Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands (739 Views)

Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / Ann Grace Aguti: Ugandan Woman Who Married 3 Husbands / Ugandan Man Marries 3 Women At Once, 2 Of Them Are Sisters (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by dre11(m): 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2018
School teacher Annet Nanozi was mad at her husband. A vehicle mechanic , he was refusing to help raise their four children . She realised he was instead spending his paycheck on alcohol and his time sleeping with barmaids .

The 34- year - old decided to teach her husband a lesson . Now, when he comes home and wants sex , he needs to pay her first .

It’ s a controversial strategy , but it ’ s picking up across Uganda, as increasingly emboldened women — backed by rights organisations — battle a patriarchal society where responsibilities and moral norms are both skewed against them .

What started out with isolated instances in the capital , Kampala , has exploded into a tactic more and more Ugandan women are employing to get their husbands to pay up for household expenses and atone for refusing to take on home chores .

Three years ago,150 women first reported demanding money from their husbands for sex to the Mothers Union , an Anglican organisation that has been in Uganda for more than a century , says the body’ s secretary , Ruth Nalugwa.
That number increased to 5,000 by 2016 , and now more than 30, 000 women have reported employing the strategy , she says .

The actual number of wives charging their husbands for sex may be greater , says Stella Muyana , the chairperson of Bakazibano, a Ugandan women ’ s rights organisation . But her organisation has recorded more than 31, 000 cases, she says .

In May , Uganda’ s government -owned newspaper , The New Vision , reported on how what “ started as a joke ” is now “a reality. ”

The spread of this practice is dividing Ugandan society . Some husbands have agreed to pay up, and a few have turned more responsible toward their families. Others have refused to pay for sex, and in some instances , demands from wives have spiraled into domestic violence — and even occasional deaths .

Some religious leaders and government ministers have weighed in against the practice , calling it “ immoral ” and “irreligious . ”

But most women and rights organisations are supporting the strategy , arguing that any approach that gets irresponsible husbands to contribute toward the welfare of their families is justified . After all, it took hunger strikes and arson attacks from the suffragettes in the United Kingdom to drive a national conversation about voting rights for women .

“ If the men are irresponsible and it is the only way their wives can get money from them to run the homes , let them go ahead and tax sex, ” says Tina Musuya, a leading women ’ s rights activist and executive director of the nonprofit Centre for Domestic Violence Prevention .

In his reaction , Uganda’ s Minister of Ethics and Integrity , Reverend Father Simon Lokodo , is against the growing practice . “Sex with his wife is a man ’ s right , ” he argues.

“ Denying a husband sex is unfair . Why should wives charge for sex in order to get economic gains?” he asks . To him , the practice shows “ that moral fibers have gone so low. ”

Rights activists are, however , clear that if anything, it ’ s unfair to expect a woman to enjoy sex with a man who doesn ’ t pay the family’ s bills.

http://punchng.com/ugandan-women-charge-husbands-for-sex/

lalasticlala
Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by izzou(m): 8:26pm On Jul 06, 2018
grin

Sex Tax
Cum Tax
Pre-cum tax
Anal tax
Receiving head tax

Let the Ugandan men brace up for a lonely ride through 2018. Their laziness has landed them in the wilderness

grin grin grin
Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2018
izzou:
grin

Let the Ugandan men brace up for a lonely ride through 2018. Their laziness has landed them in the wilderness

grin grin grin

This isn't laziness, it is foolishness and wickedness.
He is actually working and earning money, but would rather spend it on other women, while his family suffers. This is exactly how lots of these cheating husbands behave. Later people will say men cheat with their brains angry. Anyway, once better nunu hold some men, the brain no dey work at optimum capacity...

Make I dey watch match biko, be like Neymar is on his way home

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
pocohantas:

He is actually working and earning money, but would rather spend it on other women, while his family suffers. This is exactly how lots of these cheating husbands behave. Later people will say men cheat with their brains angry. Anyway, once better nunu hold some of una, the brain no dey work at optimum capacity...

When you keep hoarding the nunu, what do you expect?
Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 06, 2018
ARRANT NONSENSE!!!

this woman needs to be dealt with and have her mind quickly reset!

[img]https://media1./images/f3a58d4a10d31d0394af4c22a262d609/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by izzou(m): 9:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
pocohantas:

He is actually working and earning money, but would rather spend it on other women, while his family suffers. This is exactly how lots of these cheating husbands behave. Later people will say men cheat with their brains angry. Anyway, once better nunu hold some of una, the brain no dey work at optimum capacity...

Pocohantas

Are you saying you support this form of taxation? undecided

Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by sisisioge: 9:07pm On Jul 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin

OK, so when she's the one wanting it nko? Does she pay the husband or its received for free grin. I think a law should be enacted to enforce home front responsibilities. That way, this taxation can be removed grin

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by pocohantas(f): 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2018
izzou:

Pocohantas

Are you saying you support this form of taxation? undecided

See, I can't categorically answer that now.
I can't say I support the taxation and my Oga at the Top will say another one. That's all.

1 Like

Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by pocohantas(f): 9:20pm On Jul 06, 2018
oyb:

When you keep hoarding the nunu, what do you expect?

Need I remind you that hoarding, though illegal, is an effective tool in boosting demand (and price) tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by izzou(m): 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
pocohantas:

See, I can't categorically answer that now.
I can't say I support the taxation and my Oga at the Top will say another one. That's all.

grin grin grin grin

Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by donstan18: 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
It can only happen in Uganda, not Nigeria.

Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by Kendumazy(m): 4:30am On Jul 07, 2018
Very funny.
Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by Ishilove: 4:47am On Jul 07, 2018
With this practice, the difference between the wife and the red light _whore is 'bride price'. There are ways to force a man to be responsible, and taxing him for sex is not one of them. He can as well go outside to get a steady bed mate who he will pay whenever he wants to get laid.

She's just making a bad situation worse.

2 Likes

Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 07, 2018
Ishilove:
With this practice, the difference between the wife and the red light _whore is 'bride price'. There are ways to force a man to be responsible, and taxing him for sex is not one of them. He can as well go outside to get a steady bed mate who he will pay whenever he wants to get laid.

She's just making a bad situation worse.

Ehhhh. No be you wey dey advocate no nookie as punitive measure?
Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by Ishilove: 4:55am On Jul 07, 2018
oyb:

Ehhhh. No be you wey dey advocate no nookie as punitive measure?
No be everytime person go dey mood na
Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by ijustdey: 1:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
cc lalasticlala.....

this is ashawosim in practice, what's the difference btw them and those sex-workers
Re: Ugandan Women Impose ‘sex Tax’ On Husbands by milemimi93(m): 2:05pm On Jul 07, 2018
Na today men d start to pay their wivies for sex? This isn't new na. We all know that every husband/boyfriend pays his woman for sex directly or indirectly.. African women are prostitues thus demand money for sex.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

67-year-old Nigerian Woman Delivers Baby Boy In Abeokuta (photo) / I Need List Of All Baby Stuffs I'm Expected To Buy. / Travel Steam Iron 08185391880

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.