Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Share These Tips - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share These Tips (624 Views)

These Tips Will Help You Take Care Of Toothache When It Occurs! / Can You Share These With Your SPOUSE? / Last Longer In Bed With These Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share These Tips by femmy2010(m): 4:09am On Jun 09, 2010
I know we have many great marriages and many of people involved in many of such great marriages abound on NL.I want them to share their many secrets of a great marriage with other thread readers.We all keep learning and this would be another avenue.
Re: Share These Tips by Osama10(m): 4:12am On Jun 09, 2010
The most important attributes are Trust and Love.Every other thing falls in place.
Re: Share These Tips by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 09, 2010
I have shared my marriage experience before and i will do it again.

1. The main thing is understanding your spouse: Know the weak points and the strong points. Try and work on the weak points and strengthen the strong points. this is working in my marriage. My spouse is very enterprising. She has business acumen. She has what you cannot give to others "Recognising business opportunities". I am taking advantage of that. One of her weakpoints is that she has a volatile attitude. She picks offence at little provocations. This is were i have been working on.

2. Try as much as possible to form a transparent team work: Do not underestimate the contributions of your spouse in the family. Always appreciate her efforts. This is the foundation of financial success in my marriage. Both of us realised that we could get to any financial height irrespective of how we started. My wife know how much i earn and i know her daily sales. We have common financial targets.

3. Avoid unnecessary comparison: Don't compare your spouse to others. This is the beginning of unfaithfulness in marriage. Be happy with what you have because beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Acknowledge that you can't get all the qualities you need in a woman. When i got to realised this point, it changed my attitude towards my spouse.

4. Communication: Always share your challenges together. Avoid third party in your disagreements. This almost ruined my home until we believe in ourselves. No matter the magnitude of our arguments or disagreements, we try as much as possible to handle it on our own.

5. Trust: Always trust your spouse. This was another big problem in my home. My spouse never trusted me until she started developing High Blood Pressure. Always afraid that i will cheat on her. I took her to different marriage counselling programmes and she worked on that attitude. Since then, her Blood Pressure normalised.

6. Love: Show love and care to one another. I was not very good at this but i had to work on myself because it caused some frictions in my home. You need to show unconditional Love.

7. Endurance and Perseverance: You must show patience and perseverance for your marriage to work. There are many things i observe in my marriage which i didn't noticed during courtship. I had to be prepared to overlook some things that are not right in the home and if possible correct them instead of passing buck. Otherwise, i will be having problems in my home on daily basis. We minimise the way we pass buck. I recognised that it is an institution that i am not expected to graduate from.

8. Be prayerful: Above all, always look unto the Almighty God.
Re: Share These Tips by femmy2010(m): 10:15am On Jun 09, 2010
BigMan,
Frankly i have gained immensely from what you shared and i am sure many have too.
Lets hear more tips so that more and more cogent tips can be picked by the very many viewing Nairalanders.

(1) (Reply)

One Memorable Moment In The Family You Can Never Forget / Marriage Tips From The Experienced / What Conscience Is.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.