Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job (20400 Views)

Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos / In Desperate Need Of A Job / Funny Things That Can Happen In A Job Interview (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ademega(m): 8:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
DESPERATE AND FUNNY THINGS WE DO IN THE NAME OF SEARCHING FOR JOB IN NIGERIA

There are some desperate acts we engage ourselves in the course of searching for job in Nigeria, some of these acts are very funny, and death defying in nature. The fact is, through these means some had gotten their dream jobs and achieved their goals while some, in the process met their untimely death and some spent little or the rest of their lives behind bars. But the truth of the matter is, some are very rare means.

MULTIPLE DATE OF BIRTHS- : if you are privileged to see where some people kept their different birth certificates with different dates on them you will think maybe there is always a certificate each time they talk to pastors that they are “born again”. Different birth certificates with different date of births.

REASON FOR THIS: after the hurdles of WAEC/NECO, then UTME, here comes the almighty POST UTME, after these ones, the real challenge faces you. Four years is no more four again. No thanks to ASSU, SSANIP, SSANU etc. strikes .At the end of NYSC you are 28 years old. Then you see job advert requesting for 25 five years old! What do you do? you quickly get one BC that says so. The following week another says 24! You rushed down to your costumer once again. Within a year you have gotten 5 BC. After many years you are not even sure of the real one and authentic birth certificate.. lol

POSSESSION OF MULTIPLE STATES OF ORIGINS AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT CERTIFICATES –

When you see a Yoruba guy holding Mubi North local government certificate of origin and looking further to see more than 15 local governments certificates of origin from different parts of the country with them, you wonder if they are multi related in family linage. That is why in some local government’s secretariat they will screen you to your family house ancestors and do a little language test before you can be giving local government attestation.

REASON FOR THIS: No thanks to high rate of unemployment in the country which has forced state governments to give job to only their indigenes first, irrespective of your qualification, experience , grade and competence. if you Dont present your local government attestation you are most likely not to be considered for any job. Then what do you do in as much your name form a resemblance with their name in the state or local government? For instance, Ondo indigene going for the local or state government origin of Ekiti, Oyo, Osun, Kwara and vis-a-vis. At the end of the day you don’t even know where you belong.

HIDING AT POST GRADUATES HALLS UNDER THE PRETENSE OF RUNNING PG PROGRAMME.

You see thousands of unemployed graduates obtaining PG forms on yearly bases just to stay away from the house and avoid the chronic street human questioners who behaves like a heaven sent progress monitor ,asking you on daily bases “how far about job issue” without any smallest input to ways of solving them or words of encouragement . The only thing you hear when you give them their expected answer is “eyaaa this country shaa and bad government”. You see people abandon their master’s programme immediately they are able to secure a job (sometimes due to distance to their new place of work).

GOING SPIRITUAL.
You see many job searchers consulting different spiritual houses for a miracle .Miracle houses ranging from churches different from their regular place of worship at times. (You should know the kind church i am talking about), visit to Different Imams and Alfas. Some even go back to their root no matter their present religious status and sometimes carrying out “river bath” and “sacrifices to T junctions”. Often times ,you see some using "special" powder ,cream , eyes lid, wet lips ,tooth paste and pen to interviews.

TRUSTING ONCE AGAIN WELL KNOWN USELESS RELATIVES/FRIENDS FOR JOB FAVOR:
Yes, we all know him that he will never help any family members even you yourself know this. Several times you had requested for one thing or the other that is within his/her disposal but she/he refused. But this time around you want to try your luck for the last time if you will be fortunate. Then, you go there for the last time and messed you up for the second time and probably for the last time, this time around telling you different stories about your self-unknown childhood and growing up.

BEGGING PEOPLE ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO COME TO YOUR AID

Sometimes you get to see some people soliciting for employment on social media, most especially Facebook. They pity, pity and pity your condition without any solution often times.

PAYING FOR JOBS:
Many job seekers has fallen victim of job scammers under the pretense of getting them job. We can’t actually blame the unemployed because several people had gotten job through this means at one time or the other. So, we want to try our luck too, and then we go borrow or beg our parent to borrow from cooperative society for these unemployed scammers feeding on innocent mates. This is a big risk that so many unemployed had taken at one point or the other.

TRYING TRAVELLING OUT OF THE COUNTRY:
Millions of unemployed youths are getting out of Nigeria on daily basis. Just name a country where you will not find Nigerians, even war turn countries like Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Sudan are host to Nigerians. Some will tell you they are their hunting for job or schooling. They left on the fact they were unemployed. Most left this country in most barbaric and pathetic way: through morocco, down to the deadly sea en route Italy. Tens of Africans most especially Nigerians lose their lives on daily bases. Most painful is the fact that some regret ever going down after getting to know that it’s not that rosy at the other side too. Many had to face deportation after so many years of illegal stay in the country, getting them back to square one. There was this fact too that there is hardly any prison in this world that you won’t find at least a Nigerian.

Trying out crime-:
It’s very sad to see and listen to the confessions of suspected criminals blaming unemployment even before the usual devil for their satanic acts. Unemployment has led people into drugs (the case of the 4 Nigerians executed in Indonesian came to mind), armed robbery, kidnapping (the recent arrested OXL nanny is still fresh in our minds), political thuggery, e.tc. However, to me unemployment it’s no excuse.

You can add yours …

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Dioxidane: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
OP wait o, I thought the original DOB and LGA should be on the WAEC result... Can it still be changed?
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ademega(m): 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Dioxidane:
Hmmm... Lemme add my own... Change your 'desperate'... @heading...
Thanks .done
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ogwoliun: 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
That is what we called husling. If you are not strong in this country, water will sweep you away.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by KillerBeauty(f): 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
Visiting newspaper stand every morning to read all d newspaper not because of news but the search for job. They don't usually buy the papers o they just skip through all of them and go.

10 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by emitope: 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
ogwoliun:
That is what we called husling. If you are not strong in this country, water will swept you away.
water will SWEEP.....

2 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Segse(m): 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
@ Op pls I want to knw how u got ur job if u're employed....
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ademega(m): 9:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
Segse:
@ Op pls I want to knw how u got ur job if u're employed....
Bought in oh .. grin
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Segse(m): 10:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
ademega:
Bought in oh .. grin
I don't get u
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ademega(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
Segse:

I don't get u
In my buying and selling business

1 Like

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
do we blame them?

hell no,desperate situation calls for desperate measures. poverty is a jungle,only the fittest comes out alive.

1 Like

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ednut1(m): 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
gate-crashing. i remember a friend got info on NL nd gate crashed nd later got d job. over 170k salary ,fear no allow me go. d nxt week afta he got d job. me self went to gatecrash anoda coy test. dey had given me d materials for d test. till dey found out my name no dey list. i beg tire d fine hr babe was having none of it. geting to d road no keke or bus. had to trek half of agidiingbi road grin

16 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by kennynelcon(m): 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
grin disturbing HRs with emails n calls

2 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by LewisO: 11:40pm On Apr 30, 2015
Patronizing cyber-cafes like tomorrow no dey, they know all the job websites on net, unfortunately still gat no job. embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ojaydedon(m): 11:42pm On Apr 30, 2015
toh

if man no see how he do, he go do how he see...

Bt its nt good to do some tinz d op mentioned. Especial birth cert. And indigene cert.

Some people own na to the go french school.. So dat dem fit go france to further their studies.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Strongfaze(m): 11:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
Some will make God their enemy due to unemployment and its very wrong to do so. Life is turn by turn.

4 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
ednut1:
gate-crashing. i remember a friend got info on NL nd gate crashed nd later got d job. over 170k salary ,fear no allow me go. d nxt week afta he got d job. me self went to gatecrash. dey had given me d materials for d test. till dey found out my name no dey list. i beg tire d fine hr babe was having none of it. geting to d road no keke or bus. had to trek half of agidiingbi road grin

Na ur fear cause am, be fearless and u can move mountains

1 Like

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Dahjhi: 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
embarassedAll true.. #NigeriaWeHailThee
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by enaijize: 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
We are currently recruiting some excellent bloggers to join the Enaijize blog team. If you think you’re one helluva blogger, let us know by sending an email to contact@enaijize.com.

See you later!

http://enaijize.com/blog/2015/04/30/greetings-enaijizers/
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by condralbede(m): 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Are u 22yrs & above? Do u have a valid Int'l passport?
Can u speak English & any other language? Are u looking
for a 9am-3pm job with a monthly salary of #850,000
and a weekly allowance of 150,000? No work during
weekends & u only have to work halfday on fridays? IF
u're interested in this job, pls contact me with ur full
details...SO THAT WE CAN LOOK FOR IT TOGETHER,COS
ME SEF DEY FIND DAT KIND JOB.....Op you fit join d train if you wish... tongue tongue grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by laoma15(m): 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Bros gone are those days when people adjust their age. Except you dont have e-passport. Naija is improving!
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Expsbterror(m): 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
#facts clearly stated.
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by sirugos(m): 11:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Too long to read
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by hardbody: 11:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
ogwoliun:
That is what we called husling. If you are not strong in this country, water will swept you away.

This your english usage is another crucial reason why people stay out long and end up relying on any of the 7 options earlier posted

4 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by msmon(m): 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
@OP, which of the highlighted points do you engage in?
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Yosifperfect(m): 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Yea! After all desperation situations require desperate measures. LOL
Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by onihaxy: 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
hmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
Why look for jobs when you can be an employer of labour.. just look within yourself and your environment and you will see the opportunity calling... try it and thank me later...
Am a Boss cos am an entrepreneur.. I work for my money and not for anybody...

3 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by ziezy(m): 11:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
TRYING POLITICS

1 Like

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by Atmmachine(m): 11:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
Girls, using their pussy.cat as a means to get a job

5 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by tola9ja: 12:00am On May 01, 2015
add this

3 Likes

Re: Desperate And Funny Things We Do When We Are Searching For Job by baybeeboi: 12:01am On May 01, 2015
noted

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-Build Applicants To Commence Physical Verification Next Week / Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / Have I Been Scammed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.