Files, Statement forms, Bail Bonds, and other stationeries are bought by IPOs....in this case they have no option than to obtain these logistics from the complainant and risk being termed the bad eggs.
Or use their meager salary to fund the investigation.

Transfer everyday and no allowance nor vehicle to convey the Officers and men yet the police authority don't care where the transferee will put his/her head before settling down in the new place. Yet, they are shouting ineffectiveness.

When deployed to the northeast for special operations, they will have to transport themselves while their colleagues from other sister agencies are well taken care of.

How do you give a hungry man without decent accommodation and allowance AK47 to work?

Is that not a suicide mission?

even the inspector general of police (IGP) earns lesser salary amongst his equals.

I no am not the spokesperson for the police, one thing I no for sure is that the society has a way of moulding or influencing our behaviors.

for instance the same Nigeria police that is termed most corrupt,still perform better than their peers when on foreign mission.

why because they are being properly taken care of according to UN standard.

Now exchange a US, UK and Nigeria police, you'll see that Nigeria police will perform better when in the US because of society.

Government should look into the welfare of police for them to perform effectively.

Considering the above mentioned claims, it wouldn't be out of place to deduce that government is largely to be blamed for the corruption in the Nigeria police.

Police is your friend, Help the police to serve you better.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria police .

#Proudpoliceman

#GallantMopol

#SergeantOscar

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Holds Bilateral Talks With Namibian President In Abuja / Governorship Aspirant And Nollywood Actor Yul Edochie Appointed SSA By Obiano / Ekiti Election: What Fayemi’s Victory Means – NIM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.