Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song (14465 Views)

Falz The Bahd Guy Says He Will Join Runtown For Thursday's Protest Against SARS / Audio: "No Argument" - Mamuzee Twins Mark Birthday By Releasing New Gospel Song / Wilson Joshua Blasts Odera Nwobu For Releasing Video Of Dead Okwy Chukwujekwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Blingblings(m): 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Jack Agu but why
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by lonelydora: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
All these upcoming artists sef.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by LZAA: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
goldcoinhub:
Nigerian singer, Runtown is once again in trouble with the law as his enstranged label, Eric Many has once again dragged him to court in a fresh case of contempt of court after Runtown released a new song despite a court order against him.

According to a statement signed by the label's general manager, Johnson Adumike,

'We are in Court with Runtown for his breach of our Recording Contract. We sued him because while applying to the Registrar of Trademarks in Abuja to register professional names licensed to us during the duration of our contract, Runtown also unilaterally terminated our Recording Contract with him'.

'While our Contract is supposed to fall due for expiration on 22nd June 2018, Ericmany has an outstanding balance of about N266,694,755.08 to recoup on our investment and expenses on Runtown.

He also failed to deliver an Album which the Contract requires him to deliver to us during the Contract Period. Under the contract if there is outstanding money or Album by 22nd June, 2018, end of the Contract Period, the Contract enters into an Option Period of one year. Runtown has neither honoured the Contract Period nor the Option Period.

Following our application, Abuja High Court made an Interim Order on 10th May, 2018, barring Runtown from any performance or recording of any song outside our Contract until the issues are sorted out by Court.

'The Judge also ordered that status quo be maintained until our Motion praying for this protection is decided. Yet on 27th June, 2018 Runtown released a new song outside our Contract. Determined to follow due process in our dispute with Runtown we have filed a Contempt of Court case against him.

Following Court Order to serve Runtown by publication in the Punch, our Notice of Contempt of Court is published at page 22 of The Punch Newspaper today. If he still fails to respect Court Order by removing the song, we will follow up with the next steps to ensure Runtown is committed to prison, since he is not above the law.

'If he felt the Court Order is wrong, his lawyer has already appeared in Court and filed papers. It is for his lawyer to show the Court that the Order is wrong. It is not open to Runtown to ignore Court Order. It is important to state that we are at home with the fact that Runtown does not intend to continue working with us.

We are not in any confusion about that. We have therefore not asked the Court to order him to continue working with us. Our case is for recovery of our money and the Album he owes in line with the Contract. It is the duty of both sides to abide by Court Orders. So Ericmany will continue t rely on due process until we get justice'.

https://lailasnews.com/runtown-in-trouble-again-eric-many-files-contempt-of-court-case-over-runtowns-new-song/

266 million??shocked
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by goaldynboy: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
BlacSmit:
Runtown should respect himself and the court restraining order. He brought this upon himself in the first place. No one knew runtown before he dropped his mixtape 'successful'. Though in the song, he claimed to be successful, no one knew him beside a few Afro pop upcoming act like himself.

Eric Manny gave him both the name and fame to claim the Afro king spotlight. But how did he show appreciation? After getting only a million Instagram followers, he spat on the hands that gave him all he ever dreamed of.

He should have been more reasonable to know that he would be the one who would suffer from the fallout of whatever happens. Since he's the artist with the 'image', while Eric Manny is the record boss with the money.

Not altogether correct! Runtown was known and have dropped hit songs such as Gullardo (featuring Davido), Latest, etc; and also wrote and sold hit song like 'Aye' to Davido, before joining Eric Many! Runtown even release a collaboration album with Phyno under Paunthause Records before joining Eric Many!!

1 Like

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by goaldynboy: 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
BlacSmit:
Runtown should respect himself and the court restraining order. He brought this upon himself in the first place. No one knew runtown before he dropped his mixtape 'successful'. Though in the song, he claimed to be successful, no one knew him beside a few Afro pop upcoming act like himself.

Eric Manny gave him both the name and fame to claim the Afro king spotlight. But how did he show appreciation? After getting only a million Instagram followers, he spat on the hands that gave him all he ever dreamed of.

He should have been more reasonable to know that he would be the one who would suffer from the fallout of whatever happens. Since he's the artist with the 'image', while Eric Manny is the record boss with the money.

Not altogether correct Sir! Runtown was known and have dropped hit songs such as Gullardo (featuring Davido), Latest, etc; and also wrote and sold hit song like 'Aye' to Davido, before joining Eric Many! Runtown even release a collaboration album with Phyno under Paunthause Records before joining Eric Many!!
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by goaldynboy: 2:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
Proffdada:
An igbo trying to sabotage another igbo
Issokay!

Ike-Nsi!! What do have to say of G-Worldwide and Kiss Daniel?!
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Proffdada: 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
goaldynboy:

Ike-Nsi!! What do have to say of G-Worldwide and Kiss Daniel?!
I don't speak monkey language
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by udemzyudex(m): 2:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
Austinoiz:
Runtown and Eric Manny should just let us rest. What nonsense is this?

Them no carry matter come meet you naa.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2018
BlacSmit:

I used to like runtown before but now I hate him with a passion. He just killed his Career by himself.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by holuphisayor(m): 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
michael142:

I used to like runtown before but now I hate him with a passion. He just killed his Career by himself.
are you god to kill his career?

abeg free runtown
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
ilima8:
Recover all your betting loses with goal 9ja new betting program For Free!!

Over 200+ free odds posted per day on goal 9ja with numerous Green Tickets!!!

To Visit Goal 9ja: [url=nairaland.site/sports]CLICK HERE[/url]

MODS BAN THIS IJIOT!
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Miles300: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
stillseth:
This guys no go just let record labels dey help up coming artists
I tell u
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
holuphisayor:

are you god to kill his career?

abeg free runtown

He is an ingrate so he is killing his Career by himself. He never fit release song this year oh and na this court case dey cause am. Why not swallow pride and settle? Abeg make them teach am lesson joor
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by VictorEkwere: 3:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
this stupid boy will kill his fine carer with his hand. Abeg any body with spare advice should borrow him i have exhausted my own.
goldcoinhub:
Nigerian singer, Runtown is once again in trouble with the law as his enstranged label, Eric Many has once again dragged him to court in a fresh case of contempt of court after Runtown released a new song despite a court order against him.

According to a statement signed by the label's general manager, Johnson Adumike,

'We are in Court with Runtown for his breach of our Recording Contract. We sued him because while applying to the Registrar of Trademarks in Abuja to register professional names licensed to us during the duration of our contract, Runtown also unilaterally terminated our Recording Contract with him'.

'While our Contract is supposed to fall due for expiration on 22nd June 2018, Ericmany has an outstanding balance of about N266,694,755.08 to recoup on our investment and expenses on Runtown.

He also failed to deliver an Album which the Contract requires him to deliver to us during the Contract Period. Under the contract if there is outstanding money or Album by 22nd June, 2018, end of the Contract Period, the Contract enters into an Option Period of one year. Runtown has neither honoured the Contract Period nor the Option Period.

Following our application, Abuja High Court made an Interim Order on 10th May, 2018, barring Runtown from any performance or recording of any song outside our Contract until the issues are sorted out by Court.

'The Judge also ordered that status quo be maintained until our Motion praying for this protection is decided. Yet on 27th June, 2018 Runtown released a new song outside our Contract. Determined to follow due process in our dispute with Runtown we have filed a Contempt of Court case against him.

Following Court Order to serve Runtown by publication in the Punch, our Notice of Contempt of Court is published at page 22 of The Punch Newspaper today. If he still fails to respect Court Order by removing the song, we will follow up with the next steps to ensure Runtown is committed to prison, since he is not above the law.

'If he felt the Court Order is wrong, his lawyer has already appeared in Court and filed papers. It is for his lawyer to show the Court that the Order is wrong. It is not open to Runtown to ignore Court Order. It is important to state that we are at home with the fact that Runtown does not intend to continue working with us.

We are not in any confusion about that. We have therefore not asked the Court to order him to continue working with us. Our case is for recovery of our money and the Album he owes in line with the Contract. It is the duty of both sides to abide by Court Orders. So Ericmany will continue t rely on due process until we get justice'.

https://lailasnews.com/runtown-in-trouble-again-eric-many-files-contempt-of-court-case-over-runtowns-new-song/

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Rhea(f): 4:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
goldcoinhub:

Runtown must be very good for Eric Many to continue to drag this matter. I hope it does not end up in a gun duel.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by AutoSpaNg: 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
You live in Abuja, You own a vehicle and it has been frustrating you with problems. we are here for you. Abuja's No 1 Auto Repair People. we overhaul engine's, we do collision and accident body work repairs, we even offer the latest oven baked spray technique. Bring your Vehicle in For Repairs, Repainting,Accidented Body works, Servicing and other Vehicle Repair Works CALL US NOW: O818-974-2614. we offer fleet management services, body repairs, preventive maintenance and [b] we also offer a full refund for our diagnostic services to those that are willing to repair the vehicle with us.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by gudtime: 4:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
i like that guy sha!
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
Every artiste want to copy buhari.Dem no dey respect the law again.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by owotipoju: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
Abioye Adams
(08080658827-number on olx)
(08132667464-number on whatsapp)
(09063605980-number he called me with)
The person operating this olx account with this link (https://www./item/lg-50-smart-apps-3d-full-hd-iid-1050413581) is a scam please don't patronize him.
I contacted him for television he displayed on olx because I just got an apart in certain part of lekki and decided to furnish it.
Due to the tight nature of my job and late closing hour, I decided to go online to make things easier.
So, I met this person with the olx name as ABIOYE ADAMS who agreed to self an LG television (used) for me for #35,000 which after negotiation we settled for #30,000
We agreed for him to bring it to my office in phase one where I am to pay him in full if the said product is in good shape.
Then he started asking me to send him #5,000 for transport which I refused at first and told him I will pay in full if he can come with the television to my office.
After many pleading and argument on whatsapp (08132667464) I agreed to send him 3,000 which I did as a sign of my serious to patronize him.
I paid the money into this account (3077185096-Oladejo Praise-First Bank).
On getting the money and till now he has refused to bring the television nor even pick my calls.
And if he even pick up the call will be on computer voice.
Please I want people to be aware of this criminal and his likes and how they are defrauding people online.
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Gucciboss: 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
BlacSmit:

You must have been a toddler when Runtown dropped "party like in 80s' and Gallardo. Runtown did a foolish thing by joining that useless record label called Eric whatever. He should have stayed in Penthauze with phyno, trust me he would have been far popular than he is now. Most Nigerian record label are parasites.

I only agree with you on the bolded.

The guy should thank his stars that he is talented and blessed. if not he would have been forgotten
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
goaldynboy:

Not altogether correct Sir! Runtown was known and have dropped hit songs such as Gullardo (featuring Davido), Latest, etc; and also wrote and sold hit song like 'Aye' to Davido, before joining Eric Many! Runtown even release a collaboration album with Phyno under Paunthause Records before joining Eric Many!!

Runtown's Latest was under Eric Many

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7364585_blog_jpega474ffb2bb8500f3a5fb1a10948ceebc
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Gucciboss: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
Gucciboss:

What's the title abeg

Runtown - Latest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b85gwXU48IA
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
Gucciboss:

What's the title abeg

It's Runtown - The Latest

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Gucciboss: 7:53am On Jul 05, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:

Runtown - Latest

Haba.. The latest was released since 2015 naa

Modified: OH sorry, I actually thought you meant that he has dropped a new song, that's why i was as asking for the title. Sorry for the mix up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by Austinoiz(m): 1:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

Them no carry matter come meet you naa.

Why u carry ur busybody self come for my comment nah?
Re: Eric Many Sues Runtown For Releasing New Song by udemzyudex(m): 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
Austinoiz:

Why u carry ur busybody self come for my comment nah?

Me just wan let u know ni.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muric Hails Ban On Falz "This Is Nigeria" Anti-Muslim Video / Tacha Advises Nigerian Electorates To Have Sense & Vote Good Leaders In 2023 / Top Five Hottest Nairaland Music Artistes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.