Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears (4012 Views)

Trachings Getting Truly Cherish Religiously Based / The Man Who Wears Make-up Perfectly Than Most Women / Buy Original American Ladies Wears,bags, Accessories E.t.c At Angels Boutique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 11, 2010
No power and will to do them in Nigeria.So sad!
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by eldee(m): 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2010
Fhemmmy:

We all do, but we could all find a way to develop ours too

When it gets developed, we will buy.
People buy stuff from popular Nigerian designers don't they??

Why should I be the one wearing crappy stuff to 'be Nigerian'??

Even in the UK, French/Italian shoes are known for their quality, so forget that side about 'inferiority complex' thingy, it's getting boring.
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by member479760: 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2010
Simply and cheap
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by mamagee3(f): 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
Cause they are better quality than the ones that's being sold back home.
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Fhemmmy: 12:41am On Jun 12, 2010
eldee:

When it gets developed, we will buy.
People buy stuff from popular Nigerian designers don't they??

Why should I be the one wearing crappy stuff to 'be Nigerian'??

Even in the UK, French/Italian shoes are known for their quality, so forget that side about 'inferiority complex' thingy, it's getting boring.

I guess this explains why people would buy at "bend down" boutique all in the names of buying brand names that they cant afford?
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Chestan(m): 12:58am On Jun 12, 2010
cos we think they are the best
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Fhemmmy: 2:56am On Jun 12, 2010
Chestan:

cos we think they are the best

You mean it is just a thot and not a fact . . . . ?
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by eldee(m): 2:15pm On Jun 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I guess this explains why people would buy at "bend down" boutique all in the names of buying brand names that they cant afford?

Yeah . . . everyone knows that in Nigeria, second hand shoes are of better quality than the home-made ones.
If you can't afford a new Emporio Armani wristwatch, get a secondhand one, it'll serve you better than a new one from Aba.
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by davidif: 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Cos we never appreciate anything that is ours.
We never appreciate our own women
Never appreciates our own men
Never appreciate our own education
Never appreciate our own "anything"
That is why even some stinking indians will get into a nite clubs in Nija before a clean shaved Nija man.

Design a cloth in Ibadan and label it "Made in USA" and see how it will fly off the shelves

So wearing poor quality clothes is being patriotic abi?? Forgive me for being a "slave" to the white man for desiring better quality product. Thanks for "enlightening" us brother, and saving us free from the "shackles of mental slavery".
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Fhemmmy: 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2010
eldee:

Yeah . . . everyone knows that in Nigeria, second hand shoes are of better quality than the home-made ones.
If you can't afford a new Emporio Armani wristwatch, get a secondhand one, it'll serve you better than a new one from Aba.

Interesting
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Fhemmmy: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2010
davidif:

So wearing poor quality clothes is being patriotic abi?? Forgive me for being a "slave" to the white man for desiring better quality product. Thanks for "enlightening" us brother, and saving us free from the "shackles of mental slavery".

Remember all these started from talking about how we need to try and improve our own quality and not just thrashing it.
If Italy never worked on improving the quality of their leather, there wont be Italian shoes.
Talking of quality, what is quality when you talking about China made stuff, and i at least hope you are aware that most of the great things we use and buy are all China Made, what made them to be different? Was cos the manufacturers invested in what will make it to be better and stand out.
So when do we get off just buying and consuming and be the one that will manufacture and sell to the world?
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by davidif: 12:57am On Jun 13, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Remember all these started from talking about how we need to try and improve our own quality and not just thrashing it.
If Italy never worked on improving the quality of their leather, there wont be Italian shoes.
Talking of quality, what is quality when you talking about China made stuff, and i at least hope you are aware that most of the great things we use and buy are all China Made, what made them to be different? Was cos the manufacturers invested in what will make it to be better and stand out.
So when do we get off just buying and consuming and be the one that will manufacture and sell to the world?

Look son, competition is good for the market place, it gives customers a wide array of choices. Isn't that what capitalism is all about? If Nigerian manufacturers can't compete then they deserve to go bankrupt afterall "if you can't stand the heat then you should leave the kitchen". Why should i waste my money on a product that would hardly last all in the name of waiting for naija to "improve" or develop? Thank goodness for globalization, at least customers now have a wide pool to select from. When naija manufacturers are ready to play with the big boys and up there standards then i would buy but in the mean time, let me continue scouring the globe looking quality products.
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Fhemmmy: 3:12am On Jun 13, 2010
I laff in japanese.
If you noticed, i never said, dont buy foreign, all i am saying is that, we need to find a way to see development and taste it.

. . . . . . Aiight, Dad
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by davidif: 3:33am On Jun 13, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I laff in japanese.
If you noticed, i never said, dont buy foreign, all i am saying is that, we need to find a way to see development and taste it.

. . . . . . Aiight, Dad

I don't understand son.
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by ifele(m): 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2010
One black dude from Ondo said in 2001 in Lagos or some place some black dudes were going to beat people because they were wearing European

clothes.
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by ifele(m): 10:00pm On Jun 13, 2010
Is this true?
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Fhemmmy: 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2010
ifele:

Is this true?

What part of Canada are you at?
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by harakiri(m): 8:28am On Jun 16, 2010
For different reasons ranging from style/class to inferiority complex/slave mentality!
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by Fhemmmy: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2010
harakiri:

For different reasons ranging from style/class to inferiority complex/slave mentality!

Well said
Re: Why Do We Cherish Foreign Wears by meobizy(f): 11:31pm On Sep 15, 2018
I don't know. I wear anything I feel good in. If I buy clothes from somewhere and they don't last I won't repeat shopping there.
If foreign clothes quarantee quality and longevity then I'm all up for it. The thing I like the most about them is variety.
My natives are sewed in Nigeria, do those count?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Perfume Lasts The Longest And Smells Really Good? / My Eyebrow Transformation Pictures / What The Hell Is He Doing In The Military?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.