Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians (59124 Views)

Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead / Ohanaeze President Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu Visits Lagos / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Pidgin: 'Why I Dey Support Atiku Not Buhari' (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by columbus007(m): 7:02am On Jul 05, 2018
post=69088550:
Interesting.
He's obviously having a nice time here.
you 're on every single thread mehn,dont you have a job? undecided

3 Likes

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:03am On Jul 05, 2018
columbus007:
you 're on every single thread mehn,dont you have a job? undecided
ignored, we think say na better person sef

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by SoarAfrica(m): 7:18am On Jul 05, 2018
Mahn that go cause big "masala" for our core northern brothers, pidgin dem no Sabi
BUSHHUNTER:
Pidgin English should be official cos that's the only language even butchers,hunters,local traders etc understand....
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Cylo102: 7:29am On Jul 05, 2018
Bravo!!! I'm impressed!

1 Like

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by brainhgeek(m): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2018
BUSHHUNTER:
Pidgin English should be official cos that's the only language even butchers,hunters,local traders etc understand....

yesz you are right. even outside Nigeria, pidgin english is official in some countries.
I was in Israel some years back. I got to the place where Jesus thought The Lord's prayers. All countries interpreted the prayer in their language. I saw the Haitian version. It was an exact replica of our brand of pidgin english. not an iota different.

1 Like

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by stanisbaratheon: 8:12am On Jul 05, 2018
BUSHHUNTER:
Fulani herdsmen don't understand it. Sad
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Lilknight(m): 8:29am On Jul 05, 2018
aonag:

they would lose to uruguay you know why? because he came to nigeria. my brother mark this post...
They won’t lose, firstly no one is sure about Cavani’s fitness and he has been their best player in this tournament and secondly France has the quality to unsettle their strong defense
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by modupe2: 8:35am On Jul 05, 2018
I also like him...........

peeparty:
I like this dude...
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 05, 2018
But who determines which pidgin english version is better? Do Nigerians not speak it according to their native dialect accent?

And which native Nigerian accent is better, that would make pidgin spoken by someone from there better?

Your personal preference for pidgin english doesn't make it better either, regardless of whether you live in Lagos or not. So, no version of pidgin english is bad.

It is broken english anyway, so one street or informal english cannot be better than another. There are spoken differently by, ofcourse, different people of varying ethnicity.
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by OttHin: 9:05am On Jul 05, 2018
Side effect of having an encounter with a dullard. You no go sabi body again...
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Shola12nine: 9:10am On Jul 05, 2018
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by zinaunreal(m): 9:26am On Jul 05, 2018
Andrewgame42:

You never still come oh?
grin grin grin when buhari is gone
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Lilknight:

They won’t lose, firstly no one is sure about Cavani’s fitness and he has been their best player in this tournament and secondly France has the quality to unsettle their strong defense

brother lets set it, 30k each...
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by kunmiiii: 10:05am On Jul 05, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
what is this one saying... seems like you don't have pictures of an elder in your house, abeg go and insult ur father

OMG! Jesus!! so you be elder?!e ma binu but Agbaya ni yin Sir!!! Are these the hate filled values you wanna imbue in your offsprings, Pls sir save them from inheriting an unfortunate life and take my earlier advice. U no even get shame Sir, u still had the effrontery to brag about being an elder when u should be cowering in shame from your despicable and uncalled for comment. Elder my foot!!

1 Like

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:55am On Jul 05, 2018
kunmiiii:

OMG! Jesus!! so you be elder?!e ma binu but Agbaya ni yin Sir!!! Are these the hate filled values you wanna imbue in your offsprings, Pls sir save them from inheriting an unfortunate life and take my earlier advice. U no even get shame Sir, u still had the effrontery to brag about being an elder when u should be cowering in shame from your despicable and uncalled for comment. Elder my foot!!
yes I'm an elder and I'm old enough
to be ur father... u are happy now right oya gerrout of my way
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by shogsman(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
Both The president and the op of this useless news are mad.
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by shogsman(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
The president and the op of this useless news are mad.
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Jeffy1206(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
lilmaydee:
I think at this juncture our official language should be pidgin not that borrowed English.
so make I go spend another 4 years to learn pidgin propaly ba
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by wildcatter23(m): 2:09pm On Jul 05, 2018
LaudableXX:

Na Papa God I take beg you...kindly stop that rubbish. shocked We don't need under 40 people - we need competent people. It is not about age - it is about skill,properly. And such qualities are NOT age specific. Was the governor of Kogi state not under 40 years, when he assumed power? What has he done till date inside his state to make life better, despite his so-called age? Isn't he the most clueless and worst-performing governor in Nigeria? Under his watch, his citizens who had not been paid for several months started committing suicide....

It's this kind of thinking that's holding Africa back. How old were the following when they conquered their world, Bill Gates, Mark zuckerberg, Jerry Yang and David Filo, Evan Spiegel, Scott Duncan, Nathan Blecharczyk?

Bill Gates, owner of Microsoft, David Filo and Jerry Yang, founders of Yahoo, were under 30 when they became billionaires.

It's preposterous, that young people would possess such backward thinking. The President of France is 40years. Born December 27, 1977 when Mr President was petroleum minister, still today 40years after the same group of persons are still clutching to power. What has the knowledge, intelligence, accountability, integrity and ability done and bought us in this present dispensation from these individuals in power from time
past? Bringing the governor of Kofi to buttress your point is lame. How about those people in power since our independence? Are not they are still holding on and in the corridors of power? What dynamic change has their collective tenure bought us?

If you do lack confidence in yourself that is fine but for posterity, the senior citizens are supposed to guide the younger generation in the administration of affairs not cling on power till death do they part. That's perception is peculiar to Africa.

Secondly, it's not able Kogi state Governor, it's about the younger generation taking their future in their hands. It's not going to be smooth sailing but it sure would be better than what's on ground

1 Like

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Lilknight(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
olagbola55:

Must u show ur stupid attitude all d time......i doubt it if ur life is better.....
My life at the moment is like a testimony for you come 20 years time, e sure me die
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Lilknight(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
aonag:

brother lets set it, 30k each...
Oya i ready, who go be board man?
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Lilknight(m): 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
aonag:

they would lose to uruguay you know why? because he came to nigeria. my brother mark this post...
Hahahaha lol, well we shall see
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Sirjamo: 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
I hope he won't eat that maggot infested ewedu and amala
Is it that useless white solid stone that looks like solidified cocaine that you call akpu you want him to eat!

1 Like

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 05, 2018
Lilknight:

Oya i ready, who go be board man?

lets give our cash to oga hajj he is a moderator on property section. anybody who wins should contact him and take the cash..
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by mechanics(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
Wow.
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by kunmiiii: 2:32am On Jul 06, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
yes I'm an elder and I'm old enough
to be ur father... u are happy now right oya gerrout of my way

Sir Father, what astonishes me is your brazen courage to admit you're old enough to be a father, see person papa wey dey troll on social media. Like u said u are old enough but not matured enough to be a father Sir. see how long it took me to reply, that's becos I do have a job other than trolling and spewing hate filled bigotry messages on social media. Pls Father get a job or better still get a life and leave the trolling to your kids If you have one, and if you don't Sir, take my earlier advice and euthanize yourself becos any child will be ashamed of having an idle jobless and pathetic online troll as a father.
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2018
kunmiiii:

Sir Father, what astonishes me is your brazen courage to admit you're old enough to be a father, see person papa wey dey troll on social media. Like u said u are old enough but not matured enough to be a father Sir. see how long it took me to reply, that's becos I do have a job other than trolling and spewing hate filled bigotry messages on social media. Pls Father get a job or better still get a life and leave the trolling to your kids If you have one, and if you don't Sir, take my earlier advice and euthanize yourself becos any child will be ashamed of having an idle jobless and pathetic online troll as a father.
keep your long epistle to yourself and gerrout of my way
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 7:23am On Jul 06, 2018
Sirjamo:
Is it that useless white solid stone that looks like solidified cocaine that you call akpu you want him to eat!
he he he he swear with the lives of ur useless owambe poverty ridden family that the white solid stone is not their Daily morning breakfast, habitual idiot I rather starves than to eat that unhygienic watery greenish poo prepared with 1bag of pepper and dirty toilet broom

1 Like

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by Sirjamo: 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
he he he he swear with the lives of ur useless owambe poverty ridden family that the white solid stone is not their Daily morning breakfast, habitual idiot I rather starves than to eat that unhygienic watery greenish poo prepared with 1bag of pepper and dirty toilet broom
I can see that you are sniffing the white substance, I don't have your time, go and wake your ancestors with bicycle kicks.
Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by LaudableXX: 6:09pm On Jul 08, 2018
wildcatter23:
It's this kind of thinking that's holding Africa back. How old were the following when they conquered their world, Bill Gates, Mark zuckerberg, Jerry Yang and David Filo, Evan Spiegel, Scott Duncan, Nathan Blecharczyk?

Bill Gates, owner of Microsoft, David Filo and Jerry Yang, founders of Yahoo, were under 30 when they became billionaires.

It's preposterous, that young people would possess such backward thinking. The President of France is 40years. Born December 27, 1977 when Mr President was petroleum minister, still today 40years after the same group of persons are still clutching to power. What has the knowledge, intelligence, accountability, integrity and ability done and bought us in this present dispensation from these individuals in power from time
past? Bringing the governor of Kofi to buttress your point is lame. How about those people in power since our independence? Are not they are still holding on and in the corridors of power? What dynamic change has their collective tenure bought us?

If you do lack confidence in yourself that is fine but for posterity, the senior citizens are supposed to guide the younger generation in the administration of affairs not cling on power till death do they part. That's perception is peculiar to Africa.

Secondly, it's not able Kogi state Governor, it's about the younger generation taking their future in their hands. It's not going to be smooth sailing but it sure would be better than what's on ground

And it is your kind of thinking that has landed many people in a mess, today. sad Age (whether young or old) is NOT synonymous with integrity, excellence, performance and competence. If it was, then all young people would be super-smart high-flyers, and all old people would be f00ls or retar'ds. And we all know that is not the case. undecided For every young person you mentioned up there, there are also older people who have done just as well in their respective fields. In Nigeria, there are many young armed robbers, yahoo-yahoo fraudsters, hackers and assassins. How come you have not touted their youth as an indication of their ability to excel in crime?

Your spiel about 'Bill Gates, Mark zuckerberg, Jerry Yang and David Filo, Evan Spiegel, Scott Duncan, Nathan Blecharczyk' does not prove anything. They excelled because of their talent and competence, and NOT because of their youth. There are many talentless, clueless young non-achievers around, the same way you have high achievers who are young.

Even the newspaper clipping attached to your post was taken from a 1977 publication, printed almost 40 years ago, buttresses my point! shocked It showed a picture of Buhari who was just 34 years old then, and was serving as Chairman of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) that was just created in 1977 from the old Nigerian National Oil Corporation (NNOC)- a position he held until 1978. He was also Commissioner for Petroleum and Natural Resources at that time, yet under his watch back then fuel scarcity almost crippled economic activities nationwide. undecided

During Buhari's tenure as Commissioner for Petroleum and Natural Resources, 2.8 billion US dollars also allegedly went missing from the accounts of the NNPC in Midlands Bank in the United Kingdom, while fuel scarcity took centre stage under his watch that year. angry Why did he not use his 'youth' at that time, to wave a magic wand and put an end to the scarcity, in addition to preventing the money from going missing? shocked The same young Buhari had earlier served as Governor of the old North-Eastern State, under the administration of the late General Murtala Muhammed before becoming a Commissioner, under OBJ in 1977.

Even though the late Justice Ayo Gabriel Irikefe tribunal exonerated him from the scandal then, former President Ibrahim Babangida still allegedly accused Buhari of being responsible for this fraud, a few years later..... what did Buhari say?

Harland David Sanders was an American businessman, best known for setting up the fast food chicken restaurant chain called Kentucky Fried Chicken. sad He did not achieve success in his field until he was well into his sixties. A lot of Nobel Prize winners are not young. If youth was a criteria for excellence, many of them would never have made the list. undecided

1 Like

Re: President Emmanuel Macron Speaks Pidgin English Better Than Some Nigerians by chiedozie198100: 8:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
IWealthCreator:

Your opinion is food for thought, but alternatively he might have been advised not to give the terrorist any form of international publicity. Terrorist organisation such as ISIS, feed on international media exposure, comment from an important personality such as the president of France are the kind of publicity they are always seeking for.

but when it happened in his country pessin no hear word for like three months.

hmmmm.......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National Grid Collapse: Pictures Of The Sabotaged Transmission Tower. / Senate President: Tambuwal, Orji Uzor Kalu Visit Yari After Defeat / EndSARS: Police Arrests 229 Arsonists, Hoodlums In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.