Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m (5111 Views)

Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m / Bayelsa Governor Hires World’s Most Ruthless Hackers For N100M To Hack Computers / Buhari Endorses Akinwunmi Adesina For African Development Bank Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by AloyEmeka5: 2:46am On Jun 09, 2010
Battered wife sues Deji of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, for N100m
By Yemi Akintomide, Correspondent, Akure

Bolanle, the battered wife of the Deji of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, on Monday filed a lawsuit against him demanding N100 million as damages for defamation of character.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/8/401.html

She asked the Akure High Court through her lawyer, Olatunbosun Aganun, for a declaration that her two children, Adegboyega and Adesimbo, are the biological offspring of Adesina.

She requested an order for a written public apology from Adesina to be published in at least three national newspapers and aired on at least two electronic media.

Bolanle also wants a perpetual injunction restraining him, his agents, privies or servants from further defaming her.

However, the Ondo State Government on Monday restated its commitment to the rule of law and the separation of powers over the Deji stool.

A statement issued by Information Commissioner, Ranti Akerele, said the government is guided by its firm belief in the sanctity of the laws of the land.

“When (Adesina) had a problem with his chiefs a while ago, the Governor (Segun Mimiko) intervened not because he had any vested interest but because the provisions of the law were not adhered to,” he explained.

“We had no alternative than to halt the flawed process then, as it was already being misinterpreted in other communities as a lack of spine and credibility to avert a breakdown of order.

“In the present circumstance, the government cannot without due recourse to laid down procedure visit any punitive action on (Adesina).

“Nevertheless, the government on the receipt of a notice detailing infractions of the law by (Adesina) has set in motion the process of investigating, ascertaining, and deciding on what to do to an errant Oba.”

Akerele reiterated that a query was issued to Adesina by the requisite authority last week and he has until Wednesday to respond.

“Until then, the government, as a responsible one committed to democratic norms, will only expect the understanding of all parties and their full cooperation.

“It will be an abuse of all known and accepted norms to reduce the fundamental issues involved in the case of (Adesina) and his wife to trial on the pages of newspapers.

“They touch on the deep values that we hold dear as a people and so must be handled with a clear focus of getting justice: justice to the victim, justice to the abused, and justice to the society.”

Akerele said the government will not submit to blackmail or hysteria and will be guided by the law.

But, prominent indigenes of Akure under the aegis of Akure Community Development Forum (ACDF) and Akure Inner Circle (AIC), on Sunday resolved at a meeting at the residence of Afenifere leader, Reuben Fasoranti, that government must depose Adesina.

They asked the kingmakers to begin the process of electing a new Deji, recounting that efforts to save the neck of Adesina have been truncated by his latest conduct.

Those who signed the resolution included Fasoranti, Olu Falae, Dayo Faloye, Femi Adekanye, Sanya Oyinsan, Luyi Rotimi, Dare Aguda, Victoria Adubuole, Sule Olufemi, and Akeem Akorede, the Chief Imam of Akure.
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by milkan05(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2010
good. angry stupid deji.
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by spikedcylinder: 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
But she has a bad temper na. I think he mentioned something about body odour too. She deserved to be beat mercilessly by the Almighty oba and his cohorts. undecided
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by skfa1: 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
Good Job
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by otukpo(f): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
N100m only? for her burnt skin?
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by oisehumen(m): 1:10pm On Jun 09, 2010
spikedcylinder:

But she has a bad temper na. I think he mentioned something about body odour too. She deserved to be beat mercilessly by the Almighty oba and his cohorts. undecided

Na wa ooo. Very easy to spot a wife-beater.  grin grin grin
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by bisiaet: 1:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
Poster spykcylinder
But she has a bad temper na. I think he mentioned something about body odour too. She deserved to be beat mercilessly by the Almighty oba and his cohorts.

Mr Spykecylinder are you alright?
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by bisiaet: 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2010
How I wish she is your younger sister then I will like to see smile on your face isnit?
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
bisiaet:

Poster spykcylinder
But she has a bad temper na. I think he mentioned something about body odour too. She deserved to be beat mercilessly by the Almighty oba and his cohorts.

Mr Spykecylinder are you alright?

lmao grin
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by spikedcylinder: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2010
oisehumen:

We're very easy to spot. I beat my wives and pour acid on them daily. cheesy
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by texazzpete(m): 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2010
oisehumen:

Kinda hard for a lady to be a wife-beater, mon ami!
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jun 09, 2010
^^^ maybe she' beats her husband! grin grin
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by bisiaet: 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
Some people need help I can not imagine someone in the house still support what this Obagoat did to his wife wonder shall never end.
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by Cohomology: 1:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
One for the rights of women!
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by zebra543: 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2010
what she is demanding for is ridiculous, will a written apology stop her hands from peeling?? she shouldnt be suing this monster for money she should be making sure he rots in jail for attempted murder! this is where nigerians begin to get on my nerves, will 100m turn back time?? kmt!
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by oisehumen(m): 2:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

^^^ maybe she' beats her husband!  grin  grin

Do u have any proof that that poster is a lady or women?
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by AloyEmeka5: 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
zebra543:

what she is demanding for is ridiculous, will a written apology stop her hands from peeling?? she shouldnt be suing this monster for money she should be making sure he rots in jail for attempted murder! this is where nigerians begin to get on my nerves, will 100m turn back time?? kmt!

Will apology treat her peeled skin?. She needs compensation for her pains and suffering.
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by kolaoloye(m): 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
zebra543:

I wonder o.The man should be made to pay dearly for his crime.
A leader without self control is worse than a mad man.

Now, this is my judgement: 25 years imprisonment with hard labor.
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by sherbol: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
@spikedcylinder,i dont tink u r sane atall.
do u tink dis is a forum where u just open ur large stinking mouth and say anything u like?
u nid 2 go 4 help.
is it a must dat u say somtin?
i hereby move d motion 4 ur membership 2 b deactivated on dis forum!
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by kelewa: 2:17pm On Jun 09, 2010
sherbol:

@spikedcylinder,i dont tink u r sane atall.
do u tink dis is a forum where u just open your large stinking mouth and say anything u like?
u nid 2 go 4 help.
is it a must dat u say somtin?
i hereby move d motion 4 your membership 2 b deactivated on dis forum!

@ bolded

that's a given.

because she's in nigeria, she thinks she doest have a stinking body odor.

as per the beating comment, let her [spikedcylinder] remain lesbian though that's no protection from a whoopass.

people dont know when to log off- they just continue typing and farting!

this seun just has no control over his moderators! angry A lot of them are simply useless .
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by djslam(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2010
zebra543:

iwonder o!
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by Ournaija: 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
What are  the  chiefs doing? They should go and consult Ifa to know why their son Deji  had gone insane while on the throne. As for the woman she should drag Deji before Sango for instant justice.
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by spikedcylinder: 2:31pm On Jun 09, 2010
All of you should go and drink cold water. Maybe then, you'll recognise sarcasm when you see it. grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by AloyEmeka5: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2010
Ournaija:

What are  the  chiefs doing? They should go and consult Ifa to know why their son Deji  had gone insane while on the throne. As for the women she should drag Deji before Sango for instant justice.

If Sango is that powerful, why do we have many unresolved murders and injustices in Yorubaland?
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by oisehumen(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
Sango ke? grin grin grin grin.
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by tosinaded(m): 2:36pm On Jun 09, 2010
If Sango is that powerful, why do we have many  unresolved murders and injustices in Yorubaland?

cos they were not taken to sango's shrine!

@topic
correct jare. . . . hope he goes to jail for attempted murder
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by kemisuga(f): 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
100Million shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That means this Oba is rich oooooooooooooh. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
If he withdraws 100Milla from his account, will he still survive

Anyway good for him tongue, he will learn how to be a responsible hubby.
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by AloyEmeka5: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
tosinaded@:

cos they were not taken to sango's shrine!

@topic
correct jare. . . . hope he goes to jail for attempted murder

So you must physically kidnap the criminal and transport him or her to the shrine before Sango can act?. If that is the case, why spend thousands buying rams and cows for Sango when you can take Deji to angry Akure youths who will do the same thing Sango will do for free?
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by oisehumen(m): 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2010
Can Sango kill a fly? Some people are still living in dark age.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by oisehumen(m): 2:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
Spikedcylinder, Please, are you a She or He? grin grin grin grin
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by OlayinkaL: 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
nawa o, public figures disgracing themselves. this is disgusting. a whole king what wil he tel his kindred/subject. shameless people. even if the woman is stuborn, the king shud hav exercise patience and teach her the lesson of her life inside their house, even room. they are both at fault joo. if i be their children, i go change my name immediately and renounce the two of them. they are disgrace to the throne of Deji angry
Re: Battered Wife Sues Deji Of Akure, Oluwadare Adesina, For N100m by spikedcylinder: 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
kemisuga:

100Million shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That means this Oba is rich oooooooooooooh. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
If he withdraws 100Milla from his account, will he still survive

Anyway good for him tongue, he will learn how to be a responsible hubby.

For where? He claims he married Remi Abiola for her money. Where are the riches coming from?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo Deputy Governor's Wife To Pay 12 Million For Army Officer's Beating / Ogboru Goes To Supreme Court / Independence Day Bombing Suspect Dies In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.