Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' (18492 Views)

Youths Protest Against Demands To Scrap NYSC / Husband Of Murdered Corper Stephanie Se-ember Terungwa Arrested By Police / Nigerians React As Corps Member Blesses Corn Seller With Gift And Cash In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by graphiti: 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
Unsad:
how's NYSC the problem here ? some of y'all are sick upstairs
How I wish "some" has plural!
As in, I don't get it. What has an imbecilic policeman's act got to do with scrapping nysc?
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by aforosco(m): 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
It does! If she was not serving, she probably wouldn't be in Abj or even be out late to celebrate POP!

It is a pity people think like this.She is a night person even if she was not serving she would have kept late for one reason or the other like birthday party. I am sad that she is dead but NYSC have nothing i mean not even a connection to this.She was not on NYSC assignment or whatever

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by GavelSlam: 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
phr33man:
NYSC shouldn't be scrapped o. That allowee is something for some people like me who started biz with what I gathered during my service year.

I see the scheme as an opener to opportunities in rural areas for some of us who were born in cities. I'm a living testimony of this.

Besides, objectives of the scheme been achieved or not depends on the individual. To me, it's achieved.

That culprit (police officer) must be charged for murder. It's quite unfortunate for the lady.

May her soul rest in perfect peace and her sins forgiven

The fact is, you knew what you set out to achieve with the NYSC.

Most of those asking for its scrapping are people who wouldn't know what to do if a million Bitcoins were handed to them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Chrixtopha(m): 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
NYSC is a good structure in this nation but needs to be restructured and not scrapped
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by jattopeter(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
In Abuja 7 of policemen were killed , few days later an armless lady was killed Corper . If they are that strong where were they when those people attacked? This is Nigeria where every body is criminal. You dont need prophet to tell you before you know that the country it self is hot. Please let us becareful the country is not friendly.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by naturefellow(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
dominique:
What has NYSC got to do with this?

Did she get stopped by cops because she was a corper?
Was she shot because because she was a corner?
Was she refused treatment because she was a corper?

How EXACTLY is this NYSC's fault?
please talk some sense to these folks! Nigerians can be very sentimental. I only see two parties at fault in this matter. The deceased (RIP) and her companions, and the hospital that refused to attend to her after being shot. The trigger-happy cop is not exonerated here as well, but c'mon this is Nigeria and we all know that they (including SARS) are public enemies, and what they're capable of!!!

Now, it's just funny how NYSC and its Scrapping is dragged into the matter by Nigerians. There is no responsibility NYSC has in this mata.
From the backstory, we can gather that...
1. The tragedy didn't occur during official working hours of a Corp member. It occurred in the wee hours of the night (3am), and in a location that cannot be described as a Corp member's PPA.
2. The deceased (or any of her companions) were not in any clothing that would identify her as a Corper to security operatives. Not even a head dress (cap).
3. As a Corper, you have no reason to be scared of/or evade security operatives in Nigeria. Instead, you are more likely to get favours on identification. (speaking from experience). Except of course you're not clean!

Now who's to blame here, with the observations made above... ? Hospital police report Mata sef for no dey if this girl and her padi been park well for police. Let's be objective abeg!!!

Lessons:
1. Watch your company!
2. Always carry a valid means of identification
3. Never run or drive away from gun-totting security operatives, especially at their checkpoint. You'd be mistaken for a criminal and very likely fired at or chased.
4. Avoid late nights!!

May her gentle soul RIP!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
Metuh:

As in en.... A lot of Nigerians are just too dull.

Some were even suggesting that we should leave protest and start praying for God to come down and confront the government on our behalf. grin. Chai

Oh nooo, did anyone really say that. How far can we go with our stupidity and selfishness. So God is now the one to fight for us, and hopefully flush out the governments we installed ourselves. Oh nooo , please I want to leave Nigeria already.

The only way is to protest, knock senses Into them, because God and his angels won't do that for us(I don't even believe in that).

Africans , I'm weeping for you. Nigeria, I'm ashamed of you.

A young promising girl just lost her life after years of struggling to pull through and one day live happily with the feeling of fulfillment, only for one idiot to cut her short, and we are not doing anything cry cry cry .
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by omoadeleye(m): 12:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
I am depress I 1t 2 die BT I don't HV d mind. I wish this type of police can shoot me nw

is not easy, just stay strong by thinking positive
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by khalids: 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
Wow...it appears our youths are getting dumber by the day....what has NYSC got to do with her shooting....

It appears we are producing youths that go to school but are not getting educated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by thunderbabs: 12:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
This country is just phucked uppp, dammmn.

Herdsmen no kill this one, na Nigeria Police, Policceee for nothing.... Crazy country.

Only God cares for me in this country.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by chiedu7: 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
b3llo:
lie!!! While I was serving in Ondo, most schools depend on corpers for cheap labour

Those cheap labour na Southerners.
We can look after ourselves, the Northerners need us.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by zamony: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
After your NYSC and you are looking for job, they will ask you whether you have 2-5yrs experience before you get the job.. All graduating students should go for I. T to have a good experience instead of the NYSC...NYSC should be scrap.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by sammirano: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
They should scrap it oo. One year of imprisonment, with no form of protection. Even if hospitals don't treat gun shots wound without a report, there should be exceptions for serving corps.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by enemyofprogress: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
tank u sir
you're welcome
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Samiceman: 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
But her's was preventable
Yes, could've been prevented if she hadn't gone to school, it could have been prevented if she hadn't gone out late that night, it could also had been prevented if she had stopped at the checkpoint. There are lots of variables. I am not blaming her for her death, but blaming the program isn't the right way to go
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by FaceThem: 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
I HATE NYSC, NOTHING TO ENJOY FROM IT, THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T APPLY FOR IT.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by Skmoda360(m): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
joelison:
Police report is no longer needed to institute treatment for a gunshot injury. The hospital should be sued for ignorance
They need to be sued mehn!!!.....why I'm I yelling?
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by obi58: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
But her's was preventable

You're still talking?

Someone is trying to minister sense to you abeg listen!

Person reach checkpoint no gree stop one foolish trigger happy idiot shoot am how that one take be NySC fault?

Na NYSC ask am not to stop? na NYSC choose posting to abj for her? Na NYSC give am car to drive?

Abeggiiii park well

It could have been prevented by so many things. Maybe choosing to stay home, get posted to a different state, stop at the checkpoint, etc etc

The focus now should be on the police who are not there to secure us from herdsmen and kidnappers but will be there to shed innocent blood and not on the NYSC.

All the same may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by obi58: 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
sammirano:
They should scrap it oo. One year of imprisonment, with no form of protection. Even if hospitals don't treat gun shots wound without a report, there should be exceptions for serving corps.

Grow up
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by obi58: 1:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
[quote author=khalids post=69104533]Wow...it appears our youths are getting dumber by the day....what has NYSC got to do with her shooting....

It appears we are producing youths that go to school but are not getting educated[/quote

Imagine someone blaming NYSC for someone who chose to leave her house to celebrate and refused to stop at a checkpoint (if the stories we heard of how the incident transpired are true)

Truly we are really producing uneducated youths who cheat their way through school and expect life to be handed over to them on a platter of gold. Na now I dey understand why PMB calls them lazy Nigerian youths
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 1:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
obi58:

You're still talking?

Someone is trying to minister sense to you abeg listen!

Person reach checkpoint no gree stop one foolish trigger happy idiot shoot am how that one take be NySC fault?

Na NYSC ask am not to stop? na NYSC choose posting to abj for her? Na NYSC give am car to drive?

Abeggiiii park well

It could have been prevented by so many things. Maybe choosing to stay home, get posted to a different state, stop at the checkpoint, etc etc

The focus now should be on the police who are not there to secure us from herdsmen and kidnappers but will be there to shed innocent blood and not on the NYSC.

All the same may her soul rest in peace.
U don talk finish?

Oya clap for yourself u don talk well.. undecided
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by obi58: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
U don talk finish?

Oya clap for yourself u don talk well.. undecided

Yimu tongue
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by gearent360: 2:02pm On Jul 05, 2018
In developed Countries, their Hospitals do normally treat gunshot victims but, Wil most likely cuff them to the bed and release them after getting police clearance.
But the case 4 Naija is different nah, we have over Sabi Police men
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
obi58:

Yimu tongue
Yimu+2 tongue
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 2:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
9japarrot:

Can you speak out what actually is the cause of your depression?
I invest my hole money and government HV ban d business
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by 9japarrot: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
I invest my hole money and government HV ban d business

so sorry about that bro.. Shit happens and its never the end of the road trust me..

Also you didn't follow guidelines for investing , if not you won't have put in every penny you got without having something on ground to fall back to,in case things goes the other way..

Mind me asking what type of business what's it?
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by sammirano: 2:51pm On Jul 05, 2018
obi58:

Grow up

And you need to have your head checked.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by JastSiryin(m): 2:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
Bhelamblog:
A very sad news hit the Internet yesterday, I Was even Sleeping when the news broke, Someone was buzzing my phone to break the News for me.
Now A young lady with a promising future was shot and killed by a Police officer named Benjamin Peters, The lady, Linda Nkechi was preparing for her POP as she was set to pass out until her untimely death....

Reports Says she was rushed to the Hospital, But they refused treating Because she had no Police report, They watched her bled to her death.

And while the Parents are taking up the case in Court already, Some Angry Nigerians has been reacting to the heartbreaking news on twitter calling on Federal Government to scrap NYSC.

See below!

From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/07/scrap-nysc-now-angry-nigerians-reacts.html

Una just dey waste typing space. The death of commoners doesn't bring change in this country but that of leaders.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by anuel4luv(m): 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
emmy9500:
Please stop blaming the police, we all know they act like fools sometimes but when u don't stop at a police check point I don't think he is wrong to open fire, if you are not a criminal then u should stop. I blame the driver and the hospital.

I felt deeply pained enough to write again on NL after a very long time just because of what you wrote.
If it were your sister, I'm sure you'd have had a different perspective about the incident.
In any sane country in the world, you just don't shoot at people just because they failed to stop at a check point.
Have a great day.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by haryorbarmie83(m): 4:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
Those calling for scrap of NYSC don't have geniue certificate. NYSC can't be scrap.
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by obi58: 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2018
sammirano:

And you need to have your head checked.

Child
Re: Nigerians React To Igwetu Linda Nkechi Shot Dead By Police: 'Scrap NYSC Now' by mvem(m): 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Biko scrap NYSC
..bro its police that killed her not nysc..she could have been anyone...mother, trader, civil servant, whatever...its not that she was an nysc member that's why she was killed....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians React On Twitter As NYSC Portal Frustrates Them / NYSC 2015 Batch B Registration Details / Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.