Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,892 members, 7,810,426 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" (31966 Views)

Peter Obi visits Femi Kuti At The Afrika Shrine (Photos) / Police Surround Afrika Shrine To Prevent EndSARS Meeting / Road Leading To New Afrika Shrine Gets Rehabilitated Ahead Of Macron's Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Diso60090(m): 2:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
markidoo:
;DAnd he said this in pidgin, my name na Emmanuel Macron na me be the president of France grin

Mumu you don forget now now say he dey kampe for Lagos

1 Like

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Guestlander: 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
Truthcat:
That's Yoruba ingenuity to the world again

I've had total strangers asked me about Fela in the most unlikely places. And one Kareem Adepoju or so was mentioned on CNN years back as one of those who laid foundation of music in America.

Yoruba Ifa religion, our Orisas and culture are making waves all over the world. Imagine we are not wedged among the rest of these backward people who are a nobody and have nothing to offer the world. Yoruba made a mistake in the 50's by allowing themselves to be forced to be part of Nigeria, we made the second mistake in 1966 by hoping the rest of Nigeria will soon leave us alone. We must not drop this ball the third time, this is the time to get our country, we need to take advantage of Trump or Russia & Iran. Even George Soros world love to own some infrastructure in Nigeria. Let's get all world shakers involved and see who has what it takes. It's not as if those powers are looking for others interest, but we need them to help us at this point, Trump wouldn't want to lose Yoruba nation to Russia or George Soros or bilderbeg. We just have to put our best brains at the negotiating table to play the ball of our life.

There was a drummer called Babatunde Olatunji. I have never heard of him before but he was quite popular in the U.S in the 50s. I just found out about his music just recently.

1 Like

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Truthcat: 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
Thank you, that would be him, I was trying to remember the name. Kareem Adepoju is Baba Wande, an actor right?
Guestlander:

There was a drummer called Babatunde Olatunji. I have never heard of him before but he was quite popular in the U.S in the 50s. I just found out about his music just recently.
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
The entire Fela dynasty is underrated in Nigeria. Oyibo appreciate Afro beat pass the so-called Africans.

My in law who is a German can sing all of Fela's tracks word for word and was ecstatic when she had a chance to visit the Afrika Shrine at Agidingbi.

Fela is undoubtedly Nigeria's biggest musical export.

1 Like

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Sanchase: 2:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
The reason he came is to look for a Nigerian wife, if you know you know.

1 Like

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by flamingREED(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
Boredom sha.
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by jahsharon: 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
chiedu7:
Can u tell Buhari to stop killing Christians

Tell Christians to stop being silly. Tell Christians that Nigerians are being killed by evil men and that we must all come together to speak and move against the murderers. Christians, Muslims and Pagans have been killed and all lives matters.
Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by chiedu7: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2018
jahsharon:

Tell Christians to stop being silly. Tell Christians that Nigerians are being killed by evil men and that we must all come together to speak and move against the murderers. Christians, Muslims and Pagans have been killed and all lives matters.

Who does not know that the moslems are killing us.

1 Like

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2018
Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha and Buhari all wanted Fela dead. Even in death he is still poking fun at them.

A whole President left Buhari in Abuja to go and smoke Igbo in Fela’s shrine grin grin. Buhari oooo see your life

1 Like

Re: President Macron: "Why I Visited Afrika Shrine In Lagos" by enonche85(m): 5:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
markidoo:
;DAnd he said this in pidgin, my name na Emmanuel Macron na me be the president of France grin

Lol...he said that truly?.

(1) (2) (Reply)

VP Yemi Osinbajo Visits Google Headquarters In The US, Received By Google CEO / Judge Begged DSS Over N500million Bribe. DSS Grills Bank Directors / Shaykh Ali Al-Ḥudhaifi Condemns the Killing Of Deborah Samuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.