Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

How To Hide Your ID While Making Calls - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Hide Your ID While Making Calls (2725 Views)

Remember Those Days When Making Calls And Looking At The Clock / How To Hide Your Number On Android? / I Hate Making Calls: Am I The Only Human Who Hate This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Hide Your ID While Making Calls by Eunitwap(m): 5:21am On Jul 04, 2018
Hiding your caller ID is a great trick as it helps you to look anonym to the person you are calling. You can use the ‘Hiding Caller ID Feature’ to hide your number and the person you call will not see your number when you call.
You can use this feature to hide your number in your iPhone, Android, mobile phone or even landline. There are many ways to disable outgoing Caller ID to hide your number from appearing.

How To Block Your Number From Appearing

If you want to block only your number from appearing on a specific call, you need to type a code in front of the number you want to dial. That is to say,there are specific codes for differents countries. For exemple, in the North America , it is 67 followed by the number you want to dial.
Example: If you want to dial a number in the North America, you need to put it like this: 67 123 4567 89

But in Nigeria , it is #31# followed by the number you want to dial. Example: If you want to dial a number in Nigeria, you need to put it like this: #31# 123 456 789

For lists of codes for differents countries and regions, click here.

Hiding Your Number For A Specific Contact

If you want to hide your number for a specific contact and you don’t want them to see your number, it’s simple and very easy. Just find the disable code for your country or region and add it to their number (before the country code) in their contact information.

Hiding Your Number On iPhone

Hiding your number on an i-Phone is easier and completely different from the above mentioned steps.
To hide your number permanently from your iPhone’s settings, go to Settings -> Phone -> Show My Caller ID and toggle the switch to OFF.

Some carriers (and countries) don’t have this as an option, though, so if your iPhone either doesn’t have the option at all, or the switch is locked so that it won’t toggle, blame your carrier. If you don’t want to use these tweaks, you can also purchase this app on itunes called It’s Me ($1.99) that does the same function.

Copyright: Eunit99
Re: How To Hide Your ID While Making Calls by Jauntybaba: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
If you want to hide your number to call friends or family, you can easily do that with either dialing a code with the persons number or from call settings, here is a Step-by-step Guide On How to Hide My Phone Number When Calling Someone for free with code and settings option.

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp / The Best Gionee Android Phone In Nigeria / My Infinix Hot 3 Refused To Update To Latest Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.