Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter (38178 Views)

"We Rescued Kankara Schoolboys" — Military Contradicts Govs On Miyetti Allah / Abdulsalami Apologises To Southern Leaders On Miyetti Allah / Premium Times Sacks Andrew Ajijah Over False Report On Miyetti Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by harmbhrosz(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
LibertyRep:
This is my position and may be unpopular ;

Since a handful of Nigerians are interested in the veracity of the report, the DSS should immediately arrest the reporters of both Premium Times and The Nation as well as the Miyetti Allah Boss. This will:

i. Enable them to carry out proper investigation to determine whether the Miyetti Allah man actually made such damning revelation which will qualify him for prompt prosecution.

ii. If the report was false, the reporters should be made to face the wrath of the law to serve as deterrents to other purveyors of fake news, capable of aggravating the already tensed situations in the nation.
they should be arrested before investigating? Animals like you are the reason security operatives maltreats us in this country

1 Like

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Anasko(m): 5:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
Dreambeat:
It's is quite unprofessional especially for a person who has been in journalism for 19 years to conduct such a high profile interview without recording it.
smart comment so far.

1 Like

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by tiwiex(m): 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
LibertyRep:

Since a handful of Nigerians are interested in the veracity of the report, the DSS should immediately arrest the reporters of both Premium Times and The Nation as well as the Miyetti Allah Boss. This will:

i. Enable them to carry out proper investigation to determine whether the Miyetti Allah man actually made such damning revelation which will qualify him for prompt prosecution.

ii. If the report was false, the reporters should be made to face the wrath of the law to serve as deterrents to other purveyors of fake news, capable of aggravating the already tensed situations in the nation.
I don't think all that is necessary. I believe him. Why you may ask?. The Myetti Allah leader himself was on Channels. Before he came on, he would have spoken to Ciroma. His response on live TV was that Ciroma spoke for himself. He could have denied it if Ciroma had told him it was a lie. If there is one thing I like about them, they no sabi lie early. For me, the TV interview with no denial confirms it. I don't know why we are all still analysing this matter.

1 Like

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Anasko(m): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
Dreambeat:
It's is quite unprofessional especially for a person who has been in journalism for 19 years to conduct such a high profile interview without recording it.
the reporter should be arrested, how can he conduct an interview without record? and pulished it in a newspaper. is not everybody that is dull to believe such rubbish.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Lomprico2: 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
We know you were saying the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by tiwiex(m): 5:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
Anasko:
smart comment so far.
It actually crossed my mind. But guess what? It is unprofessional to record without letting your interviewee know. Considering the arrogance, he might just have said what he said. Missed opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Youth4truth: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
This Yusufu is a chess player, he is trying to dare the security agency to arrest him,if they do,He will then present the recording to the world then we will see if Ciroma or Miyette Allah will be prosecuted.

2 Likes

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Anasko(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
Vickygarl:
A recording of the phone conversation could have cleared the air. As a reporter, the Yussuf guy didn't try at all. How could he have based his story on what he heard alone..... He should have recorded it.
the guy is a village reporter.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by larride(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
I’m definitely sure most people commenting did not read what the guy said, they only read the headline and rush to comment.

In case you missed it, the reporter himself said HE DIDN’T SHARE THE STORY ON ANY PLATFORM.

You guys need to calm down and read first before rushing to comment.

1 Like

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by harmbhrosz(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
sleemfesh:

You be mumu.

So without arrest you can't do investigation. On what grounds will they be arrested? With whose permission? For how long? Water enter your brain?
don't mind that animal,

Just imagine someone like him as a Nigerian security operative and imagine what he'll put innocent people through

Mehnnnn....our thinking in this country ehn, I just can't fathom how far our moral compass has decay

2 Likes

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Bruemath(m): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
I talkam before, the story is true, but they want to cover it. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
Of course we all know the myatti allah herdsman made that statement.this journalist be stressing himself over nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by holuphisayor(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
cow republic
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by buchilino(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
LibertyRep:

SO U SERIOUSLY THINK DAT AN ORGANIZATION HEADED BY AN OFFICIAL DAT STRONGLY SUPPORTS THE PRESIDENT WILL BE VERY OBJECTIVE WEN INVESTIGATING DIS MATTER.

2 Likes

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by KaptainAfrika: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
If only you had recorded the interview, and presented the recording. Such an evidence would have settled your case. If the man sues you for libel, you are finished. Court of public opinion counts for nothing in the court of law.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Minjim: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
LibertyRep:

On what grounds will the Miyetti Allah boss be arrested.
Someone claimed he said something. He said he didn't.
The person who claimed he said has no proof.

As a journalist I expect him to record every interview he conducts on phone.

Experience has taught me to record every calls I make with parents of kids in my class. I expect better from that journalist
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Bjergtrolde: 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2018
LibertyRep:

You are right that your position would be unpopular. Let the Miyetti Allah Boss go to court and sue the reporter for libel. That he has not done so tells you who is telling the truth.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by kutchs: 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
LibertyRep:

And if the report is true as reported by the reporter what then happens to Miyette Allah boss?

I'm sure you don't have an answer to that.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Proffdada: 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2018
As for me, I've stopped eating cow meat since the killings started. If cow lives are greater than humans, eating it is worse than cannibalism

1 Like

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Automatic3444(m): 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
NAIRALAND CIROMA MADE THE STATEMENT... I HEARD IS CO-FRIEND IN A HOTEL .... QUERERING HIM... IN MARARABA.. BELIEVE ME
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Automatic3444(m): 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
Automatic3444:
NAIRALAND CIROMA MADE THE STATEMENT... I HEARD IS CO-FRIEND IN A HOTEL .... QUERERING HIM... IN MARARABA.. BELIEVE ME

The next day they run to AIT TELEVISION tO DENIE .... IS VERY TRUTHFUL FOR THOSE WHO CARE
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by dajoaneke(m): 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
Why would a journalist of a national newspaper make an official interview via phone and not record the conversation, are you that daft?
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
LibertyRep:

1. If DSS should be the one to investigate this matter, What will the Nigerian police be doing?
2. Why should he be arrested instead of being invited if need be?
3. Why you guys hate truth this much?
4. Why should an adult get involved in any conduct that he cannot boldly take theresponsibility afterwards?l
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by miqos02(m): 6:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
brixton:
There r apps that record phone conversations, I hope this reporter invest in some to avoid this sort of mistake in future.
recording an interview without authorisation is against ethics

1 Like

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by phase1: 6:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
otokx:
Many did not believe that the story was false. It is a pity that Miyetti Allah have now become a law unto themselves in Nigeria. This kind of thing can never happen in Ghana.

You are one of the supporters of the fulani terrorist government. So shut it!
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Guide777(m): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is a lesson to reporters and journalists. Make sure you install call recorder apps on your phone, its free but can safe you from costly embarrassment.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by ramatintin(m): 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
As a journalist if u can't record a phone conversation with a source for proof then you aren't fit to be called one. Your just trying to save your job with lies.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Melwood(m): 7:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
Kindly state where you stand. Stop beating around the bush
LibertyRep:

Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by CSTR1005: 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
kennygee:
In a saner country, this terrorist would have been arrested.
I somehow stumbled on your twitter page and the only thing I saw there was nonsense.

Pacifism borne out of naivety or a sort of sick support for Fulani criminals in a bid to support or maintain the status quo.

You must either be enjoying one way or the other from the national purse which explains your hatred for anything that will upset the status quo or you are just not smart.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by fmlala: 7:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is 1969 Judgment on open Cattle Grazing.............Colleagues enjoy the post with me. The battle between cattle rearers and farmers had been as old as mankind. But most people did not know is that there is a decided case on the issue. I forward the post as received.

Hon.Justice Adewale Thompson’s 1969 Judgment on Open Cattle Grazing - Suit no AB/26/66.
Hon.Justice Adewale Thompson: 17th April,1969.
Suit no AB/26/66 at Abeokuta Division of the High Court.

"I do not accept the contention of Defendants that a custom exists which imposes an obligation on the owner of farm to fence his farm whilst the owner of cattle allows his cattle to wander like pests and cause damage. Such a custom if it exists, is unreasonable and I hold that it is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience and therefore unenforceable...in that it is highly unreasonable to impose the burden of fencing a farm on the farmer without the corresponding obligation on the cattle owner to fence in his cattle." Sequence to that I banned open grazing for it is inimical to peace and tranquillity and the cattle owners must fence or ranch their animals for peace to reign in these communities."

Please share to create awareness since am sure nobody appealed against this decision, so it's law and any open grazing is a violation of the law
Chat Conversation End
Type a message...
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
CSTR1005:

I somehow stumbled on your twitter page and the only thing I saw there was nonsense.

Pacifism borne out of naivety or a sort of sick support for Fulani criminals in a bid to support or maintain the status quo.

You must either be enjoying one way or the other from the national purse which explains your hatred for anything that will upset the status quo or you are just not smart.

You just typed a bunch of verbose nonsense that proves what you are.

I have never been a fan of this government and I never will. Please take your mediocrity where it is welcomed, amongst your deluded and demented people, here, it is not.

Toodles.
Re: Yusufu Idegu On Miyetti Allah: ‘I Stand By My Story’ — The Nation's Reporter by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
LibertyRep:

Get the call record from the network provider. Chikena.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Youths Recover Hijacked Electoral Materials From Political Thugs In Rivers. PICS / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Replaces Of Dilapidated Pedestrian Bridge At Fadeyi / Andy Uba: I Am Very Sure I Will Win Anambra Governorship Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.