Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) (59225 Views)

Son Stabs His Mother In Imo, Set Himself On Fire (Disturbing Photos) / Man Caught Defiling A 15-Year-Old Girl In Lagos, Says We Have Enjoyed Ourselves / Picture Of Mechanic Who Butchered His Wife And Set Himself On Fire In Abia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by HENRY940: 5:05pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jodhar:
This is the same thing a man did in Tunisia and the people poured into the streets and brought down the government, that was the beginning of the Arab spring but this is Nigeria, my people will just continue with their miserable lives because nobody wan die. Some will even campaign and vote for our oppressors if they in exchange for a little cash or gift . What a fvcked up country!!

1k5 to be precise

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Deeldorado: 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2018
This was exactly what led to the Arab spring but trust docile Nigerians, the status quo will remain.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Integrafamoo: 5:08pm On Jul 06, 2018
Increase in minimum wage will make it worst for the unemployed. Nigerians should rather fight for reduction in fuel pump price.chai baba![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by PropertyDeals(f): 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
God save us in this country.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by magzey: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
hell direct entrywhy you kill yourself, am sure he is insane. why not go back to your village and farm.life is sweet oooh. Hardship no dey kill grin grin grin grin

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by skymight(m): 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2018
The truth is that i don't need this change again ooooh
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by musa234(m): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nigeria has really turned into a second hell for some persons.. The suffering is just too much.. Are we really cursed as a nation? It has never been this bad walahi!
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by megapriest(m): 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
.....when police arrived they put out the fire
I begi that one na 3rd degree lie
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Chuksmonika(m): 5:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
APC must go..duara should get ready to receive their son come 2019...they have done more harm than good,look at corp members,they havent been paid their june alawi up till now,do they want them to eat sand?
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by GMbuharii: 5:17pm On Jul 06, 2018
LexngtonSteele:

LOL. Thanks i didnt read it. Lemme correct it quickly before it gets to FP and people savage me ruthlessly grin
see ya life,see what you inherited! grin

usmanDanILLITERATE grin grin
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by GMbuharii: 5:19pm On Jul 06, 2018
Theres an easy way out nah,why didnt anybody tell him?
grin Lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by NwaOhafia: 5:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jodhar:
This is the same thing a man did in Tunisia and the people poured into the streets and brought down the government, that was the beginning of the Arab spring but this is Nigeria, my people will just continue with their miserable lives because nobody wan die. Some will even campaign and vote for our oppressors if they in exchange for a little cash or gift. What a fvcked up country!!

Mohamed Bouazizi

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Chuksmonika(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
bus2016:
"He told people who cared to listen that the country was under a spell that cannot be cleansed." I thought as much, how could a country be so rich in mineral resources, and yet her citizens are so poor. It must have been cursed!
nigeria has a problem,but they didn't see it as a problem,b4 apc started solving it as a problem,and they end up creating more problem for the country,what a country,pls we need to find the person that cursed this country,and beg him or her to undo it,so that we can be liberated,cos we cant continue like this
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Xkalaban(m): 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
"The CP has ordered the DPO to investigate and find out who the man is and why he decided to take his life in a most agonising manner."

CP ur still asking why he attempted suicide abi? Abi the crowd didn't tell u he set himself ablaze cos of the unending hardship in Nigeria and the penultimate realization that there isn't any hope for the average Nigerian youth. Oya na, kwantinue asking

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by gboyeng: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
You are on point! Depression is one sickness people don't pay attention to. Lots of people are depressed because of the economic hardship and other factors. This is an indication of the status of the country.

LexngtonSteele:

Everyone has a threshold beyond which they break.

Some it's as "little" as a lover cheating on them...others failing JAMB.

These might sound ridiculous or petty but it's hard to wear their shoes.

Lets just offer our sympathies and move on.

PS - If only he had held on, maybe his breakthrough was just around the corner

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Aboguede(m): 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
Respect to real men, the raising sun shall need men and women like at least 1000000 to do dis for some time according to direction.

By the power in me, I command ur soul to rest and find joy.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by xtervaganza(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
Movic1:
Suicide is a cowards way of quitting. He didn't pass his message well. He should have wrapped Nigeria flag to his body.

After voting buhari you wan run leave us. lol, the people around be like you going no where we go suffer dz suffer 2geda cheesy. Dm pour am Holy water grin
you're an insensitive bastard
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Bianda24: 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2018
LexngtonSteele:

Everyone has a threshold beyond which they break.

Some it's as "little" as a lover cheating on them...others failing JAMB.

These might sound ridiculous or petty but it's hard to wear their shoes.

Lets just offer our sympathies and move on.

PS - If only he had held on, maybe his breakthrough was just around the corner

I agree with you 100 percent. You succinctly explained it. Thanks for that.

However, lets pray that may we not be a victim, it isn't easy to be without money in this country. People will desert you, you will loose self esteem. It's only God that can salvage the situation.

May God help us in this country.

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Sluvist(m): 5:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
Lazy youth.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by GreenArrow2: 5:58pm On Jul 06, 2018
Movic1:
Suicide is a cowards way of quitting. He didn't pass his message well. He should have wrapped Nigeria flag to his body.

After voting buhari you wan run leave us. lol, the people around be like you going no where we go suffer dz suffer 2geda cheesy. Dm pour am Holy water grin

Look at this fool thinking this is funny.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Gentew(m): 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2018
Taich:
I rather kill myself then to set myself ablaze. They should have allowed him to die, who is going to be taking care of him now? who will pay his hospital bills? If he is treated OK, what is he going to be doing once he is discharged from hospital??
What is wrong with the black man
We are black in thinking, action and planning.
We excel in wickedness and every other dark vices we can think of.

This is not an African tinz, it has happened in some of those Asian countries before. He sure passed his msg well.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Awaja(m): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jonathan have destroyed Nigeria.
That’s adesina response soon ,Zoo /animal kingdom.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
magzey:
hell direct entrywhy you kill yourself, am sure he is insane. why not go back to your village and farm.life is sweet oooh. Hardship no dey kill grin grin grin grin
insensitive comment. You know he is going to hell because you are the gate keeper? Don't be silly!
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jumping into lagoon will make it less painful.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by naijacentric(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jodhar:
This is the same thing a man did in Tunisia and the people poured into the streets and brought down the government, that was the beginning of the Arab spring but this is Nigeria, my people will just continue with their miserable lives because nobody wan die. Some will even campaign and vote for our oppressors if they in exchange for a little cash or gift. What a fvcked up country!!
u are right dele giwa even said it nothing surprises nigerians again

2 Likes

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by oruma19: 6:21pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jodhar:
I tot Nigerians dont remember things. We are all cowards, we don't love ourselves in Nigeria. This guys case could have been used as a reason to send the gvt packing, bt Naija pple na fear fear

2 Likes

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 06, 2018
Jodhar:
Seriously fvcked up until we are bold enough to start the revolution... We will continue this way & every child born in this shithole will experience worse from generation to generation!!

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by OdiaI(f): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
Indeed, there is little hope for the common man. However things may be though, look around you, opportunities abound. But not everyone is able to grasp opportunities or should I say we just have varying degree of luck (permit my use of this word).

Like I always say, time and chance happen to all. Patience is what some of us lack
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Inspire06: 6:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
dre11:

http://sunnewsonline.com/man-sets-self-ablaze-says-hardship-in-nigeria-too-much/

its unfortunate. This incident happened three days ago at omole gate.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by ifymadu: 6:51pm On Jul 06, 2018
Was he planning to start Nigeria’s version of the Arab spring? DOA, Nigerians won’t go out to protest.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by ejyko101(m): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2018
How did we get here.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2018
Instead to use that that energy he has to run at the Olympics or something more beneficial like preaching the Gospel to the world .. Because if he can have that courage to burn himself, that man can do a lot of things improving himself, his country and the world... I must say his got an enviable emotional triat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Kidnapper Evans Smiling In Handcuffs As He Arrives Court Today(pics) / Man Caught With Roasted Human Parts In Ogun State (Photos) / Armed Gangsters Rob Homes With POS In Lagos & Ogun During Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.