Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Covering Of The Hair? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Covering Of The Hair? (657 Views)

Covering Hair Palava!!! / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covering Of The Hair? by diyobdw(f): 11:43am On Jun 09, 2010
please How best will you answer this people:

Q: I understand that Muslim women wear modest clothing for privacy and modesty, but I don’t quite understand the head covering. I understand covering your body, but I am confused as to why the head also should be covered?
Re: Covering Of The Hair? by chakula: 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2010
Muslim women wear head scarves for traditional reasons, and because it is in keeping with the commandments of Allah. Through Muhammad, Allah’s words are that women should be modest, and cover their beauties like their hair and their chest. At home among family and in front of their husband, Muslim women do not need to wear head scarves.

It should be noted that not all Muslim women wear head scarves. Some wear both head covering and veil, called the Niqab. Others wear merely simple head scarves called Khimar. The Burqa and Chador cover the woman from head to foot, and are worn in some Muslim countries. All clothing that is said to follow the laws of Allah is called Hijab.

However, some modern Muslim women feel that such covering is not important at all. It is a common misconception that all Muslim women dress the same. While many do cover their heads with head scarves, many don’t cover, and wear more westernized style clothing. Still clothing should be simple and not be meant to attract men or express vanity, according to the Qur’an.
Re: Covering Of The Hair? by zayhal(f): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2010
The answer to your question is in Surah An-nur 24:31, Ahzab 33:59. if you're a xtian, you may want to see it from the biblical viewpoint. Check somewhere in 1cor. Can't remember the particaular place now.
Re: Covering Of The Hair? by diyobdw(f): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2010
hi, it was asked by a xtain but as a muslim i like to answer such rightly that is why i asked, tx!!

(1) (Reply)

Internet Trolls ᴴᴰ ┇FUNNY┇ Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan ┇smile...itz Sunnah┇ / Uganda, Congo DR Muslims Banned From Makka Over Ebola Epidemic / What Convinced You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.