Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,772 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank (20410 Views)

Salary Of A Federal Government Worker - At All Levels / Keystone Bank Entry Level Salary / KPMG Entry-Level Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by babaogun(m): 10:17am On Jun 10, 2010
lexxwiz:

NNMmm!!! My friend,i strongly recommend 1st bank, DO NOT,EVA,THINK,TOUGHT,TRY,ATEMPT Zenit as an ET, I repeat,DO NOT!

ps; Zenith pays 90,000 & 1st Bank 105,000.

U'l b shocked who told u.

Goodluck!

Can someone please assist in defining entry level?
Gone are the days of standardisation.
I believe there are folks who earn over 100k in Zenith and are tagged entry level (i mean straight from NYSC and no previous banking experience).

Also note, an offer of 90k might be more tax efficient than 105k, although, career development/ progression, access to enhanced skill acquisition, might tweak the argument in favour of First Bank

But operational efficiencies, fast track to management based on ability to secure/ close deals etc if you look at the Zenith angle.

caveat: my argument not cast  in stone
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Goldmann(m): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2010
benabbey:

Their goal is profitability at a minimal cost.

Since when did profitability at a minimal cost become a sin; i think its a worthy objective. As an entrepreneur, would u strive for profitability at a maximum cost   People at times fail to realize that the core goal of a business is to make profit and not to enrich employees.

Striking out early as an entrepreneur is an excellent thing to do but getting some work experience, exposure and professionalism in a solid corporate environment before striking out on your own could even be much better in SOME cases. The importance of aquiring strong workplace value, cultures and professional skills (from a solid institution!!!) cannot be overemphasized.

Meanwhile @ poster: i think FBN is a better option, trust me, i should know

@ Babaogun: Your entry level salary quotes are hilariously inaccurate, Please my boss is nearby, dont let me laugh my career away grin
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by OlayinkaL: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2010
smileythe two offers may even be dangerous for you and if you are confuse, just pray to your heavenly father for direction. he' the only one who can direct you aright men can only suggest but the safest is God's advice.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by emmydee(m): 11:05am On Jun 10, 2010
this poster is just pulling ur legs. she/he doesnt have d offer yet. if he/she does, definitely the salary range would have been know by him/her b4 now
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by babaogun(m): 11:09am On Jun 10, 2010
Goldmann:

@ Babaogun: Your entry level salary quotes are hilariously inaccurate, Please my boss is nearby, dont let me laugh my career away grin

I didnt give an entry level quote, i only referred to lexxwiz's quote.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 10, 2010
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by milkan05(m): 11:33am On Jun 10, 2010
To those screaming hoarse about definition of words in english. . . GET A LIFE!! I guess you are all students and don't understand the workings of employment.

Your offer letter doesn't tell what you take home. It is broken down to give you your total annual emolument. There are different schemes of deductions engaged in by both banks and hence what you take home is going to differ from offer letter.

I personally don't believe in that offer letter or pay package. . . The koko is what is my monthly stipend which is constant. After that what are my entitlements? Based on what I know about the industry. . .

FirstBank would be a better option for you right now. If it were to be way back in 2006, 2007 or 2008 I would recommend zenith but right now, even for the non-career minded dude FirstBank is a better option.

Before confirmation you get N104,000 per month as entry level in FirstBank. After confirmation you are entitled to loans and advances to the tune of 2.4m which you can use to do somfin worthwhile. . .

You do the math. I REST MY CASE
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by milkan05(m): 11:36am On Jun 10, 2010
Aqbar:

Bank employment talk= Trash talk. angry

GUY true talk. nothing like working for your own money but as the saying goes. . .

''HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN PUFF PUFF"
wink
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by insight04: 11:51am On Jun 10, 2010
As an ex-employee of FBN in Nigeria and FBN Bank UK I would advise you to go for FBN irrespective of the salary. You would learn the rudimentary baiscs of banking there to sustain your skillset for a lifetime. However, the career ladder is a very long one. The Organisational culture there is based on "gradism" (i.e grade levels). (The exception being some New-Gen staff being parachuted into Senior Managerial positions by their bosses who might have brought them over from their previous New-Gen banks).

However ,life does not end with First Bank. You need to decide to move forward after a couple of years or else you'llll stagnate there and be afraid to leave after they have committed you with all their various bank loans and advances. Funny enough,if  after leaving them and getting other banking experience and masters degree qualifications you can join FBN again at a very Senior Managerial level you'd never attain by staying there for the next 5-10yrs.

Finally,I know next to nothing about Zenith's pay structure but the debate about salary choice should not be determined by how much you'll be paid but what you do with the money after you have been paid. In other words a Zenith Bank staff on N90k a month could properly invest and achieve much more with his salary than someone in First Bank on N105k. The N15k diffrence counts for nothing as the guy on N90k could end up with a higher disposable income if he's moneywise and prudent.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by milkan05(m): 11:57am On Jun 10, 2010
insight04:

. . . . the debate about salary choice should not be determined by how much you'll be paid but what you do with the money after you have been paid. In other words a Zenith Bank staff on N90k a month could properly invest and achieve much more with his salary than someone in First Bank on N105k. The N15k diffrence counts for nothing as the guy on N90k could end up with a higher disposable income if he's moneywise and prudent.

True Talk again sha. . .But I have friends in Zenith and their spending culture is craaaaaaaazzzzyy!!!
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by OgeneDom(m): 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
u said u r servin wit FBN, hw much do dey pay corpers
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by TAILODUL(m): 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
REGARDING THE SALARIES OF FIRST BANK (105k) AND ZENITH (85K), IS THAT THE TAKE HOME PACKAGE OR WILL THERE STILL BE ANY DEDUCTIONS LIKE TAX, PENSION ETC
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by pendusky(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2010
pendusky is following this thread, lol cheesy cheesy, Nice thread on NL
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by chauder: 9:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
who says zenith pays freshers 90k, i laff in spanish, its way below that! if u doubt me go asking
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by soloqy: 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2010
agitator:

stop attacking the guy. you are misunderstanding what he meant. witty (synonyms) humorous, amusing, droll, clever, sharp.
He was pointing out how smart you are in detecting the anomaly.

I tire o, couldnt he see that he was on his side? People get so touchy and defensive in here, that they fail to recognise friendly banter.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by boolarinwa(m): 4:02am On Jun 11, 2010
Hmm, i don't knw why most of y'all kip dissin Zenith, My sis works there & as far as i'm concerned she's loving it, My sis just pray about it and i wish u all d best in Life,
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by mamman4: 8:59am On Jun 11, 2010
its not all about the salary brother, its about which of the bank u see that u can achieve your career goals at the time u planned. pray to god to assist you in choosing the most suitable option. good luck
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by SkySpirit(m): 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2010
Guy, just go 4d 1st bank. I heard from an ex staff that its 1.7m per annum!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Ziggyjoel(f): 2:01pm On Jun 11, 2010
EnI A WI FUN, OBA JE O GBO.
A FRIEND TWO YRS AGO HAD ZENITH LETTER AND FINBANK LETTER.
ZENITH: 1 YEAR PROBATION, EARN 75-85K AS ET TILL CONFIRMATION AND PROMOTION TO EA= 145K P/M.
FINBANK: GO TO TRAINING SCHOOL, 4 MONTHS, EARN 100K P/M, THEN, UPON GOOD PERFORMANE, U GET ELEVATED TO OVER 2M P/A.
HE MADE A MISTAKE OF HIS LIFE, BY TAKING ZENITH, WHAT A FOOL!!!.
SADDEST ENOF, HE IS STILL AN ET IN ZENITH AFTER 2 YRS, STILL EARNING 75-85K. DUM.B A.S.S
ROTFLMFAO

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Valo29: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
even in your dreams,don't go to zenith bank!!!!!!!i know what i'm talking about.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by Eluala(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
FBN has the highest votes for now.

@ Poster, salaries is not always the best to choose the best career. Think about job securities, [size=18pt]comfortableness, [/size] rest of mind etc.

Congrats and Best of Luck!!!

Do you really think there is a word like 'comfortableness'?

Real wahala dey for this we country according to P SQUARE.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by anonyno: 11:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
what is this gist about zenith paying 90k.i wk with zenith and i have been earning 85k for the past 2yrs 3mths with no other benefit.i mean no other.i now earn 77k as a result of the 75k upfront given me.am happy i got a job wen i needed it but i now regret eva taking the offer.zenith is a scam.am now 30 yrs.what a waste
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by ntj: 3:28am On Jun 12, 2010
Rightly said, First Bank is the ONE choice
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by chauder: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2010
all banks sell the same product so what difference does it make, my guy/sis go for better welfare, @ bolarinwa, we are talking bout entry level, am pretty sure ur sis wouldn't be loving the level if she were there. zenith ain't good for starters period!!! Start else where and join later if u so love the brand
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by monitalk: 10:24am On Jun 12, 2010
Ok
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by davsquared: 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2010
@ poster
neva knew banks are still recruiting. well as anonymo said, in zenith d old ET's get 77k. rite now dere is a new level called ET2, i think their pay is 65k or so. so if u r coming in at entry level, it may b on ET2 level. if FBN is really paying 105k, den u'd beta go for it.

wat do d offer letters u hav say anyway?
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by ojesus: 7:06am On Jun 13, 2010
if u're about 2 start NYSC & u want 2 b posted 2 a state & u want ur request included in staff request call 08095878922
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by darqly(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2010
@ kenben,comparing meatpie with kuli kuli? Lol how do u even think stuff like that up?? I'm all cracked up man. Anyway em eye- let us know when u do decide nonetheless. Cheerio lads.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by realiforj: 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2010
the best for u is fbn go for it as it will help to enhance your career in banking. For that of Zenith dont even think about it.
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by albacete(m): 11:14am On Feb 13, 2013
Eluala:

Do you really think there is a word like 'comfortableness'?

Real wahala dey for this we country according to P SQUARE.

no, na comfortancy. tongue cheesy cheesy
Re: Entry Level Salary Of Zenith Bank And First Bank by drey777: 8:20am On Jan 28, 2015
any update on this topic?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Follow This Thread For Lagos Jobs / Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job / Unicef Technical Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.