Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Politics In Christendom;(rccg) Daddy G.o Must Read This!. . Lol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics In Christendom;(rccg) Daddy G.o Must Read This!. . Lol (1227 Views)

Osinbajo Ministering At RCCG Jesus House, Silverbird Abuja (photos) / APC Praise Daddy G.o For Dissociating Self, Church From Offensive Audio CD / Daddy G.O. Adeboye Has Hold ON 8.4% Of All Voters In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics In Christendom;(rccg) Daddy G.o Must Read This!. . Lol by rhymz(m): 11:18am On Jun 09, 2010
Continuation of the topic above. . .This is a free world. You Westerners are free to practise a Christianity of homosexuality and irresponsible female dressing. We are Africans and should be free to practice our own Christianity without all these Western impositions and meddlesomeness. There is room enough in the sky for birds to fly without colliding!” “You are forgetting something, Enoch.” “Forgetting what? “We gave you Christianity. What are you still doing with it if you hate Western impositions? Hello,  hello,  hello,  Enoch, are you still there? Holy smokes! He hung up on me.”
Re: Politics In Christendom;(rccg) Daddy G.o Must Read This!. . Lol by Becomrich0: 11:22am On Jun 09, 2010
are you a homo?
Re: Politics In Christendom;(rccg) Daddy G.o Must Read This!. . Lol by rhymz(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2010
“Hello. May I speak to Pastor Enoch Adeboye please?” “Hello, hello, yes this is Daddy G.O. Who is on the line please?” “This is Bishop Gene Robinson. Daddy G.O, could you please pass the phone to Pastor Enoch Adeboye? I hope I have the right number?” “Speaking. Daddy G.O means Daddy General Overseer, an endearment that the flock of the RCCG Worldwide has coined for me, their humble shepherd. Gene Robinson?” “Oops, my apologies. Yes, I am Gene Robinson, Bishop of the Diocese of New Hampshire in the Episcopal Church in the United States.” “Ah, of course! Of course! How are you my dear Bishop? And to what do I owe the honour of such an unexpected phone call?” “The respect is mutual, my brother in the lord. I must tell you that we appreciate your monumental work for Christendom here in the United States. I had to take an interest in Africa because she is the continent that threatened to tear down the Anglican Church because of me. And that uprising against me by an entire continent was led by Nigerian Anglicans. But that is not why I have called you, Enoch. May I call you Enoch? You may call me Gene.” “Yes, I know your story and you must know that I agree 100 % with my Nigerian Anglican brothers. That thing – my tongue shall not name that which is unholy – that you practise is un-African. But go ahead, Gene. I’m all ears”. “Thanks, Enoch. I read online that in order to keep the Body of Christ and the House of the Lord sanctified, you have recently banned female members of the Redeemed Church from wearing mini-skirts, skimpy shirts, trousers, artificial hair, gold trinkets, and anything that hugs the body and accentuates their curves.” “Yes, Gene. I am pleased that my modest disciplinary effort has received worldwide acclaim. We had reached a crisis situation where one no longer knew the difference between a Redeemed Church gathering and Saturday night at the Night Shift Coliseum.” “Night Shift Coliseum?” “That is Nigeria’s most famous night club in Lagos, Gene. Our female church members were dressing like they were going to the Coliseum and they were beginning to lead too many brothers, especially my pastors, into temptation. “ “I absolutely agree with you, Enoch. I was so excited when I read about your efforts for I have been thinking of doing the same thing in my congregation for quite some time. That is why I have called you to compare notes. We have a situation here where men with gym-toned bodies increasingly wear provocative stuff to church. I don’t know if you know a black singer called LL Cool J? I am talking of bodies like that – toned muscles, six-pack abs, the whole package.” “I am sorry Gene but I don’t see the connection.” “Enoch, I mean men with such bodies love to flaunt them in the US. So the fashion industry has also designed all kinds of clothes that tend to accentuate all the bulges and the muscles from head to toe. You cannot imagine the sort of temptation they lead the clergy to by dressing so provocatively. They are no longer content with displaying muscular chests, arms, shoulders, and six pack abs. They wear tight-fitting pants that show dangerous bulges in front.” “I still don’t get it, Gene. Vestimental prudery, as far as I know, applies only to women in Christendom. Even our brothers in the other religion, Islam, apply those rules only to women so that men may not be tempted. They agree with us on that score. Why should a man’s muscles and curves exposed in body-hugging male clothes be a problem for anybody?” “So, you think women too are not tempted in church by good-looking men who flaunt six pack abs? If it is expected of women not to underdress and tempt men, it should be expected of men not to underdress and tempt women. But that is not even my problem. Exposed six pack abs in Church are a problem for men like me, Enoch. Remember, we are Christians too. A major Christian denomination ordained me Bishop. They know who I am. If female dressing is the eye that is making you sin and you have plucked it out, shouldn’t I be allowed to pluck out male dressing if it is the eye that is making me sin?” “Gene, who told you that you are a Christian? I can’t believe that you called me all the way from the United States to discuss this un- African and un-Christian thing. It is my fault that I even entertained this phone call.” “Thanks, Enoch, for not hanging up. I didn’t expect this to be a pleasant conversation. I have dealt with African delegations to international congresses in the Anglican Communion long enough now to know the sort of reaction my sexual identity provokes in them.” “Gene, where are you going with all this? I’m a very busy man. I assume you are busy too as you lead a whole Diocese?” “I am saying that there is a deeper debate we need to have in Christendom about where and how to locate the borderline between the will of man and the will of God. Is there a difference between the will of God and what we believe to be the will of God?” “That’s not new, Gene” “I agree, Enoch. What’s new is when you apply it to dressing and temptation in the church. You believe that God has a problem with an exposed cleavage on a generous female chest because it could lead His sons to temptation; I believe that God has a problem with an exposed six-pack abs on a gym-toned male body because it could lead His sons to temptation. Are we not thereby projecting our will, desires, weaknesses, and respective sexual preferences onto God?” “Look, Gene, I’ve had enough of this nonsense talk.

(1) (Reply)

Jigawa Governor Blames Basin Authority For Flood Disaster / Ohakim Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Okorocha / Labour Leader Has Been Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.