Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,560 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Refugee Status In Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Refugee Status In Canada (9082 Views)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / The Best Or Easiest Way Of Getting A Resident Status In A Schengen Or EU Country / Out Of Status In Us On F1 Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refugee Status In Canada by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
Greatest Nairalanders,

Please i would like anyone that has more light on the above subject to help me throw more light on it.

What are the advantages and disadvantages for someone in Canada on a Visit.

It could help in a decision right now.

Thanks all
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by TitanMoon: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
You cannot apply for asylum anywhere if that is what you are asking. Nigeria is not at war, nor is it suffering from famine etc.

Any asylum application you make is false and you will be refused and deported.
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Fhemmmy: 2:08am On Jun 11, 2010
However, if you could prove beyond reasonable doubt that you are gay, you will be aiight
Cos they know that Nigeria will sentence you to jail for being gay or lesbian, but be careful, cos you might be told to do a man while they watch . . . Just kidding, but i know few people that have used that to get a stay in Canada.

3 Likes

Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:57am On Jun 11, 2010
The Jos crisis can do it for u
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 12, 2010
Remember we call it aduro overseas, check all on www.touristvisas.info
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Medlabgirl: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2010
@ Everyone; make una no dey foget say no be only we we dey look this place oh! if una expose all d wayo and waka, people still dey we go follow come, and una go spoil show for them! be your brothers keeper abi? na chop make I chop oh! wetin una talk so far na true.

Better way: first find sometin talk wey go make u dey more, extension first. do am again if possible, then find their pikin carry put for house. Fit better pass aduro.

if u mus do aduro, before you reach there, all your tory mus tanda gidigbam. na wetin you begin talk for morning na im you go talk till kingdom come, no change tory o!!! also, all proofs and docs mus dey before you even begin raise hand. also, this matter no be rush oh, at all at all. Take ya time well well. If sabi pray, pray well. Impossible is nothin. take ya time, practice wetin u wan do for mirror. Waka Well

4 Likes

Re: Refugee Status In Canada by oyewolejos(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2010
Medlabgirl:

@ Everyone; make una no dey foget say no be only we we dey look this place oh! if una expose all d wayo and waka, people still dey we go follow come, and una go spoil show for them! be your brothers keeper abi? na chop make I chop oh! wetin una talk so far na true.

Better way: first find sometin talk wey go make u dey more, extension first. do am again if possible, then find their pikin carry put for house. Fit better pass aduro.

if u mus do aduro, before you reach there, all your tory mus tanda gidigbam. na wetin you begin talk for morning na im you go talk till kingdom come, no change tory o!!! also, all proofs and docs mus dey before you even begin raise hand. also, this matter no be rush oh, at all at all. Take ya time well well. If sabi pray, pray well. Impossible is nothin. take ya time, practice wetin u wan do for mirror. Waka Well

I  concur totallyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
U make alot of sense with your post

1 Like

Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Medlabgirl: 6:03pm On Jun 13, 2010
^^ Thanks bro. I came here almost 15 years ago as a single 21 year old girl, with a Resident Permit in my hands from Lagos. People find it incredible, but it was part of a covenant I made with The Most High.
In that time, I have taken a serious interest in immigration matters, and have some pet projects going on them. I see Nigerians who are mostly just regular hardworking joes and janes come here, raise hand and end up doing quite well. I am always one for giving people a chance, and for the most part it is honest people with degrees and even post graduate degrees looking for an opportunity that is sadly lacking at home. I wish the authorities would realize that; but since its hard to sift the good eggs from the bad, I respect their reservations.
In the meantime, I say good luck to the honest ones, and to those planning a life of crime, may the God that holds the keys to every border keep you locked in Nigeria, Amen grin

3 Likes

Re: Refugee Status In Canada by oyewolejos(m): 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2010
Medlabgirl:

^^ Thanks bro. I came here almost 15 years ago as a single 21 year old girl, with a Resident Permit in my hands from Lagos. People find it incredible, but it was part of a covenant I made with The Most High.
In that time, I have taken a serious interest in immigration matters, and have some pet projects going on them. I see Nigerians who are mostly just regular hardworking joes and janes come here, raise hand and end up doing quite well. I am always one for giving people a chance, and for the most part it is honest people with degrees and even post graduate degrees looking for an opportunity that is sadly lacking at home. I wish the authorities would realize that; but since its hard to sift the good eggs from the bad, I respect their reservations.
In the meantime, I say good luck to the honest ones, and to those planning a life of crime, may the God that holds the keys to every border keep you locked in Nigeria, Amen grin

I really like your reply.I love to see Nigerians over here doing good esp in US and Canada but most of the Nigerians who are coming in always think all that glitters is Gold.Too much of MTV has changed their orientation.Abroad generally is not a bed of roses u still need to struggle to make ends meet, the only difference here is that your hardwork will pay off unlike what is obtained in Nigeria.
Canada is a big and good country that u can climb up the ladder to be whatever u wanna be.

1 Like

Re: Refugee Status In Canada by 2Rich4U(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2010
However, if you could prove beyond reasonable doubt that you are gay, you will be aiight
Cos they know that Nigeria will sentence you to jail for being gay or lesbian, but be careful, cos you might be told to do a man while they watch . . .  Just kidding, but i know few people that have used that to get a stay in Canada.

Na wa o --- grin
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Anazp: 12:54pm On Jul 12, 2013
wat is dis
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Whitemagic: 2:10am On Dec 09, 2020
Medlabgirl:
Wow its been 10 years since u wrote this... Are you still on nairaland?
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Cousin9999: 8:26am On Dec 09, 2020
You could claim you're gay or tranny. lol
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Richdee1(m): 11:15am On Dec 09, 2020
Cousin9999:
You could claim you're gay or tranny. lol

Stop waking up dead threads
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Jmkeniayo: 5:06am On Jan 05, 2021
Can someone suffering Marital problem immigrate to Canada by Refugee
Re: Refugee Status In Canada by Rotimi2705: 12:06am On Jan 12, 2021
are they still apply for asslymm visa to Canada

(1) (Reply)

Proof Of Ties To Country Of Residence/citizenship / Only Lagos, Abuja Airports Profitable, Sustain Others – FAAN / Arik, Aero Lose N16.5m Daily Over Closure Of Warri Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.