Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona (37995 Views)

Senegalese Player Casually Leans Against Goalpost As Colombia At World Cup / Diego Maradona Before Argentina Game Vs After Argentina Game Yesterday(photos) / Photo Of Diego Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Gisthoodng(m): 6:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Argentina Legend, Diego Maradona has claimed that Colombia were Robbed in the World Cup round of 16 after England won via penalty shootout on Tuesday.

Harry Kane scored a second half penalty to put England 1-0 ahead only before in-form Yerry Mina to score a stoppage time equaliser for Colombia.

The match went to penalties after Extra-time and England's Jordan Pickford proved to be hero.

He saved Carlos Bacca's penalty before Eric Dier scored to secure England's place in the quarter-finals of the tournament.

But the match ended in controversy with Colombia players insisting Referee Mark Geiger favored England.

Earlier Radamel Falcao blamed Referee Mark Geiger for the defeat which he described "painful".

Now, Maradona has reacted to the controvesy.

“I saw a monumental theft,”he told reporters.

"I apologise to all the Colombian people, but they must know the players are not to blame.

“It is the man who decides who the referee is who is to blame. A man like that (Geiger) should not be put in charge of a game of that magnitude.

“With all due respect, Pierluigi Collina, as the man who designates the referees, he is very bad. He must apologise to the Colombian people.

“I told (FIFA president) Gianni Infantino that if I worked for FIFA, I would change everything. It has to be transparent. That’s why I didn’t go there.

“The referee will know a lot about baseball, but he has no idea about football. The Colombian players asked for VAR and he did not give it to them.

“Twice, the English threw themselves to the ground and he did not admonish them. This was theft.

“The penalty was not a foul.In fact, it was Kane’s fault.

“The referee was looking somewhere else and when he turned his head, Kane was on the floor.

“Kane used his arm to hook Sanchez and then threw himself down.

“I repeat, why didn’t the referee ask for the VAR? Colombia died standing. That’s why I applaud them.”

Source:>>>SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/07/world-cup-2018-how-england-and-referee.html

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by bigtt76(f): 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
Amugbo ....goan siddon jooooor grin

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by kocvalour(m): 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
useless English players can't wait to see them lose in the finals against the mighty Brazil

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Petersamuel8(m): 7:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
I am with him on this, can't wait to see them against France in the final

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by joshmarcus(m): 7:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
Am sure Colombia promised him drugs if they won that's why he is yarning this trash

150 Likes 3 Shares

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by youngberry001(m): 8:45pm On Jul 04, 2018
kocvalour:
useless English players
can't wait to see them lose in the finals against the mighty Brazil
Brazil gonna thrash there ass,,,,

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by DIYhackers: 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Say NO to drugs, dude is high on cheap Argentine weed

For free digital marketing training, check my signature

6 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by goldiam(f): 8:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
Maradona should just shut up already didn't they rob us of a penalty against Agentina.�

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by OKorowanta: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Yeye yarns.
As dis man dey grow old he kon dey mumu.
Which rob?
England outplayed dem yesterday and were lucky to score a last ditch effort to drag d game into extra time.
I was even scared the English team will have a dull day but was disappointed with d South Americans.

12 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
youngberry001:
Brazil gonna thrash there ass,,,,
kocvalour:
useless English players
They can't meet in the final. They likelihood of meeting is in the semis and one of them must go home.

7 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Knsley(m): 8:54pm On Jul 04, 2018
Same thing they did to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
...............just as you robbed England with your hand of god goal years ago in the match at the 1986 FIFA World Cup at the Estadio Azteca in Mexico City.

Cry of a loser

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
Zero class . asif u no be cheat urself

3 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by imperiouxx(m): 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
Did anyone see where a Colombian player was scratching off the PK spot? grin grin

Though I don't care about England

10 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Cholls(m): 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
my brother's and sisters if this is true I will say see who is talking...spit!

2 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by oshe11: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
Honestly felt PAINED seeing England go through

14 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by hammer6F: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
THE SAME WAY ARGENTINA AND THE REFEREE ROBBED NIGERIA.

THE TOURNAMENT IS NOT FAIR.

5 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by zombieTRACKER: 8:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
Maradona should be banned from anything football for life.... The man is no model

7 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by cabilla(m): 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
kocvalour:
useless English players
which finals

4 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by ipobarethieves: 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
angry angry angry ; undecided but the useless Turkey ref helep ur country against Supa Eagus. Useless goat

3 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 04, 2018
goldiam:
Maradona should just shut up already didn't they rob us of a penalty against Agentina.�
People only complain when things don't favor them. Humans 101. Lol.

8 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by blingxx(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
YoungRichRuler:
Where was he when we were robbed?
the f*cktard was waving his middle fingers angry

7 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Folashade2016(f): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
In as much I am not a fan . I believe him this time and why was Columbia 2bd goal cancelled BTW?

check my SIGNATURE
Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by JohnnyBling(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
'How argentina and the referee robbvd nigeria!'

3 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by oshe11: 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
Knsley:
Same thing they did to Nigeria.

Na so undecided

goldiam:

No be Only Rob na RUB

7 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by ddippset(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2018
The penalty awarded to England was never a penalty.
There must be a tussle at a corner kick.

Just like the penalty awarded to Nigeria against Argentina was never a penalty.

Just like Balogun should have seen red for tackling down de maria from behind.

Just like the VAR rules says it is not a penalty when the ball strikes any part of the body before being deflected to the hand.

Ignorant and shameless Nigerians who must complain about referees after every tournament.

11 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Unblockable: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
joshmarcus:
Am sure Colombia promised him drugs if they won that's why he is yarning this trash

He's not yearning any trash oga. That thing was clearly not a penalty. The ref erred.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by KevinDein: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
Preposterous claims from the biggest cheat of all time. Remember the hand of God? Dude was so proud he's a cheater.

Penalty awarded to England was as clear as day light; Colombia were actually lucky to finish the game with eleven men, they were in the face of the referee all night, protesting every single decision even the most obvious ones (yellow card offence).

These South Americans are just sore losers, throwing tantrums at every single opportunity. They might be skilled footballers with beautiful flair when they want to play, but I'm not sad to see them eliminated. They just stink the whole tournament with their play acting.

14 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Nedfed(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
With all respect Maradona is sick upstairs.
Was he not celebrating/jubilating when Argentina trashed the super chickens out of the tournament with their ojoro. Well I blame them not but dat useless boy called Igala or ighalo.

6 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by Dedetwo(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
Where was this miserable fool when Argentine defended headed the ball to his hand and no penalty was given? This is the first time I have heard that a player can kick or head the ball onto his or her hand and no call is made.

2 Likes

Re: World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona by alizma: 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2018
t

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo Scores Twice As Manchester United Defeat Derby County 3 - 0 / Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Beaten, Robbed At Home / Liverpool 'Not Guaranteed' To Be Crowned EPL Champions Over Coronavirus Outbreak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.