Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format (26401 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / MAGNIFICENT: The New RCCG 12 Million Capacity Auditorium (photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Image123(m): 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2010
^
The above misquote is any lie from the devil. Where is peter and where is paul? All these talk is just exhibition of the spirit of lucifer the proud. As usual you've simply picked what seems to suit you from scripture. You have no idea what it means to be a man after God's heart, how could you? You can't teach a dog to fly, the best he could try is to be a mascot bird. Sure he looks like a bird, he does look like a bird.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 12:05am On Jun 30, 2010
^^^ Image123, you can do better than that now my friend , following your logic, Paul had no BUSINESS CORRECTING Peter (who was 2 IC, Did you notice he was always the 1st Apostle/Disciple mentioned? )

Server God only and test every spirit to make sure it is of GOD.

Shalom.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Image123(m): 7:45am On Jun 30, 2010
following your
logic, Paul had no
BUSINESS CORRECTING
Peter
No, the logic is that not anybody could talk anyhow to Peter of his own, but somebody of the status of Paul. In God's house, everything is done decently and in ORDER. Just like in a family, if the 'head' does wrong, it's not necessarily every harry that can correct him. plus the way A can correct him is different from the way B can correct him. A faceless graceless figure cannot correct leaders as if he's correcting his househelp at home. That's the context who's peter and who's paul.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 11:07am On Jun 30, 2010
^^So what you're saying is that as a Christian that has accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, some other guy is higher than you in the lord because he goes by Bishop, GS, GO, Prophet, etc?

Yes the body of Christ should have "elders" but we only have one HIGH PRIEST since we are all in the ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, people have changed the way it was originally intended to suit their aims, I don't know about you but I don't follow blindly and hope they know what they're doing.

Jesus Christ set the standard and anything contrary can't be for his glory, the devil is the prince of this World and you think the "Church" is immune to his influences? Test every Spirit my friend to make sure it is of Jesus and for HIS GLORY.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Doptimist2: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^ Your presumptuous mind wont even allow any thing spoken by your opponent to stand even if he's making a point.

^^So what you're saying is that as a Christian that has accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, some other guy is higher than you in the lord because he goes by Bishop, GS, GO, Prophet, etc?

Yes the body of Christ should have "elders" but we only have one HIGH PRIEST since we are all in the ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, people have changed the way it was originally intended to suit their aims, I don't know about you but I don't follow blindly and hope they know what they're doing.

Image123 was making a point which you didn't even want to look at before punching the reply button and even after you had seen the point he made and recognized the fact that this is hierarchy in the church, you still don't seem to agree.

Are GOs, Pastors, Bishops, etc not regarded as elders in the church? Are they not appointed by God to take responsibility of the workings and programs of the church? As Glittering as the fact is you still seem not to see.

Who was Peter and Who was Paul? Can you just wake up from sleep and head to your president's office to go and correct him on what he not doing right?

As I said earlier, If you really want to be heard on this issue and probably 'force' them to change and stop defrauding their members of their 'hard earned money' (since they got it with their effort and not of GOd's), go put it up in the constitution and set up enforcement committee to checkmate the defaulters. How about that,
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2010
Image123:

^
The above misquote is any lie from the devil. Where is peter and where is paul? All these talk is just exhibition of the spirit of lucifer the proud. As usual you've simply picked what seems to suit you from scripture. You have no idea what it means to be a man after God's heart, how could you? You can't teach a dog to fly, the best he could try is to be a mascot bird. Sure he looks like a bird, he does look like a bird.

Another emotional defence based on love for MOG (and their cash and position before men) not God! No scriptural backing, just vague allusions to some supposed scriptural backing. And where does Lucifer the "proud" come into the matter?   man after God's heart? is that why they fleece the flock (i.e. as God fleeces His children?). Dog, Bird, Mascot?  shocked What of lion and elephant? and "snake in the monkey shadow"?

Truth - Peter in those days was "the Man" - next "seemingly" to Jesus and named Cephas, the Rock on which the Church was built. Yet Paul, who never met Jesus and was converted long after Peter had started converting 3, 000 people AT ONCE and performing huge miracles; decided Peter did wrong and took it upon himself to correct Peter.

BECAUSE Peter truly had the Spirit of God, he looked at the matter, not at Paul and he accepted the error was his! That is the fact and it happened only because Peter had the Spirit of truth in him.

Do you/your MOGs?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^ D-Optimist has failed to recognize the fact that the "Church" was supposed/intended to be headed by a committee of elders not just a CEO kind of "leaders" they have today. You find it even in the local Church where an ambitious Pastor fills the " finance" committee with folks who are basically yes men and then turns around and tell you "nothing is done by me alone, the finance committee came up with the idea", accept it dude, it is pure BUSINESS the way they run it now.

The office of the President is now the same as that of a "GO, GS, Prophet? Remember my last post about the devil being in charge in this World? You probably need to educate your self more about some of these things to be in a better position to engage don't you think?

Is that the same way you treat elections in Nigeria and see where that has gotten the country? The Bible is our CONSTITUTION and Jesus Christ our one and ONLY leader. You can have others if it pleases you, God bless you.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Doptimist2: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^
^^^ [s]D-Optimist has failed to recognize the fact[/s] that the "Church" was supposed/intended to be headed by a committee of elders not just a CEO kind of "leaders" they have today.

I like the one on green character. Try more.

You find it even in the local Church where an ambitious Pastor fills the " finance" committee with folks who are basically yes men and then turns around and tell you "nothing is done by me alone, the finance committee came up with the idea", accept it dude, it is pure BUSINESS the way they run it now.

You are just trying to interpolate here, don't you think so?

The Bible is our CONSTITUTION and Jesus Christ our one and ONLY leader.

So is this how he ran his Ministry while on earth? No! Go out there and do as he did, confront those in your question and stop hiding under NL to attack fellow brethren.

I still say to you, do you best and leave the rest to God since you can't damn your fears and approach them one on one.

God Bless
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 4:49pm On Jun 30, 2010
D-optimist:

^^^
I like the one on green character. Try more.

You are just trying to interpolate here, don't you think so?

So is this how he ran his Ministry while on earth? No! Go out there and do as he did, confront those in your question and stop hiding under NL to attack fellow brethren.

I still say to you, do you best and leave the rest to God since you can't damn your fears and approach them one on one.

God Bless

Fear a fellow man? Are you nuts? It shows you didn't read up on the entire thread before jumping in, if you did you would have seen where I indicated I asked them and the explanation I received. The reason for this post was simply to see if that's what goes on in other Churches.

Are you a Pastor or on the TAKE?
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 8:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
Where the watchmen at? Ah o ma se ooo

Its a dirty task alright but someone has to say/do it . . .

These watchmen (e.g. Nuclearboy, Ogajim etc) are not blind: they are all not ignorant (i.e. not without knowledge)

they all are not mute dogs that cannot bark;

they arent jonesying, dreaming, lying down or loving to slumber
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2010
To whom the crown fit, let him/her wear it

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Whats the use of a sheep's clothing when the shepherd's clothes is there . . .

[img]http://www.reverendfun.com/add_toon_info.php?date=20080728&language=en[/img]
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 9:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
e36991:

The problem with these blowhards is that they are totally sold out to hope. Their hope is that one day, it will be their turn for the MOGs' anointing to cause a miracle to happen in their lives. This translates to fear -

[1] fear that they may offend the MOG and thus, lose the "prophet's reward". Meanwhile, simpleton me thinks Christ's rewards outweighs prophet's rewards.
[2] fear that they may be wrong and we may be right - strike the thought at all costs so they defend against "chei, my hope is hopeless"
[3] fear that they may truly actually be required to do something by themselves. Its so much easier to ride on another's back
[4] fear that all they've insisted on believing for so long is wrong. What is worse than realising you've been deluding yourself for 10 years? I KNOW - it is realising you've been deluding yourself for 15 years (5 years after you first saw proof)  grin

Thats what happened with the mob who welcomed Jesus to town - HERE was finally the ONE who would save them from Rome. Two days later, it dawned on them it wasn't THAT KIND of "save" and by the third day, they blamed Him and brayed for His blood. Donkeys then and still donkeys now: BUT Balaam's donkey would have kicked me if it heard me compare it to them  wink
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by eyzhvntsn: 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

BUT Balaam's donkey would have kicked me if it heard me compare it to them  wink

Hehehe, funny image
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
nuclearboy:

. . .  problem with these blowhards is that they are totally sold out to hope.

Their hope is that one day, it will be their turn for the MOGs' anointing to cause a miracle to happen in their lives.

This translates to fear -

[1] fear that they may offend the MOG and thus, lose the "prophet's reward". Meanwhile, simpleton me thinks Christ's rewards outweighs prophet's rewards.
[2] fear that they may be wrong and we may be right - strike the thought at all costs so they defend against "chei, my hope is hopeless"
[3] fear that they may truly actually be required to do something by themselves. Its so much easier to ride on another's back
[4] fear that all they've insisted on believing for so long is wrong. What is worse than realising you've been deluding yourself for 10 years? I KNOW - it is realising you've been deluding yourself for 15 years (5 years after you first saw proof)  grin

Thats what happened with the mob who welcomed Jesus to town - HERE was finally the ONE who would save them from Rome.

Two days later, it dawned on them it wasn't THAT KIND of "save" and by the third day, they blamed Him and brayed for His blood.

Donkeys then and still donkeys now:

BUT Balaam's donkey would have kicked me if it heard me compare it to them  wink

@^^

[img]http://www.reverendfun.com/add_toon_info.php?date=20080825&language=en[/img]
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by aletheia(m): 10:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
Funny about Balaam and the donkey. That was the image that came to mind when I saw this:
Image123:

No, the logic is that not anybody could talk anyhow to Peter of his own, but somebody of the status of Paul. In God's house, everything is done decently and in ORDER. Just like in a family, if the 'head' does wrong, it's not necessarily every harry that can correct him. plus the way A can correct him is different from the way B can correct him. A faceless graceless figure cannot correct leaders as if he's correcting his househelp at home. That's the context who's peter and who's paul.
Wanted to say Balaam was rebuked by (of all things) a donkey!
2 Peter 2:15-16 Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing, (16) but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet's madness.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2010
aletheia:

Funny about Balaam and the donkey. That was the image that came to mind when I saw this:

Quote from: Image123 on 30th June 2010 at 07:45:27 AM
No, the logic is that not anybody could talk anyhow to Peter of his own, but somebody of the status of Paul.
In God's house, everything is done decently and in ORDER.
Just like in a family, if the 'head' does wrong, it's not necessarily every harry that can correct him.
Plus the way A can correct him is different from the way B can correct him.
A faceless graceless figure cannot correct leaders as if he's correcting his househelp at home.
That's the context who's peter and who's paul.

aletheia:

Wanted to say Balaam was rebuked by (of all things) a donkey!

Quote from: 2 Peter 2:15-16
15Forsaking the right way, they have gone astray. They have followed the way of Balaam, the son of Beor, who loved gain from wrongdoing,

16but was rebuked for his own transgression; a speechless donkey spoke with human voice and restrained the prophet's madness.

@^^^

Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by aletheia(m): 11:54pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^^Hilarious. ROTFLOL
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by nuclearboy(m): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2010
DONKEY (don't make me spell out your name) :

we're waiting for your side of the story  grin looks around afraid balaams donkey is galloping hard towards me to kick me for comparing it to "_ _ _ _ _ Bleep"

Meanwhile 2 Peter 2:15 & 16 show God at work whist the ramblings we see here show the fruits of dead trees. Whist God uses the simple and the little, our people expect Angels to show up. As I once said on this forum, God knows the public relations departments of these people would turn Angelic appearances into a fiasco so He uses the simple to confound them and show them light.

Much like Peter, Stephen showing light to the Pharisees
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2010
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2010
^^^ Donkey on a talk show, hilarious!
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2010
ogajim:

^^^ Donkey on a talk show, hilarious!

@^^^

[img]http://www.reverendfun.com/add_toon_info.php?date=19981007&language=en[/img]
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Doptimist2: 12:36pm On Jul 02, 2010
Fear a fellow man? Are you nuts? It shows you didn't read up on the entire thread before jumping in, if you did you would have seen where I indicated I asked them and the explanation I received. The reason for this post was simply to see if that's what goes on in other Churches.

Are you a Pastor or on the TAKE?

@ Ogajim

I should be the one asking you that question you asked on bold cos I've said that over and over again.

you would have seen where I indicated I asked them and the explanation I received. The reason for this post was simply to see if that's what goes on in other Churches.

So why did you join in the interpolation of 'tithe not being for the Christians'? Why didn't you resign from it and concentrate on the your topic. All you wanted was not just for people to see the Format RCCG gets their tithe but to nail Pro-tithes and their followers to your devious cross.lol
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2010
D-optimist:

@ Ogajim

I should be the one asking you that question you asked on bold cos I've said that over and over again.

So why did you join in the interpolation of 'tithe not being for the Christians'? Why didn't you resign from it and concentrate on the your topic. All you wanted was not just for people to see the Format RCCG gets their tithe but to nail Pro-tithes and their followers to your devious cross.lol

We don't use "devious cross" in my culture or the one that I've been part of over the last several years! "Resign from it, " is this some kind of BOARD that I appointed myself or was appointed to?

D-optimist: pay your tithe if you want, I don't believe in the way it is preached in most "hungry" Churches or the way some folks pony up because they have been made to believe they are "stealing from God" if they don't pay where there's nowhere the Bible said so. I think FREEWILL GIVING (from the HEART, as the Spirit directs)is the main point Jesus Christ, Apostle Paul, etc emphasized in their ministries not bondage kind of giving being P*I*M*P*E*D today in most Nigerian and some American Churches.

Shalom.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by Doptimist2: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2010
We don't use "devious cross" in my culture or the one that I've been part of over the last several years! "Resign from it, " is this some kind of BOARD that I appointed myself or was appointed to?

Tell me if you need explanation on any of those words used there.

Thank you for accepting to concentrate on what you know and do same, not to keep on attacking pro-tithers. Let God be the Judge!!!

May God help you.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by e36991: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2010
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by ogajim(m): 1:33pm On Jul 06, 2010
^^^ Nice one
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by tonya3(m): 7:14pm On May 12, 2011
Ok boy what are you doing in the church if u dont believe in the doctrine. Go to a church u believe in their doctrine. The motive behind a decision really matter. If you Pastor can not answer ur question go to the provicial pastor. Am sure some1 will give a response that will satisfy you.
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by sylvok: 6:16am On Jul 16, 2013
tosinaded@:
am sorry but if ure a christian and u find tithe payn difficult. . . . . then y u a christian?
No be the same Bible we dey read?

The biblical thing is to pay ur damn tithe simple. . . . . . 10% of wut u earn!
some pay it weekly, some monthly!
how the church chooses to collect it is not my business!

if ure a christian that believes the bible, u should know that ure robbing God and robbing urself indirectly!

simple
It is typically fraud to pay tithe. No chrustian ever paid tithe in the bible. it was only those in judaism that pay tithe. peter, paul, all the apostles, from mathew to revelation where did any christain pay tithe? people are being subjugated into a forced law of tithe paying when they have been set free from such laws. we need to wake up. tithe is fraud, scam and corruption. QED
Re: New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format by BermudaTriangle(m): 2:52am On Feb 04, 2017
ogajim:
^^^Tithe as preached for Christians is a SCAM and when you employ tactics to try to "shame" folks into this unholy crowd pleasing antics.

You need to "read and assimilate the Bible" to discover this scam or else, you will just roll with the herd instead of "working on our own Salvation with fear and trembling"

Tithe is NOT a scam but should be voluntary and not coerced as practised in penticostal churches. They popularised made it almost as the only reason for which you go to church.
In some of these popular churches, people openly boast themselves as being "Tithers".

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donates Ambulance To Israel / No Prophet Married Only One Wife In The Bible - Olatosho Oshoffa / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.