Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

D Banj Set To Become The Richest African Musician Dead Or Alive - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D Banj Set To Become The Richest African Musician Dead Or Alive (38671 Views)

Nkem Owoh (osuofia)dead Or Alive. / Most Popular Nigerians In The World (dead Or Alive) / 2Pac's Grave Found: Is He Dead or Alive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D Banj Set To Become The Richest African Musician Dead Or Alive by stlimivin: 12:57pm On Jun 09, 2010
Nigerian musical superstar, D’Banj is in the process of finalizing a major international record contract.
The source is a staff of one of the major international labels, here is his/her account of events:

“It was during a meeting at the record label that I work with (One of the largest international record labels), this particular meeting is a weekly meeting to review new and potential signings. I reviewed the items on the agenda and suddenly I saw the name D’Banj. I was like ah na our boy?! (Didn’t say that out loud though…hehe). The VP leading the meeting led us through how he “discovered” D’Banj at a recent event in LA. From the figures they mentioned, our boy is getting major $$$ for him and million dollar budget for promotion and artist development – the plan is to give him a major international push. Even compared to what they offer ‘urban’ stars, the contract is way above that. Very major! I was proud o”

There you have it! Congrats to D’Banj!
In addition to this good news, D’Banj will be starring in the Broadway musical version of Fela! The Musical. From the available information, the show will be touring around the world soon and D’Banj will play the lead during this tour.
Very exciting
http://www.coverfame.com/content/d%E2%80%99banj-%E2%80%9Csigns-million-dollar-international-record-deal%E2%80%9D-set-play-fela

1 Like

Re: D Banj Set To Become The Richest African Musician Dead Or Alive by stlimivin: 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2010
who can contest i can bet he is going for a private jet
Re: D Banj Set To Become The Richest African Musician Dead Or Alive by Truejenny: 9:21am On Jun 04, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]peter nd Paul already gat a private jet i fink u D'banj should get 1 ua self..
Re: D Banj Set To Become The Richest African Musician Dead Or Alive by slimming: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
Musicians are making it big this day.

(1) (Reply)

Comedian AY At Arsenal FC Emirates Stadium Over The Weekend [PICS] / Anita Joseph: 'My Boyfriend Feels Jealous When I Kiss & Cuddle In Movies' / Rahama Sadau Shares Footage From Hollywood Studio [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.