Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song (14452 Views)

Falz The Bahd Guy Says He Will Join Runtown For Thursday's Protest Against SARS / Audio: "No Argument" - Mamuzee Twins Mark Birthday By Releasing New Gospel Song / Wilson Joshua Blasts Odera Nwobu For Releasing Video Of Dead Okwy Chukwujekwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by goldcoinhub: 11:37am On Jul 04, 2018
Nigerian singer, Runtown is once again in trouble with the law as his enstranged label, Eric Many has once again dragged him to court in a fresh case of contempt of court after Runtown released a new song despite a court order against him.

According to a statement signed by the label's general manager, Johnson Adumike,

'We are in Court with Runtown for his breach of our Recording Contract. We sued him because while applying to the Registrar of Trademarks in Abuja to register professional names licensed to us during the duration of our contract, Runtown also unilaterally terminated our Recording Contract with him'.

'While our Contract is supposed to fall due for expiration on 22nd June 2018, Ericmany has an outstanding balance of about N266,694,755.08 to recoup on our investment and expenses on Runtown.

He also failed to deliver an Album which the Contract requires him to deliver to us during the Contract Period. Under the contract if there is outstanding money or Album by 22nd June, 2018, end of the Contract Period, the Contract enters into an Option Period of one year. Runtown has neither honoured the Contract Period nor the Option Period.

Following our application, Abuja High Court made an Interim Order on 10th May, 2018, barring Runtown from any performance or recording of any song outside our Contract until the issues are sorted out by Court.

'The Judge also ordered that status quo be maintained until our Motion praying for this protection is decided. Yet on 27th June, 2018 Runtown released a new song outside our Contract. Determined to follow due process in our dispute with Runtown we have filed a Contempt of Court case against him.

Following Court Order to serve Runtown by publication in the Punch, our Notice of Contempt of Court is published at page 22 of The Punch Newspaper today. If he still fails to respect Court Order by removing the song, we will follow up with the next steps to ensure Runtown is committed to prison, since he is not above the law.

'If he felt the Court Order is wrong, his lawyer has already appeared in Court and filed papers. It is for his lawyer to show the Court that the Order is wrong. It is not open to Runtown to ignore Court Order. It is important to state that we are at home with the fact that Runtown does not intend to continue working with us.

We are not in any confusion about that. We have therefore not asked the Court to order him to continue working with us. Our case is for recovery of our money and the Album he owes in line with the Contract. It is the duty of both sides to abide by Court Orders. So Ericmany will continue t rely on due process until we get justice'.

https://lailasnews.com/runtown-in-trouble-again-eric-many-files-contempt-of-court-case-over-runtowns-new-song/

1 Like

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 04, 2018
Runtown should respect himself. He brought this upon himself in the first place

16 Likes

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
Runtown should respect himself and the court restraining order. He brought this upon himself in the first place. No one knew runtown before he dropped his mixtape 'successful'. Though in the song, he claimed to be successful, no one knew him beside a few Afro pop upcoming act like himself.

Eric Manny gave him both the name and fame to claim the Afro king spotlight. But how did he show appreciation? After getting only a million Instagram followers, he spat on the hands that gave him all he ever dreamed of.

He should have been more reasonable to know that he would be the one who would suffer from the fallout of whatever happens. Since he's the artist with the 'image', while Eric Manny is the record boss with the money.

5 Likes

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Trapnews: 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
undecided
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by koxi: 1:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ok...in other news?
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by stillseth: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
This guys no go just let record labels dey help up coming artists

1 Like

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by jaxxy(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
Runtown shud stop being disrespectful even if u have issues with ur management. They invested and gv u opportunities. Settle things properly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by kejismuse: 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
Its a ghen ghen something!!!! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by wildcatter23(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is an annoying phase every individual, group or organisation whether in the business spheres or not must come to terms with where favor granted in terms of cash, goodwill and fame is rubbished. You would gift a friend, business associate or even family member a favor that has the potential to change circumstance for them. What do you get in favor? Ingrates and backstabbers. Borrow or loan them money, to get your money becomes a legal issue. Tenants would meekly enter your house and suddenly refuse paying rent. You extend customers line of credit, next thing, they jump ship.

This is Nigeria. It is what it is. Runtown and other artists with cap in hand would beg for contract. When they get to limelight, they turn around and bite the fingers that propelled them to fame. The music scene is strewn with lots of these ingrates. I would not drop names.

Music label owners should simply enact stronger strong clad contracts for these upcoming artists. After all, it's all about business. Nothing more, nothing less

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
Na wa oo
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by IamProdigy: 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Do you need a Creative Brand identity/Logo design

Kindly see signature!
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by overhypedsteve(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
ioersuj
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by philip0906(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Proffdada:
An igbo trying to sabotage another igbo
akpa amu

1 Like

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Austinoiz(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
Runtown and Eric Manny should just let us rest. What nonsense is this?
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by 01mcfadden(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nigerian artistes and battle with record labels.
Who's advising these guys?
Nawa o
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Proffdada: 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
philip0906:

akpa amu
back to sender
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by kingthreat(m): 1:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
Eric Manny is a yahoo boy. Runtown is scamming him back grin

1 Like

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Springdale: 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
These guys are making things harder for upcoming artistes.

Runtown money go finish for court case.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Baroba(m): 1:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
Proffdada:
An igbo trying to sabotage another igbo
Issokay!

No it's not tribal, sometimes it helps to think outside your warped box and use your brains, it's a small matter of " breach of contract claim by Eric Many against there artist. The same as Kiss Daniel and G worldwide..It's called business, read the freaking article..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by chronique(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2018
this is the reason why so many upcoming artistes would never get record deals and why the few who get it would be committed to a slave contract. all these nobodys who suddenly feel too big to respect contracts cos they are popular and have hit the limelight,should be properly dealt with. if i was to sign an artist tomorrow,i nor go pity am. when he eventually decides to be too big,e nor go pain me cos i go done collect my money,kawa. no time for unnecessary sympathy and kindness.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Shaouscs(m): 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2018
I know Okwi aka Dilly personally and I know his weaknesses and strengths.

Okwi has undocumented attitude to Charitable givings and can decide to sponsor projects without documenting his expenses, but might wake up some day and decide that it is time you pay up with interest if you present arrogance, because he is the king of arrogance and I think it is what is happening here. I believe settling out of court will save Runtown. Runtown is proud because he's got talent but can not win this fight. The facts are very clear.

I know Okwi too well, if Runtown goes down there to sincerely apologize and complete his deals, he will be forgiven, outside of that, he will have to spend his way out of this mess.

Let me add that Talent and Skill is not enough. Someone must convert your potentials to kinetic enterprises and generate cash money out of raw talents.

Even though my Media Deal Plan I had with Okwi and his cousin some years ago didnt work out, but I cant fault a good friend because of the love I have for RunTown, I now see clearly why our business couldnt work in a place like Nigeria.

I love them both, but out of court settlement will save RunTown from his Pride. Dilly is the King of Pride, you cant win him on that, he deserves that crown.

5 Likes

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Proffdada: 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
Baroba:

No it's not tribal, sometimes it helps to think outside your warped box and use your brains, it's a small matter of " breach of contract claim by Eric Many against there artist. The same as Kiss Daniel and G worldwide..It's called business, read the freaking article..
use your brain, there's always out of court settlement
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by felo812000(m): 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
When our Prezidoo no respect court order! Why will Runtown respect court order and running around town.... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
I no even know who to blame. Bt when i remember pple lik azadus, rasquie, eddy montana who hunger dey fire today. I think i blame d labels

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muric Hails Ban On Falz "This Is Nigeria" Anti-Muslim Video / Banky W. Celebrates His 42nd Birthday / Davido Cancels DMW Live In Concert Over Rise Of COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.