Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format (26379 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
I am reminded of Fela's zombie, reading some of the responses here, I am not surprised on bit. You can't teach folks who are unwilling to learn, it just doesn't work.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
tudor i go like know u. . . . .

do u facebook?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by K2: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
@OP, If you are struggling to pay just 10% to God, it's either out of ignorance, or something is really wrong or you've not genuinely surrendered your life to Christ. What's 10% of your money when what God demands from every Christian is far greater? We all know that God doesn't not need our money to survive but it's a concept He's trying to teach us. Are we able to trust Him to supply all our needs based on 90% that we keep? Are we able to give our all to Him? Giving 10% is nothing. In fact, tithe is just the floor level. Read your Bible very very well. Examine the giving life of Abraham- study why God said He'd truly bless him; Study about Solomon-read what made God to appear to him and promise him great riches; Study-David. Also study when they were to build the tabernacle and the people gave so much that Moses had to tell them to stop giving. The reason I'm saying study is that it's possible just to browse the Bible and not get inspiration. Likewise, look at the New Testament. God gave all, "His only begotten Son". Look at the Apostles in the early church. The bible said each sold whatever they had and laid it at the apostles' feet. Now tell me which is more all or 10%? Let me also shock you, in refrence to your saying about waiting for God in an extraordinary way to personally minister to you before you start tithing, there are some things that God wouldn't minister personally to you when He's already sending someone to you or making avenue for you to know and practise them. Examples abound in the Bible of this.
Being born again is easy but the cost of discipleship, a responsible member of the body of Christ is very very high. I submit to you that you cannot die for Christ's work or sacrifice to His cause if 10% (floor level) is a big deal to you.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KennyG6(m): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
Tudór:

But ye said, Wherein shall we return? Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation." (Malachi 3:7-9).

did you ever read this verse before?

Can you pls produce the ORIGINAl ORDINANCES as given by god showing how tithe should be paid, why it should be paid, who its meant for and what it should be used for and compare with what is being preached today.
O trust me I've read it since forever, I guess the issue here is "Faith". The just shall live by faith, I dont need any pastor to cajole me to give 10% of my income, I do it willingly and with joy it will be hard for anyone who does not believe in God to give N50 to the okada man to take him to church let alone give offering or tithe. At the end of the day its all about what God is to you,
So as long as he means nothing to you tithing would be akin to extortion in your eyes,
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by wazobiang: 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2010
is tithe not between the man and his God?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2010
tosinaded@:

am sorry but any1 who is a christian should know that tithing is in the bible!

to those labelling pastor's as rogues, the fact that u dnt biliv in christianity. . .  .dsnt mean that its not real! and it dsnt mean that it dsnt exist. . . . . .
its better to keep mute on things like this!

yes. . . And stoning disobedient children is IN THE BIBLE,

Sending your menstruating wife to go live in the bush until after her period because shez ''unclean'' is also IN THE BIBLE,

I wonder why your parents didnt stone you for disobedience or why your mother wasnt sent to the bush to live because of her ''unclean'' menstration since THEY ARE ALL IN THE BIBLE.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tpiah: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN PLZ EXIT THE THREAD AND STOP MAKING AN A[i]S[/i]S OF YOURSELF
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2010
Tudor . . . . . bilief in God that we cant see is a level of faith!
this religion thing is all about how strong ur bilief is or the extent to which u decide to bileve thins that humans cant explain!

i understand u. . . . . u just dnt feel u should go further on wut to bilieve anymore! Nothing looks real, cos we are humans!
But the fact that u dnt biliv, dsnt mean that those who choose to bilieve more are fools
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kenny_G:

O trust me I've read it since forever, I guess the issue here is "Faith". The just shall live by faith, I dont need any pastor to cajole me to give 10% of my income, I do it willingly and with joy it will be hard for anyone who does not believe in God to give N50 to the okada man to take him to church let alone give offering or tithe. At the end of the day its all about what God is to you,
So as long as he means nothing to you tithing would be akin to extortion in your eyes,
Mr man, I dont care if you willingly sacrifice your son in the name of tithe, what I'm against is like one poster who said ''you are cursed if you dont pay tithe i.e 10% of your salary to pastor'',

I asked for a quote in the bible that says so, you brought malachi. Which made clear refrence to ''god's own ordinance''. I then requested that you show me gods original instruction about tithe and what it entails. You then come at me with ''faith''?

Dont deceive yourself. . . .rather that ''faith'' I think you're dealing with ''FEAR''. Most people who pay tithe do it out of fear of ''the curse'' which rogues like Adeboye help propagate.

When you use fear or intimidation to obtain money from people THAT IS THIEVRY. Adeboye is a criminal, same goes for those bling bling idiots like Oyedepo.

Tithing is NOT an obligation. For it to be taught as that is both criminal and wicked.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by indie22(f): 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
I dont have any problem with people paying tithes to churches, its really about what you believe in,  personally I dont believe in paying tithes to churches (since they are already running a successful business) i rather give my tithe to orphanages or the less priviledged.

Or better still spend it on whatever my heart desires and dance and sing praises to God whilst, as it says in Deutoronomy  chapter 14: verse 22-26.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2010
K2,  I don't believe in paying tithes to Churches/Pastors,

The objective of this thread was to find out why folks have to be called out to present their tithes and get special prayers, This is not another attempt at delving into the orbit of tithes.

I don't need to tell folks how much I give and it is not their business anyway, giving should be between the giver and God. I don't even like "thank you" when I give because it is not for the person but God, folks are free to do whatever with their resources and no one is questioning that at all.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KennyG6(m): 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
Tudór:

Mr man, I dont care if you willingly sacrifice your son in the name of tithe, what I'm against is like one poster who said ''you are cursed if you dont pay tithe i.e 10% of your salary to pastor'',
I asked for a quote in the bible that says so, you brought malachi. Which made clear refrence to ''god's own ordinance''. I then requested that you show me gods original instruction about tithe and what it entails. You then come at me with ''faith''?
Dont deceive yourself. . . .rather that ''faith'' I think you're dealing with ''FEAR''. Most people who pay tithe do it out of fear of ''the curse'' which rogues like Adeboye help propagate.
When you use fear or intimidation to obtain money from people THAT IS THIEVRY. Adeboye is a criminal, same goes for those bling bling idiots like Oyedepo.
Tithing is NOT an obligation. For it to be taught as that is both criminal and wicked.
"Malachi 3:10"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
Leviticus 27: 30&32 "'Thus all the tithe of the land, of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S; it is holy to the LORD"
What other biblical refernce do you need when its obvious you have no regard for God's ordinance,
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2010
tudor u neva ans my question o. . . . .
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 1:35pm On Jun 10, 2010
tosin, you be Christian wey still dey fornicate?

Tudor is MALE ok

Na wa for WAEC cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by coolsegun(m): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2010
Pls let us be careful with our comment. I'm out of here.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2010
tosin, you be Christian wey still dey fornicate?

Tudor is MALE ok    

Na wa for WAEC

see as u just dey judge. . . . na wa o!
wetin fornication take do with knowing sum1?
i tire for nairaland. . . . .
out off the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh. . . . . . .ure guilty of wut ure accusing me off!

i just need to know who this tudor is, his/her biliefs and perception abt religion!!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2010
tosinaded@:

tudor u neva ans my question o. . . . .
wat question? I dont understand.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kenny_G:

"Malachi 3:10"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
Leviticus 27: 30&32 "'Thus all the tithe of the land, of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S; it is holy to the LORD"
What other biblical refernce do you need when its obvious you have no regard for God's ordinance,

Mr, this doesnt quite kill it.

Incase you missed it, here is what i asked in bold
Tudór:

But ye said, Wherein shall we return? Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation." (Malachi 3:7-9).

did you ever read this verse before?

Can you pls produce the ORIGINAl ORDINANCES as given by god showing how tithe should be paid, why it should be paid, who its meant for and what it should be used for and compare with what is being preached today.

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by bigbish: 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2010
RCCG is a 419 organisation.

for u to prove otherwise provide the following evidences

1-where it is stated in the bilble that we should  pay tax ?
2-where it is stated to be 10%?
3-where it stated that it must be given to pastors?

if you can not answer the above questions then you are blinded by their deception,
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by debest1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2010
whose money is it anyway? if people chose to pay tithe its their choice now, who are you to question how people choose to spend their money. Why not go and hassle people who choose to spend their money on drugs/alcohol/prostitutes?

WHAT PEOPLE DO WITH THEIR MONEY IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!! EVEN IF THEY GIVE IT TO PASTORS,
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by bigbish: 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2010

1-where it is stated in the bilble that we should pay tithe?

if you can not answer the above questions then you are blinded by their deception,
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2010

1-where it is stated in the bilble that we should  pay tax ?

if you can not answer the above questions then you are blinded by their deception

this is wut happens wen u talk abt wut u know nothing off!

do u pay tax to ur church? where did u get that from?

as for the 10%. .  .go buy a bible and stop being ignorant, unless u dnt biliv the bible. . . it says a tenth!

wwho gives tithes to pastors? do u give ur tithes to pastors or to ur church?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by K2: 2:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
ogajim:

K2,  I don't believe in paying tithes to Churches/Pastors,

The objective of this thread was to find out why folks have to be called out to present their tithes and get special prayers, This is not another attempt at delving into the orbit of tithes.

I don't need to tell folks how much I give and it is not their business anyway, giving should be between the giver and God. I don't even like "thank you" when I give because it is not for the person but God, folks are free to do whatever with their resources and no one is questioning that at all.

They are all related. If you have truly surrendered your life to Christ, you'd have no problem paying tithes; if you have no problem paying tithes, you shouldn't have problems coming out to present your tithes.  The question is have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord (this is key) and Savior and relinquish the ownership of you life to Him? If you have skipped this first step which is the foundation, you'd have a very hard time and even struggle with duties and obligations of a Christian; you’d only pick and choose what to follow both from the Bible and from what comes out from the preacher. That’s why I said for a Christian 10% is nothing because what God demands is our all.  On the other hand, why attend a church if you don't believe in their doctrines or practice?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by KunleOshob(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Tosin
Go and read God's original instruction on tithing in deut 14:22-29 and compare it to the fraud that is being interpreted to mean tithes in our churches today. That aside hebrews 7:5-18 makes it clear that tithing as been anulled for christians.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2010
K2:

@OP, If you are struggling to pay just 10% to God, it's either out of ignorance, or something is really wrong or you've not genuinely surrendered your life to Christ. What's 10% of your money when what God demands from every Christian is far greater? We all know that God doesn't not need our money to survive but it's a concept He's trying to teach us. Are we able to trust Him to supply all our needs based on 90% that we keep? Are we able to give our all to Him? Giving 10% is nothing. In fact, tithe is just the floor level. Read your Bible very very well. Examine the giving life of Abraham- study why God said He'd truly bless him; Study about Solomon-read what made God to appear to him and promise him great riches; Study-David. Also study when they were to build the tabernacle and the people gave so much that Moses had to tell them to stop giving. The reason I'm saying study is that it's possible just to browse the Bible and not get inspiration. Likewise, look at the New Testament. God gave all, "His only begotten Son". Look at the Apostles in the early church. The bible said each sold whatever they had and laid it at the apostles' feet. Now tell me which is more all or 10%? Let me also shock you, in refrence to your saying about waiting for God in an extraordinary way to personally minister to you before you start tithing, there are some things that God wouldn't minister personally to you when He's already sending someone to you or making avenue for you to know and practise them. Examples abound in the Bible of this.
Being born again is easy but the cost of discipleship, a responsible member of the body of Christ is very very high. I submit to you that you cannot die for Christ's work or sacrifice to His cause if 10% (floor level) is a big deal to you.
all these is just useless rhetoric used to blackmail sincere christians. . . . Oh, if you cant give 10% percent all the time then you cant possibly love god. This IS A LIE.

A man gives offerings every sunday, pays first fruit, give prophet seed, pays building offering, donates for pastors welfare, gives to the poor, helps widows and orphans BUT as long he doesnt give 10% of his dough to pastor all these are in vain , as he doesnt 'love'' God and is therefore ''cursed''. . . . You are all THIEVes.

The instruction is GIVE and it shall be given unto you NOT ''give 10% and it shall be given unto you''. Where is it written that god blesses you based on the 10% that you give?

You are supposed to give based on the promptings of the holy spirit or out of the abundance of your heart, be it 10, 5, 50, or 133%.

To teach that there is a CUMPULSORY levy by god of 10% is unbiblical and criminal.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Tudor6(f): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
tosinaded@:

this is wut happens wen u talk abt wut u know nothing off!

do u pay tax to your church? where did u get that from?

as for the 10%. .  .go buy a bible and stop being ignorant, unless u dnt biliv the bible. . . it says a tenth!

wwho gives tithes to pastors? do u give your tithes to pastors or to your church?
read your own copy of the bible and find out the following

A tenth OF WHAT EXACTLY?

A tenth TO WHOM?

A tenth FOR WHY?

A tenth FOR TO BE USED FOR WHAT?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by mojounited(m): 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2010
« #52 on: Today at 02:02:42 PM »

1-where it is stated in the bilble that we should pay tithe?

@bigbish

I may not have the answer to your Q number 2 however, I urge you to go read the whole of Numbers, Chapter 18 (it has about 32 verses) for answers to Qs 1 and 3, with proper understanding - there you shall find the answers you seek. see the link below

http://www.bartleby.com/108/04/18.html
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tosinaded(m): 2:44pm On Jun 10, 2010
kunleOshob

na disannulling me i see for my own bible!

Tudor

wetin u dey argue sef?  go read the bible and check. . . . no dey ask me jamb question for here!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by slap1(m): 3:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
My heart beats faster and goose bumps takes over my body as I read some replies on this topic. Is it not better for the uninformed to keep quiet than to bring down curse upon themselves?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2010
I don't want to call these folks out as "baby Christians" because Christianity is not about age or status (though in Nigeria, they seem to have carried "Alaye father" into Chritianity as well)

Anyone that preaches tithes is the one robbing you, you can pay if you want but know that God doesn't need your money. If your "Church" is too big to be maintained by regular OFFERINGS, you need to downsize because MANY ARE CALLED, FEW ARE CHOSEN.

The Earth is God's FOOTSTOOL, if you don't eat crumbs, why must you infer that God in all his glory requires a tenth of your income? While we are on the subject, please show us where TENT makers, Carpenters, Fishermen, etc paid a tenth in the Bible.

No one should question how you disburse your resources but don't try to teach us nonsense by saying God requires it, God does not live in Temples/Tabernacles built with human hands. He DWELLS/LIVES in the Christian who is the Temple of God.

I wonder if any of you have Children and if so do you ask for a tenth of the allowance you give them weekly? They should pay to show TRUST in you now, tell them that and see if they don't call grandma or grandpa to let them know of daddy's "illness" cheesy

If you have to announce your Christianity, you have loads of work to do, be like Barean Christians and "test every spirit" and verify what they teach instead of follow follow like a herd.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by seeker(m): 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
I'm going to enjoy this.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
tosinaded@:

kunleOshob

na disannulling me i see for my own bible!

Tudor

wetin u dey argue sef?  go read the bible and check. . . . no dey ask me jamb question for here!

What does it mean to "Disannul"

This should show the state of education in Nigeria today wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome's Mother And Benny Hinn On The Altar (Photos, Video) / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.