Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence (1400 Views)

Nigerian Car Dealership Shop Burnt Down In SA Xenophobic Violence! / South Africa's ANC Calls Israeli Ambassador To Leave The Country / Russian Iskander Missiles - The Answer To US/NATO/Israeli Missile Interceptors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 09, 2010
By Catrina Stewart in Jerusalem

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Israel's Defence Minister Ehud Barak made a move for the weapons during a recent visit to Washington

Israel has approached the United States for more bombs and asked Washington to increase an emergency arms cache stowed on Israeli soil by 50 per cent, according to the leading newspaper Ha'aretz.

The approach, made by Defence Minister Ehud Barak during a recent visit to Washington, reflects the heightened tensions in recent months between the Jewish state and its neighbours that have given rise to widespread fears within Israel of an imminent regional conflict.

News of the request emerged as members of the international community stepped up the pressure yesterday for a thorough and impartial probe of last week's Israeli raid of a Turkish vessel bound for Gaza with humanitarian aid that ended in a bloodbath.
Related articles

The Russian Prime Minister, Vladimir Putin, who was attending a regional security summit in Turkey, added to the criticism of Israel and said he would raise the question of who would conduct an inquiry with the United Nations.

Israel has agreed to carry out an investigation, which could be overseen by two international observers, but would be limited to a theoretical debate of the merits of the raid and the blockade. The commandos who led the raid would not be questioned.

Israel has defended its land and sea blockade of Gaza, arguing that it prevents the flow of weapons to Hamas, the Islamist group that governs the strip. Critics say it constitutes collective punishment that has led to a humanitarian crisis.

Fearing that its enemies are rearming along its borders, Jerusalem has asked Washington to increase the emergency stores by $400m (£278m) to $1.2bn and is also seeking to buy more Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) bombs from the US, the liberal newspaper Ha'aretz reported, citing unnamed sources.

The JDAM is a sophisticated satellite-guided bomb used extensively by Israel in the Lebanon War in 2006 and in its Gaza offensive at the end of 2008.

The Israeli Ministry of Defence refused to comment on the report and the US State Department did not respond to requests for comment.

Washington agreed in December to double stores to $800m worth of arms, including rockets, bombs and armoured vehicles, allowing the Israeli forces to use the equipment with US approval in the case of an emergency.

Israel has already done so in the past, falling back on the US munitions during the Lebanon War in which at least 1,200 Lebanese and 160 Israelis were killed.

The Israeli move reflects the country's growing sense of embattlement in a region largely hostile to it. Iran

has repeatedly threatened to erase Israel from the map, while Hizbollah, the Iranian-backed Lebanese militia group, has amassed thousands of rockets along Israel's northern border. Relations with Turkey, once Israel's closest ally in the region, have plunged to new lows following the flotilla raid.

"Israel does have a sense of the coalescing of an alliance which is committed sooner or later to war with Israel," said Jonathan Spyer, senior researcher at the Global Research in International Affairs Centre in Herzliya. "Everyone is building up frightening amounts of military hardware."

Israel recently accused Syria of providing Hizbollah with Scud missiles, a powerful weapon capable of hitting cities deep inside Israel. Syria vehemently denied the claims, countering that Israel was seeking a pretext for war.

Neither Hizbollah, still smarting from the previous conflict four years ago, nor Israel are likely to want another war, Spyer said. Any conflict with Hizbollah would likely spin out of control beyond Lebanon to include Syria and Iran.

The US, Israel's staunchest ally, provided $2.5bn in military aid to Israel last year, freeing up an equivalent amount for spending in other areas. It recently agreed to help fund the country's Iron Dome project, a controversial anti-missile system.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 09, 2010
Thanks you Obama for such kindness and LOVE for Israel.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Afam(m): 11:11am On Jun 09, 2010
So, all the noise Israel is making is based on help, assistance, support from the US?

I laugh in Botswana! grin grin grin
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 09, 2010
Afam:

So, all the noise Israel is making is based on help, assistance, support from the US?

I laugh in Botswana! grin grin grin

Not as much help though as is needed by your Nigeria.

In fact Israel will decimate the Nigerian Military in less than 3 day, lol.

And by the way most of the scientists who invented and designed the technology anyway are Jews.

Mumu.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Afam(m): 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

And by the way most of the scientists who invented and designed the technology anyway are Jews.

Mumu.

Stop the diversion. What is Nigeria doing in this issue? Confusion galore, stop making a fool of yourself.

Without the help, assistance, support (both military and moral) Israel will not be flexing muscles - FACT.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
Afam:

Stop the diversion. What is Nigeria doing in this issue? Confusion galore, stop making a fool of yourself.

Without the help, assistance, support (both military and moral) Israel will not be flexing muscles - FACT.

FACT in your empty head !
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

Mumu.

@frosbel

EXPOSED!!!!

Quite typical, I would say. After all your antics, your chicken is finally coming home to roost.
Nigeria is next on your list of country Israel should obliterate. Whao!

Kudos to you my [b]jews-worshipping/self-hating negro brother.[/b]
I am beginning to see reason with those on NL(atheist et al) on the evil of foreign tribal deity worship on Nigerians

If you truly are a Nigeria, which is questionable given your stance above, my question is, how much are you being paid to be "unpatriotic"?
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Afam(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
AIRDIG:

@frosbel

EXPOSED!!!!

Quite typical, I would say. After all your antics, your chicken is finally coming home to roost.

I am beginning to see reason with those on NL(atheist et al) on the evil of foreign tribal deity worship on Nigerians

If you truly are a Nigeria, which is questionable given your stance above, my question is, how much are you being paid to be "unpatriotic"?

Extended visa would be enough to buy his conscience 100%. No need paying him because a mad man would not know the value of money. Just extend his visa so he can roam the streets and beg people for food and he will be home and dry.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2010
[size=13pt]GOD Bless israel[/size]

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7F9jHpwZKc&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2010
Afam:

Extended visa would be enough to buy his conscience 100%. No need paying him because a mad man would not know the value of money. Just extend his visa so he can roam the streets and beg people for food and he will be home and dry.

With my dual nationality, I live and have a more interesting life than yours, of this I am 100% sure !
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Afam(m): 9:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

With my dual nationality, I live and have a more interesting life than yours, of this I am 100% sure !

This is the internet so you could be a jobless scammer out there so stop getting excited.

1 Like

Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
AIRDIG:

@frosbel

EXPOSED!!!!

Common I was been sarcastic, how can I support any nation for that matter against Nigeria.

Obviosuly Nigeria and Israel are not enemies.

Moreover we all love our country NIGERIA but lets not then take away the right of others to have a homeland and exhibit the same patriotism that we have.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Cohomology: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2010
frosbel:

Common I was been sarcastic, how can I support any nation for that matter against Nigeria.

Obviosuly Nigeria and Israel are not enemies.

Moreover we all love our country NIGERIA but lets not then take away the right of others to have a homeland and exhibit the same patriotism that we have.

This frosbel character is a real big mumu.

It's Negros like frosbel that will lick the ass of racist Jews anytime any day.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by nopuqeater: 11:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
but the palestinians must never be allowed to conssistute a singular homeland on a soil that smell and taste their sweats and bloods whereby the remnants of their family homes are still visible because we must protect and allow at all cost a group who cant show us the same remnant of their individual family homes, except in Russia, Poland, Chech, etc, etc, etc. Heck they still have European accents and Natayanhu speaks with US East coast accent. The palestinians who are natives must bear the brunt. Kindness at its apex.

Let me say this, when the Jews come to Nigeria, except the traitors among us, we will waylay them in all strategems. Nigeria is not a society of handful of people. Many of us will return to protect our homeland, our heritage. I dont know about you, all my bloodline will return, brothers, cousins, father and all.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Beaf: 12:08am On Jun 10, 2010
frosbel:

Mumu.

This is an incredidible disgrace! How can an adult hate his identity this much. How can a grown man feel this inferior?
Tufia!!!

[size=27pt]Traitor!, Sellout! Fool![/size]
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Cohomology: 1:10am On Jun 10, 2010
Beaf:

This is an incredidible disgrace! How can an adult hate his identity this much. How can a grown man feel this inferior?
Tufia!!!

frosbel thinks em racist Jews care about his black a.s.s? Go to Jewish neighborhoods in New York and Houston and attempt to buy a house there.

Jews are some of the most racist mofos in the world!
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Afam(m): 8:27am On Jun 10, 2010
Seems you guys are just realizing what this stupid frosbel represents? He is suffering from acute inferiority complex so what do you expect?

People like him will tell the white man that all Nigerians are criminals just for the white man to like him so that his next meal can be guaranteed.

This is what you get when people become so frustrated with their lives that they even curse their parents let alone their countries just for bread. Real shame and disgusting.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 10, 2010
Beaf:

Tufia!!!

You might come to realise sooner rather than later that the word FOOL closely suits you and your silliness when is comes to illogical and childish biased interpretations on sensitive middle eastern issues.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 10, 2010
GOD BLESS ALL THE JEWS WorldWide and GOD BLESS ISRAEL.

Everlasting shame and anguish for all enemies of Israel.

Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by SkySpirit(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2010
frosbel:

GOD BLESS ALL THE JEWS WorldWide and GOD BLESS ISRAEL.

I dey believe u. Any country not in gud terms wit Israel is cursed!
grin grin grin
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by olson(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
Though I like Israel. I don't like war because innocent people dies and a lot of atrocities is always committed during that period by both parties involved. I pray that peace will reign in the middle-east.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by nopuqeater: 12:25am On Jun 12, 2010
@sky spirit: « #22 on: Yesterday at 06:19:09 PM »
(quote from frosbel) GOD BLESS ALL THE JEWS WorldWide and GOD BLESS ISRAEL.
Even as a do evil? Was it not that Jesus said that those who do not give food to the hungry are like they did not feed him? WHo is on the side of right, Jesus or israelis and you? Is not the majority of the Israelis are kind people. Its unlike the Muslims or the christians with majority of good people and minority with evil and or vile qualities.

Jesus was an enemy of Israel. Or the Israelites were enemy of Jesus. Heck the present Israelites in Israel are enemies of Jesus. Who is now going to be in anguish shame?

I dey believe u. Any country not in gud terms wit Israel is cursed!
Many countries dont care for israel; Vatican city, and many others. Now lets look at the individuals; Those who hate the Jews. From the Bible, we see that Jesus oted them as he called them evil and adulterou generations, vipers and evil. Reflect man, because you are putting Jesus in a bad light, and it because of him you like and believe the OT, and the NT geared to call the Jews back to what is authentic of what was given to the Old Prophets. Jesus was a follower of the rules of the OT Prophets, the reason he fasted like Moses.

Justice 4all!
Is there an idea from your heart of just from the tip of the tongue, if you consider the suffering of the apartheid victims known as palestinians, under Israel "special people of Yahweh"?

@olson (m): « #23 on: Yesterday at 07:13:49 PM »
Though I like Israel. I don't like war because innocent people dies and a lot of atrocities is always committed during that period by both parties involved. I pray that peace will reign in the middle-east.
What do you like about Israel? Whats good about her over and above other countries, you may not like as uch as you like her? Explain. I wanna know, because it is not apparent to me and many more people.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by tpiah: 6:58am On Jun 13, 2010
Beaf:

Tufia!!!

must you constantly fight everywhere?

this is getting embarassing.

cant you tell your boss you need a life?

just carrying every matter on your head as if you lack any atom of sense.
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by tpiah: 7:25am On Jun 13, 2010
أيضا العديد مքաղխորհրդի հետամնացن القرود كلها جنون.مشتری کی اندرونی (اور دیگر گیس سیارے ہمارے علم) بہت ہی بالواسطہ اور رہنے کا امکان ہے کچھ دیر کے لیے تو. (ہے گیلیلیو ماحول کی تحقیقات سے اعداد و شمار کو ہی بادل کو سب سے اوپر سے نیچے تقریبا کلومیٹر ہو جاتا ہے.)

وہ شخص جو سب سے بلند کی خفیہ جگہ میں رہتا ہے
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Beaf: 8:04am On Jun 13, 2010
tpiah:

must you constantly fight everywhere?

this is getting embarassing.

cant you tell your boss you need a life?

just carrying every matter on your head as if you lack any atom of sense.

Frosbel can speak for himself. I'm sure he doesn't need a menopausal stepmother. grin
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 13, 2010
nopuqeater:

Let me say this, when the Jews come to Nigeria, except the traitors among us, we will waylay them in all strategems. Nigeria is not a society of handful of people. Many of us will return to protect our homeland, our heritage. I dont know about you, all my bloodline will return, brothers, cousins, father and all.

Wetin dis one dey talk? Did Isreal say it plans to attack Nigeria? Nonetheless, I would LOVE it if it were possible for Isreal and their supreme IDF to help us decimate the Boko-Haram/Mutallab type quasi-arab extremists up north that give Nigeria a bad name: tear them apart and litter the streets with their charred remains. . . .including those of an entire "bloodline" that dares to "waylay them (the jews) in all stratagems". That would be very nice indeed.
***chuckles with grim pleasure***
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 13, 2010
Beaf:

Frosbel can speak for himself. I'm sure he doesn't need a menopausal stepmother. grin

Please do not descend to Afam's level; there are serious issues to be discussed in the future. sad

I have been advising you my boy, stop associating with that jobless Afam guy. cheesy
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2010
** i smell war here**
Re: Israeli Request For More Arms From Us Raises Fears Of Regional Violence by hercules07: 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
The Israeli Army will take out the Nigerian Army in less than three days, same for Iran, even Taliban will deal with our pot bellied Soldiers. Israel o, Iran o, Saudi Arabia o, they are all as bad as one another.
They should do us a favour by wiping one another off this planet, their own is too much.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israelis Chant: "Niggers Go Home" With Isis-style Flag / Allepo Would Have Been Safe If Annexed By Israel / Muslim Molests 2 Year Old Christian Child Because Family Refused To Convert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.