Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support (28673 Views)

Lady Earning N360K Sacked For Not Meeting Monthly Target Of N300M / Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked / Unmarried Policewoman Sacked For Getting Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Pentools(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
Quite bad...I bn think say na the boss be the main boss.
However the guy too talk plenty on the chat. Keep most things brief and simple, rather than trading words with the bad luck lady...

Love of a mother most who say, but what happens to the manager, he's a father too.
What happens to those he puts food on their table.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by profmallor: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
the power of social media..
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by bedspread: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
All thanks to Social Media...

Good one Mom!

May ur son Recover in JESUS NAME
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Adedayo97(m): 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
Chaleeee:
I understand that your child is on child support but staying at the hospital won't make him wake up. More so, the right thing to do is ask for leave or quite your job. Not texting the manager that you won't be coming to work and still expect to be on the payroll. America is not a place where you can get paid for not working
...do you read that nonsense
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
Biglittlelois:
This is soo uncalled for, that boss was right, the company dont want a public backlash so that it wont affect their product and services, they had to say she should take all the time she needs wow, imagine if everyone decides to take unending leave cos of the ill health of a loved one, when that entitlement filled woman resumes, she will be soo frustrated to the extent of resigning
when something more precious to you than a job is in a terrible state you'd have a rethink...in every company there are unplanned contingencies and they should at least be able to manage. These situations don't happen often and the few time it does is not enough to bring a whole oil company or whatever company it is down.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by QuietHammer(m): 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
Injustice!
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
women are the next evil after Buhari.....
no single empathy.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
women are the next evil after Buhari.....

no single empathy.

Pray for PS FOOD MART.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by bigdot1759(m): 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nice steps by d company, some women are too wicked
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by enemyofprogress: 6:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
I ate working with female bosses, most of them are witches
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Cuteamigo1(m): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
i hope the woman is satisfied now. you are not the doctor but you feel the need to not show up to work because you child is on life support. imagine a soldier saying to his comander i wont ve available for the mission because my wife is about to put to bed, are you the midwife?

4 Likes

Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Ytea(f): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
I think they should just have made him show remorse and apologize to the woman. Sack ti po ju nw, maybe he stood his ground that he wasn't wrong sha.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Folashade2016(f): 6:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
Finally.

check my SIGNATURE
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by seunmohmoh(f): 6:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
last35:
Women hate women!!
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Juicybreed(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2018
My Dad once told me "Is not the person sick that suffers most, but the next person who looks and takes care of them" That manager is so evil. Until you have a son or loved one in sick bed, u know how it feels.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by kingBenedict: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2018
I wonder why people are linking this news to Nigeria... Michigan is in USA ooh.... Good one from the company though....
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Biglittlelois(f): 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
OneSentence:

when something more precious to you than a job is in a terrible state you'd have a rethink...in every company there are unplanned contingencies and they should at least be able to manage. These situations don't happen often and the few time it does is not enough to bring a whole oil company or whatever company it is down.

You need to see the chat she had with the boss, that woman was behaving like she's on her right while she has been absent before, the child was in coma, what else can she do about it, the boss was polite enough to even chat with her, not all bosses do that, there was no plea or whatever, she didnt sound sober, women like that are evil, her boss was sacked, she has achieved her aim in life, people like her can be evil when in a place of position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Nicheey(m): 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
emelda88:
are you kidding me?

1 Like

Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Not cool
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by dochenaj: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Chaleeee:
I understand that your child is on child support but staying at the hospital won't make him wake up. More so, the right thing to do is ask for leave or quite your job. Not texting the manager that you won't be coming to work and still expect to be on the payroll. America is not a place where you can get paid for not working
She was not going to be paid for the hours she did not work. She was only trying, to inform the manager of her reason for not coming, in the case the manager can get someone else to work her shift as overtime.
The manager did not show empathy, that's the only fault he/she had.
I would have responded in these lines if I was the manager. "Oh!, I'm sorry about your son's case, and I know this might be a tough and trying time for you and I will have you in my prayers, but I the work schedule has been switched and unfortunately I cannot be able to find someone to cover your shift", before hitting her with the hard lines that follow.

2 Likes

Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Good business company. the two could be part of the company's advert
enemyofprogress:
I ate working with female bosses, most of them are witches

You 'ate' witches, wow. But did you drink some water to wash them down ?

1 Like

Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by aribisala0(m): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
post=69082565:
*Quote*
As a result of this finding, we took quick action and that manager is no longer employed by PS Food Mart. We have also reaffirmed to our employee that she will be able to take all the time off that she needs during this difficult period. We’d like to thank the public for their concern.

Folk Oil Company"

*Unquote*

This is a sane society that works.

Some people just decide to embarass themselves ONLINE just like the one below me, balderdash
Manager should not have been sacked .That is playing to the gallery.

Was she herself under pressure from organizational culture. Was she adequately trained?

This is a training issue that should have been managed from that perspective.

What she did is not unforgivable though embarrassing to the company.

It is probably their culture and she has been scapegoated
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by princeade86(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
the woman has achieved her aim.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by laydoh(m): 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
veeceesynergy:

But she ended up getting paid without working..... Is she in Nigeria?
am really grateful 4 ur reply.everything na nigeria,lyk say na only nigeria dey dis world.rubbish.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by ofwest47(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
you never know with women : James Hardly Chase.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by blackgold2018(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2018
Millz404:
grin they just used the manager to boost the company's image

lol you are right. It's just business.
Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by koboko69: 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Smh.. so that rude mother won undecided
Women having bigger wings nowadays. If we aren't careful this world will be doomed.

Biglittlelois:
This is soo uncalled for, that boss was right, the company dont want a public backlash so that it wont affect their product and services, they had to say she should take all the time she needs wow, imagine if everyone decides to take unending leave cos of the ill health of a loved one, when that entitlement filled woman resumes, she will be soo frustrated to the extent of resigning

Lol.
How things work is different in every part of the world. This is America, their labor laws is very different, and most importantly take value the life of their citizens. As soon as I read that story, I knew the manager was going to be deciplined, i didnt expect fired though. Bare in mind that she was asking for a time off and she isnt going to be paid for all the hours she didnt work. Here in America u can decide not to go to work for any reason, most companies want u to call out 8hrs b4 your shift in a case of a shift job like this so they can look for coverage. If not that i am here, i will see the woman as rude like you are seeing it, but i know how it goes here. People decide not to show up at work because their dog or whatever pet fell sick and that is what they will tell the Boss, my dog is sick...i cant make it to work.lol.
Do u know the woman can actually sue the company if she actually lost her job?
Here in America its Womem, children, pets, then men.

1 Like

Re: Michigan Manager Sacked For Callous Texts To Mom Whose Son Is On Life Support by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Salary Of 20k OK? / FG Pays 81 Months Pension Arrears / What Professional Skill Will Be In HOT DEMAND 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.