Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) (55172 Views)

Martha, The Pregnant Lady Commits Suicide After Husband Caught Her With A Pastor / Man Walks In On His Wife Feeding Her Lover In Their Home (Photo) / Benue Woman Marries Pregnant Lady To Bear Children For Late Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Deltatoto: 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
Megatrix:
A bizarre incident which left residents stunned occurred two weeks ago at Ojodu Street, in the densely populated Ajegunle area of Lagos, after a man, Buraimo Sunday, 30, and his pregnant lover identified simply as Bose, were burnt to death in his apartment.

The live-in lovers said to have been dating for five years, were reportedly planning to solidify their relationship early next year, when the unexpected happened.

The lovebirds were inside their apartment, watching a movie on the television penultimate evening, when a boy reportedly kicked a jerrican half filled with fuel, in the veranda.

The combustive substance spilled on a cooking gas belonging to one of the tenants that was lighted, thereby resulting in an inferno. The fire, according to a tenant, caught the curtains of owner of the gas cooker, spreading to the ceiling, with everyone scurrying out of their apartments for safety.

Crime Alert learned that by the time the lovebirds were alerted, the fire had engulfed the entire passage, with thick smoke billowing.

A resident, who gave his name simply as Simeon, explained that “Sunday made every effort to open the door but its handle was stiff. He went to the burglary proof of the window, shook it vigorously, in an attempt to pull it off, yet it did not give way. We were screaming and encouraging him to pull harder, as we watched them from the window. Two men, who tried to break the burglary proof of the window from outside later, retreated when it became too hot to hold. Even in the face of death, Sunday was begging us to try and save Bose. At a point, Bose began to cough. Sunday held her and bade us good bye, as the fire engulfed them.”

The charred remains of Sunday and Bose were buried next day at Atan Cemetery, Yaba, with residents wailing and giving different accounts as to how tragedy befell the duo.

Some of the tenants who were rendered homeless by the fire lamented their loss but were quick to appreciate God for not losing their lives.

One of them, Johnson, said, “Sunday and Bose could have survived had the door opened when he tried to escape through it. When I heard the explosion, I thought it was from his air conditioner. It was the Divisional Police Officer at Tolu Police Station, CSP Udom, that led a team of policemen to the scene from where he called fire fighters. But by the time they arrived, it was too late.”

Late Sunday’s immediate younger brother, Alfred, explained that the deceased visited his barbing salon same day to have his hair cut.

He said: “He even promised to buy a power generating set for me next day, when I told him the one I was using was borrowed. He did not live to fulfil his promise, no thanks to the fire incident.”

Continuing, the Edo state-born sibling revealed that “as it is now, I am the only surviving child of our parents. Our father died long ago, while our mother travelled to the United States of America 19 years ago. I take solace in my late brother and looked up to him as father. Today, I am fatherless with no brother.”

As if losing a brother was not enough psychological and emotional trauma for Alfred, he revealed that the family of his late brother’s lover were demanding for a proper burial rites for her.

He said: “How can I do such a burial? My brother did not marry her and had no child with her. Besides, they were not married. They met each other back in school and had been living together until tragedy occurred”.

http://www.olufamous.com/2018/07/pregnant-lady-and-her-lover-burnt-to.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+OluFamousBlog+(Olu+Famous+Blog)&m=1

i don’t no why ppl keep fuel at home I buy what my gen can take.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
Fahrenhite:
Chimo...... in igbo women auto tune voice
Don't play with Jesus photo. So, you can't get any other meme?
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Fahrenhite(m): 9:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
Gratefulheart1:

Don't play with Jesus photo. So, you can't get any other meme?

Excuse me first, is it your ancestors that tell you it is Jesus photo? So if Jet li acted passion of the christ part 2 you will say jet li is Jesus?

I can no longer shake my head for people like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
OTEDOLA BRIDGE AGAIN I GUESS
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by mzTarsh(f): 9:50pm On Jul 05, 2018
Sultty:
Stall news
no be only stall na store news
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by ikorodureporta: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
Is dat ojodu or orodu, or ojoku street
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by AnanseK(m): 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
So sad. May the Good Lord have mercy on their souls.

I have noticed the reporting to be much much better than what obtains on usual NL stories. It gives information, circumstances, place, emotions and othe connected facts and opinions.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
I have smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detector and openable burglary bar in my house. Yes, certain dweebs call me Mr. Americana in jest but I sleep well at night knowing I have taken prudent precautions. I even donated smoke detectors to my immediate neighbors wink

In Nigeria, the individual is responsible for his own safety. Sad, but true.

PS: This is probably a face me I slap you set up but for those who are living in other than that, please keep combustible materials in a safe area. Petrol doesn't belong on a verandah and certainly not anywhere where it can be kicked over by any mistake.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Phut(f): 10:43pm On Jul 05, 2018
rayobaba:
Proper burial right my ass. Bone them. They shd go ask buhari for their right. Those people. Make l no call them wetin dey my mind. Their tradition is like cow to Fulani. They shd wise up. Ds is 21st century

Which people? Bose’s people?
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
Fahrenhite:

Excuse me first, is it your ancestors that tell you it is Jesus photo? So if Jet li acted passion of the christ part 2 you will say jet li is Jesus?

It's about making a mockery of the Cross of Christ. Forget about whose pic is used.
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Beey(f): 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
Many people have died in fires because they lacked a way of escape especially in many African homes.The burglary proofing is done in such a way that they cannot escape.It's good to have this in mind when building.Make sure you don't put metal bars or ceiling that would hinder your escape in case of a fire.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
This is so sad... Why? Why? You Sunday and Bose, may your souls rest in perfect peace... cry cry cry
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Lelepeautos(m): 11:56pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hmm.. it's well!
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by donqx: 12:58am On Jul 06, 2018
hmmm
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 06, 2018
"Even in the face of death, Sunday was begging us to try and save Bose. At a point, Bose began to cough. Sunday held her and bade us good bye, as the fire engulfed them.”

cry
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Adukey(f): 5:35am On Jul 06, 2018
Fahrenhite:

As in ehn, I just shake my head for him. See comment "don't play with Jesus photo "warped mentality.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by stephendamsoho: 5:45am On Jul 06, 2018
Fahrenhite:
Chimo...... in igbo women auto tune voice
Hahahaha

it really is autotune

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by okeyfermod(m): 6:08am On Jul 06, 2018
One of the risk of living in an apartment with one exit

post=69116139:
Gory.
Sad.
Sop emotional.
This is just sooo sad.
One of the many sad news we have read in 2 weeks.
God, your protection is all we ask for!
RIP to the dead.
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by ytiyig: 6:19am On Jul 06, 2018
NGO WEBSITE DEVELOPEMEN|T

Get NGO Website At Value You Can Get Anywhere else!

Let’s support you to continue to put smiles on faces....the Digital Way

Get NOW for N19,999!

You also get a FREE Brand Logo plus other incredible add-ons!

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 06, 2018
Fahrenhite:

I already knew that's the shìt you would say thinking you're smart. That's not how Jesus looks like for real but all the same it depicts Jesus, because when you see it, Jesus comes to mind. Especially that pics depicts the cross and some other sacred things, but I know you're lame and shallow enough not to get the point. So, you mean the only good thing you could bring out of the cross depiction is to mock it and change it to a mockery meme?
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2018
1Sharon:

How about this?
Suit yourself
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Fahrenhite(m): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2018
Kennydoc:

It's about making a mockery of the Cross of Christ. Forget about whose pic is used.

Jesus is not the only person to be hung in the cross nether is the cross in the pics the cross of Christ.
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2018
Fahrenhite:

Jesus is not the only person to be hung in the cross nether is the cross in the pics the cross of Christ.

I don't know of any other person that was hanged on the cross, who wore a crown of thorns. There is no such record in history. Moreover, the meme was made with Jesus in mind. That's even what matters more cos God searches the mind.
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Fahrenhite(m): 9:27am On Jul 06, 2018
Kennydoc:

I don't know of any other person that was hanged on the cross, who wore a crown of thorns. There is no such record in history. Moreover, the meme was made with Jesus in mind. That's even what matters more cos God searches the mind.

You have a point in the " crown of thorns" part. but i assure you the meme wasn't intended to mock Jesus, it was intended to express my reaction on reading the post. Either way, i think you have successfully convince me to the fact that the man portrayed to be crucified with thorns in his heads in the pics or any other pics is a representation of the story of Jesus christ. Well done.
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Mekailo(m): 10:53am On Jul 06, 2018
Megatrix:
A bizarre incident which left residents stunned occurred two weeks ago at Ojodu Street, in the densely populated Ajegunle area of Lagos, after a man, Buraimo Sunday, 30, and his pregnant lover identified simply as Bose, were burnt to death in his apartment.

The live-in lovers said to have been dating for five years, were reportedly planning to solidify their relationship early next year, when the unexpected happened.

The lovebirds were inside their apartment, watching a movie on the television penultimate evening, when a boy reportedly kicked a jerrican half filled with fuel, in the veranda.

The combustive substance spilled on a cooking gas belonging to one of the tenants that was lighted, thereby resulting in an inferno. The fire, according to a tenant, caught the curtains of owner of the gas cooker, spreading to the ceiling, with everyone scurrying out of their apartments for safety.

Crime Alert learned that by the time the lovebirds were alerted, the fire had engulfed the entire passage, with thick smoke billowing.

A resident, who gave his name simply as Simeon, explained that “Sunday made every effort to open the door but its handle was stiff. He went to the burglary proof of the window, shook it vigorously, in an attempt to pull it off, yet it did not give way. We were screaming and encouraging him to pull harder, as we watched them from the window. Two men, who tried to break the burglary proof of the window from outside later, retreated when it became too hot to hold. Even in the face of death, Sunday was begging us to try and save Bose. At a point, Bose began to cough. Sunday held her and bade us good bye, as the fire engulfed them.”

The charred remains of Sunday and Bose were buried next day at Atan Cemetery, Yaba, with residents wailing and giving different accounts as to how tragedy befell the duo.

Some of the tenants who were rendered homeless by the fire lamented their loss but were quick to appreciate God for not losing their lives.

One of them, Johnson, said, “Sunday and Bose could have survived had the door opened when he tried to escape through it. When I heard the explosion, I thought it was from his air conditioner. It was the Divisional Police Officer at Tolu Police Station, CSP Udom, that led a team of policemen to the scene from where he called fire fighters. But by the time they arrived, it was too late.”

Late Sunday’s immediate younger brother, Alfred, explained that the deceased visited his barbing salon same day to have his hair cut.

He said: “He even promised to buy a power generating set for me next day, when I told him the one I was using was borrowed. He did not live to fulfil his promise, no thanks to the fire incident.”

Continuing, the Edo state-born sibling revealed that “as it is now, I am the only surviving child of our parents. Our father died long ago, while our mother travelled to the United States of America 19 years ago. I take solace in my late brother and looked up to him as father. Today, I am fatherless with no brother.”

As if losing a brother was not enough psychological and emotional trauma for Alfred, he revealed that the family of his late brother’s lover were demanding for a proper burial rites for her.

He said: “How can I do such a burial? My brother did not marry her and had no child with her. Besides, they were not married. They met each other back in school and had been living together until tragedy occurred”.

http://www.olufamous.com/2018/07/pregnant-lady-and-her-lover-burnt-to.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+OluFamousBlog+(Olu+Famous+Blog)&m=1

like a horror movie,seein death wif one owns eye....Nt our portion baba God.R.I.P n peaceful soul transit
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by CioAngels(f): 11:52am On Jul 06, 2018
Sorry about the your loss, married or not, Bose was pregnant for him which new of. You should have fayher, mother family members you can go to, to see Bose,s family to let them know that you are the only surviving of Sunday and you have nothing to give for burial. Where the extended family fails you plead with your Neighbours to kindly follow you to see them, where that fails too, Alfred, buy kola of maybe, 100 or 200# and let your small friends go with you and let them know that's what you have and that you have come with peace. May your mother remember that she left children behind.
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by CioAngels(f): 11:59am On Jul 06, 2018
Sorry about the your loss, married or not, Bose was pregnant for him which new of. You should have father, mother family members you can go to, to see Bose,s family to let them know that you are the only surviving familyof Sunday and you have nothing to give for burial. Where the extended family fails you plead with your Neighbours to kindly follow you to see them, where that fails too, Alfred, buy kola of maybe,100 or 200# and let your small friends go with you and let them know that's what you have and that you have come with peace. May your mother remembers that she left children behind.
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Kennydoc(m): 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2018
Fahrenhite:

You have a point in the " crown of thorns" part. but i assure you the meme wasn't intended to mock Jesus, it was intended to express my reaction on reading the post. Either way, i think you have successfully convince me to the fact that the man portrayed to be crucified with thorns in his heads in the pics or any other pics is a representation of the story of Jesus christ. Well done.

That was a mature response. Thank God there are still sensible and reasonable people on Nairaland. Keep it up.
Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by 1Sharon(f): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
Kennydoc:

Suit yourself

Or this?

Re: Pregnant Lady And Her Lover Burnt To Death In Lagos (photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 07, 2018
This is why me,:I don't like living in apartments or in a compound together with other tenants. I would rather live in my small bungalow house by my self in my small compound. That way nobody can disturb me and my dogs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Awkward Things Married Women Do That Destroy Their Marriage. / Kids Applied 'Brain' To Retrieve Their Ball From A Pit / Man Reunites With Ex-Girlfriend 2 Years After Forgetting He Impregnated Her. PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.