Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? (2317 Views)

The Rise Of Christianity. The Misunderstanding Of Emperor Constantine / The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) / The Real History Of Christianity - Was The Crucifixion A Hoax? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by misright(f): 6:22pm On Mar 24, 2007
I'm personally a Baptist myself, but Catholics believe in the same thing, it/s just their culture that's different. So why aren't we all united under one religion? We all believe in the same thing dont we?

Is it all the reformation's fault basically? (ie Protestant religions) came about. They all spilt from the Catholic Church, around the 1500's if I remember currently.

Maybe beliefs!!
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by 9ja4eva: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2007
Still yet to find out.
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by Backslider(m): 7:59pm On Mar 24, 2007
@ Misright

One of the greatest Falsehood that any man can expound is that we are Under one man's Doctrine or Umbrella even if the umbrella is false doctrine. There should be a Doctrinal Like mindedness, but this like mindedness should be based on scripture.

There are so many Falsehoods in catholicism and I can say with all authority that it is a complete distortion of the truth. I believe that There is lot of Paganism in their worship. There is no biblical backing for saying Mother of God pray for Us.

There are half truths and complete lies that have been made for their worship. They practice Demonic worship as they have Images that point to this.

I and other people that hold this position however are not much so please I am not going to be surprised if you feel that there are lot of Sincere people worshiping this way. I can only say these people are sincerely (like Muslim) worshiping what they know but They are sincerely going to hell.

Facts
1) It is identified 51 prominent Catholic shrines and pilgrimage centers.

2) Catholics pray repetitive words with Rosary Beads that were first invented in 1090 AD, by "Peter the Hermit" and made popular by St. Dominic in 1208 AD. Catholics believe that Mary appeared to St. Dominic in 1208 AD, at the church of Prouille and revealed the Rosary Beads to him. From this time, Catholics prayed 15 sets of 10 consecutive "hail Marys" in a row (150 times), in the Rosary. However, in 2003 AD, Pope John Paul added a new set of Mysteries, so now it is 20 sets of 10 "Hail Marys", (200 times in the Rosary, in total.) Catholics will vainly appeal to Psalm 136 that alternates the same phrase 26 times with 26 different blessings God gives us. It is not 26 in a row as with the rosary! This is also a song, not a prayer. Revelation 4:8 has "angels singing" not "men praying". (This is a Copy from ISLAM I guess THEY WERE FASCINATED AT ISLAM)

3) Roman Catholics are taught the virgin Mary never had sex after Jesus was born and that Jesus had no brothers and sisters. The Pope teaches that Mary is the mediator between God and man. Catholics also engage in more praising of Mary than Jesus Christ himself and actually pray to her to have their prayers answered. Rosary Beads graphically represent how Roman Catholics heap 10 times more praise upon Mary than God himself. Of the 59 total beads of the Rosary, 53 beads are "Hail Marys", but only 6 beads are "Our Father". The Rosary most often ends with a "Hail, Holy Queen" prayer to Mary, not God. (This one is The reformed Worship of the QUEEN OF HEAVEN) This teaching is found in ISLAM BUT THEY HID IT AWAY.

4) Purgatory is believed by Roman Catholics, and very few other Christians, to be a location or state where the souls of most individuals go at the time of death. It has traditionally been viewed as a place of torment, where "nearly all of us shall, have to pass a period more or less long in the excruciating fires of Purgatory after death." 2 Gregory the Great wrote "that the pain be more intolerable than any one can suffer in this life" Augustine 3 and St. Bonaventure 4 agree. The purpose of this pain is to cleanse the individual from the temporal consequences of her or his sins while on earth. Eventually, the person will be eligible to be transferred to Heaven.

5. All Christians are saints
The Pope says only very special dead Catholic people qualify to be called "saints". For example, Pope John Paul II could not make Mother Teresa a saint (official canonization) until after she was dead. The average Catholic in the pew is never called a "saint" dead or alive! In fact if a pew dwelling Catholic started calling himself a "saint", he would be rebuked by the parish priest! If you read through Islam you will see similarities Where a man that blows up himself is Regarded Highly (Shah id) than even a Muslim that lives a pious life and Never Killed.

6. All Christians are priests
The Pope decided to reserve the title of "priest" to worn by church leaders only. The average pew dwelling Catholic never refer to themselves as "priests". In fact if a lay Catholic started calling himself a "priest", he would be rebuked by "the parish Priest"!

Observance of special days condemned

7) The Roman Catholic church has invented an entire yearly calendar of non Biblical holy Days like Lent, Easter, Christmas.
Historical note: No one prior to 335 AD celebrated the birthday of Jesus. The word "Christmas" (Christ + Mass) was first used in 1038 AD. Before 335 AD, the pagan cult of Mithra, the Iranian "god of light", had long celebrated December 25 as Mithra’s birthday. December 21, being the winter solace, marked the beginning of days with increasing amount of light, hence December 25 celebrated Mithra’s triumph over darkness. Because the pagan festival that celebrated Mithra’s birthday was so popular, the Roman Catholic church adopted the day, but changed the meaning from the birthday of Mithra, the "god of light", to Christ’s birthday, God the son, "light of the world". The old meaning of December 25 was connected with Mithra’s triumph over physical darkness. The new meaning celebrated Jesus triumph over spiritual darkness. Eventually Christmas became dominant, the Mithra cult went extinct and today this origin is not widely known among Roman Catholics. None of the apostles or the early church celebrated the birthday of Jesus.

I would have loved to bring more to your attention but I think i will stop here.

The CATHOLIC FAITH IS ONE THAT HAS COMPLETELY BACKSLIDEN FROM THE TRUTH OF THE HOLY BIBLE IT IS THERE FOR YOU TO SEE IN THE SCRIPTURE.

THE POPE IS A FALSE PROPHET AND HE WILL DO THE WILL OF HIS FATHER SATAN.
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by 9ja4eva: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2007
Ha i heard abt dt POPE thing oh bt its best to be quiet.
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by BernieBoy(m): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2007
I love your styl 9ja4eva, but what happened to the Pope if @ all he didnt do a thing??
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by 9ja4eva: 3:31am On Mar 27, 2007
I heard some jist and stuff abt him bt den like i said its best to not be a judge.If he didnt do anything dts fine for him too.Wat u tink?
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by jagunlabi(m): 9:36am On Mar 27, 2007
The situation has always been like that since the early days of christianity.While concerted effort was made to unify christianity under one single doctrine - which resulted in catholicism(and a whole lot of bloodletting and bookburning) - things have turned around in full circle and christianity has returned to it's early form,rich diversity.
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by 9ja4eva: 9:45am On Mar 27, 2007
Hmm
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by Seun(m): 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2007
It's because the bible can be interpreted in so many incompatible ways.
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by 9ja4eva: 2:53am On Apr 01, 2007
Yeah.Well only God knows.
Re: Why Are There So Many Types Of Christianity? by oaroloye(m): 5:27am On Sep 18, 2016
SHALOM!

misright:
I'm personally a Baptist myself, but Catholics believe in the same thing, it/s just their culture that's different. So why aren't we all united under one religion? We all believe in the same thing dont we?

Is it all the reformation's fault basically? (ie Protestant religions) came about. They all spilt from the Catholic Church, around the 1500's if I remember currently.

Maybe beliefs!!

Use yourself as an example!

You are a BAPTIST- which is a FRONT for FREEMASONRY.

YOU PRETEND that Protestant Churches "split from the Roman Catholic Church," which is not possible.

Only the LUTHERAN Church can be said to split from the Roman Catholic Church- which was FAKE, because, if it were REAL, Martin Luther would have simply been assassinated; End of Problem.

I heard that his own mother asked if she should renounce Roman Catholicism- but Martin Luther would not let her.

. MATTHEW 7:12-29.

12. "Therefore all things whatsoever ye would
that men should do to you, do ye even so to them:
for this is The Law and The Prophets."
13. "Enter ye in at the Strait Gate:
for Wide is the Gate, and Broad is the Way,
that leadeth to Destruction,
and many there be which go in thereat:
14. "Because Strait is the Gate, and Narrow is The Way,
which leadeth unto Life, and few there be that find it.
15. "Beware of False Prophets,
which come to you in sheep's clothing,
but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16. "Ye shall know them by their Fruits.
Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17. "Even so every good tree bringeth forth Good Fruit;
but a corrupt tree bringeth forth Evil Fruit.
18. "A Good Tree cannot bring forth Evil Fruit,
neither can a Corrupt Tree bring forth Good Fuit.
19. "Every Tree that bringeth not forth Good Fruit
is hewn down, and cast into The Fire.
20. "Wherefore by their Fruits ye shall know them.
21. "Not every one that saith unto me, 'Lord, Lord,'
shall enter into The Kingdom of Heaven;
but he that doeth The Will of my Father Which is in Heaven.
22. "Many will say to me in That Day,

'LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT
PROPHESIED IN THY NAME?
AND IN THY NAME
HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS?
AND IN THY NAME
DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?'

23. "And then will I profess unto them,

'I NEVER KNEW YOU:
DEPART FROM ME,
YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.'

24. "Therefore whosoever heareth
these Sayings of mine, and doeth them,
I will liken him unto a Wise Man,
which built his House upon a Rock:
25. "And the rain descended, and the floods came,
and the winds blew, and beat upon that House;
and it Fell not: for it was founded upon a Rock.
26. "And every one that heareth
these Sayings of mine, and doeth them not,
shall be likened unto a Foolish Man,
which built his house upon the Sand:
27. "And the rain descended, and the floods came,
and the winds blew, and beat upon that House;
and it Fell: and Great was The Fall of it."
28. And it came to pass,
when Jesus had ended these Sayings,
the People were astonished at his Doctrine:
29. For he Taught them as One having Authority,
and not as the scribes.

THERE ARE DIFFERENT CHURCHES, BECAUSE THEY DO NOT AGREE ON HOW TO DISOBEY YAHSHUA.

You are probably a Roman Catholic Undercover Agent yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Are All Muslims Going To Hell? / Beware Of Contaminated Anointing / Twelve Year-old With Atheist Mom Paints Shocking Pictures Of Jesus [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.