Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray (14146 Views)

NLC Suspends Protest Because Of Threats, Intimidation — Ajaero / CAN Suspends Sunday Congo For Congratulating Pantami / Herdsmen Killings: Benue Fires Back At Sultan Over Jihad Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by InvertedHammer: 4:50pm On Jul 07, 2018
When Christians are hungry, they prepare food and eat.
When traveling, they enter a car and drive.
At the sight of trouble, they run.

But at the risk of extinction, they opt to pray.

On election day, they should sit home and declare full day fasting and prayers so that God will miraculously multiply the votes for their choice candidate.

Idiotas!

//
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by InvertedHammer: 4:57pm On Jul 07, 2018
rhektor:

Would you prefer they take up weapons and start a war?

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (KJV)
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
/
Keep deceiving yourselves.

Israel has top-notch security. Christianity and Judaism started from that area. They know that God helps those who help themselves. Bloody Africans are busy praying instead of using their brains--lazy set of people.

You pray to God. Muslims pray to Allah. By body counts, it seems that Allah is winning because herdsmen back their prayers with AK47. They cannot be wished away. You are only praying and waiting for the next news of massacres which is inevitable because the marauders know that folks like you are only living on hope. Try stopping bullets with hope.

//
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
grateful4life:

Nope. It's not the Fulani herdsmen, i guess it's their parishioners that shot them dead.

Likewise with the recent Jos killings, the villagers just decided to kill themselves and burn up their houses.

WHY ARE YOU DENYING THE OBVIOUS TRUTH.
THE FULANI HERDSMEN YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFEND HAVE PUBLICLY CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY WITH NO SHOW OF SHAME.

IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THEIR SYMPATHISERS.

WHEN THE GOD OF VENGEANCE DECIDES TO PAY THEM A VISIT, BOTH THEY, THEIR SYMPATHISERS LIKE YOU AND THEIR SPONSORS WOULD NOT BE SPARED.

You have obviously been brainwashed with too many 2nd hand Premium Times Fake news, compiled and sourced from a 19 yr old inexperienced unprofessional journalist with very poor command of written English, under the employment of another less reputable newspaper (the Nation).

I know some of you still the believe the false narrative the biased mainstream media (predominantly owned and controlled by southern PDP Christians) are selling that Fulani herdsmen are responsible for all the killings; while the local natives are always the innocent victims because they lack the capacity for violence.

Of course you want us to believe that the killers of the two Benue clergymen were Fulani and not the local indigenes arrested by law enforcement agents.

Security authorities have revealed the names of the suspects that murdered the two priests of Catholic Church in Benue State believed to be Fulani herdsmen.

Shockingly, none of the suspects was in reality a Fulani herdsman.

The names, as revealed by the security authorities are:

Manga Usaini,
David Akenawe,
Agada Tsetsaa,
Tarzaa Orvhanya, and,
Ngyohov Shin, all Benue State citizens

The suspects are believed to be the killers responsible for the murder of the two Clergymen in Benue State.

They were reportedly apprehended by the Police and they have made useful statements that are helping in the investigation.

Why did you think CAN suspended their proposed nationwide demonstration and opted for prayers and fasting instead? - when Christians are increasingly being caught and arrested in connection with the killings of their own ppl; it would therefore be embarrassing and dishonest for CAN to continue selling the false politicised narrative that the conflict is ethnic/religious since their own members too are part of the problem.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by superman1073: 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
Dear Bro Nigeria,

My name is RWANDA..Your small bro...This letter is a bit long...anyway, how are You? Hope you are good...Just like Me. Bro, It's long since we talked but this letter is urgent ! You have to do what I say!

Bro, in April 1994, the worst happened to Me. After the death of My President, Juvenal Habyarimana, who was a TUTSI, my people went totally crazy!

You see, The TUTSI and HUTU were the major tribes that I had...Now, the HUTU were smaller than the TUTSI and the TUTSI had held on to power for so long! And in April, madness began!

After a fierce campaign propaganda by the angry HUTUs, who wanted power too, I watched as the HUTU bought 581,000 machetes (pangas) from China.

I sadly watched as the HUTU also bought rocket launchers, mortar bombs, grenades and ammunition worth £18M from Egypt.

My heart was beating. My soul was scared. I watched, with sadness and fear, the media spreading false propaganda, lies and innuendo to the public!

I even watched the CHURCH preaching hatred, ethnicity and war.

I couldn't believe this was happening. The stage was set for War. My children were getting prepared for the worst! Hate Leaflets were being spread. The HUTU were getting armed. The TUTSI were getting scared.

Bro, one sad morning, IT HAPPENED!

I heard children screaming! I saw women crying! I heard men wailing! MY HEART ALMOST STOPPED!

Bro, within 100 days, My children turned into animals! They butchered each other! Slaughtered each other! Ambushed each other!

I watched as 1,000 TUTSI children were burnt alive in a Polish Catholic Church!

I watched as 2,500 TUTSI men were bombed to death while hiding in a tiny, crowded Church!

I watched sadly as around 250,000 girls were mercilessly raped and beaten to death!

I watched as 400,000 TUTSI men lost their manhood after it was cut in public by the HUTU!

I watched as 2,000 women were thrown into a pit of fire like dead houseflies!

I watched endless rivers of blood flow in my streets!

I watched children crying, children mourning their parents, children being slaughtered with machetes!

I watched as USA President, Bill Clinton and the U.N peace keepers ignored Me! Letting Me destroy myself!

I knew that was the END OF ME.

It was sad! Painful! Unbelievable!

For 100 days, My children did the worst! It was blood, tears, sorrow, pain, death and agony!

And Finally, I LOST A MILLION PEOPLE! Yes, A MILLION Tutsi and Hutu died in just 100 days!

When the madness stopped, I knelt and thanked God!

They were fighting for a politician! Fighting for a tribe! Fighting for power!

BUT what did they gain? NOTHING! Absolutely NOTHING!

Until today, I HAVE NEVER recovered from the madness! I have so many scars, so much pain!

My dear brother, I am aware of the religious and tribal sentiments that have divided your people, I am also aware of campaign of hatred and ethnicity going on among your people at the moment.

Please shun violence and embrace peace.
love one another and live together in unity.
I don't want u to have the bitter experience of genocide that I had.

Remember that I lost over 1 million of my children to the war, my children killed and butchered each other like animals.
I don't wish that happen to you my bother.
I love you my brother.
Peace be unto you.

Copied
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by lexy2014: 10:01pm On Jul 07, 2018
rusher14:

You would say that because they are not asking people to kill.

was d cancelled protest about killing?
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by lexy2014: 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
rhektor:

Would you prefer they take up weapons and start a war?

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (KJV)
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
am sure d late martin Luther king Jr. who was a reverend&a baptist minister knew these scriptures & many more. But he also knew that d battle 4 civil rights just like our quest 4 good governance isn't a spiritual battle but one against flesh&blood but could b won without spillling blood. That tradition has gone on 4 years in d US&Americans have gotten d attention of their govt without fasting&prayers
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by HappyScent: 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
We should pray and fast for nigeria,that God should have mercy.that God should intervence in this counrty,that God should give us God fearing leaders.that God should give us peace.we need peace not war of bokoharan and fulalani herd men.God should come and help us
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by rhektor(m): 8:01am On Jul 08, 2018
lexy2014:
am sure d late martin Luther king Jr. who was a reverend&a baptist minister knew these scriptures & many more. But he also knew that d battle 4 civil rights just like our quest 4 good governance isn't a spiritual battle but one against flesh&blood but could b won without spillling blood. That tradition has gone on 4 years in d US&Americans have gotten d attention of their govt without fasting&prayers

For you to say this shows that you don't understand the American history. Besides that the CAN reps have heard about the government side of the story and are moved to tell Christians not everybody to pray and fast. You may not be qualified for that and it is not forceful
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by rhektor(m): 8:07am On Jul 08, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/
Keep deceiving yourselves.

Israel has top-notch security. Christianity and Judaism started from that area. They know that God helps those who help themselves. Bloody Africans are busy praying instead of using their brains--lazy set of people.

You pray to God. Muslims pray to Allah. By body counts, it seems that Allah is winning because herdsmen back their prayers with AK47. They cannot be wished away. You are only praying and waiting for the next news of massacres which is inevitable because the marauders know that folks like you are only living on hope. Try stopping bullets with hope.

//

Israel is a sovereign nation, Christians in Nigeria are a set of people in Nigeria, so using Israel to describe Nigerian Christians is not tenable. Carrying AK47 has never been a Christian Virtue, is against the teachings of Jesus. He taught us to pray not to carry arms around
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by rhektor(m): 8:08am On Jul 08, 2018
Bakrabas:

Read it again, it's 3-day fasting

We've been fasting before now and we will continue to fast after this
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by lexy2014: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2018
rhektor:

For you to say this shows that you don't understand the American history. Besides that the CAN reps have heard about the government side of the story and are moved to tell Christians not everybody to pray and fast. You may not be qualified for that and it is not forceful
i didnt tell i no american history. Am sure that u are a scholar of american history and am certain ur version of american history tells u that martin luther king&d blacks fasted&prayed in pursuing civil rights 4 blacks. Since u are a scholar of American history, kindly throw some light on American history as regards d civil rights movement in d US
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by rhektor(m): 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
lexy2014:
i didnt tell i no american history. Am sure that u are a scholar of american history and am certain ur version of american history tells u that martin luther king&d blacks fasted&prayed in pursuing civil rights 4 blacks. Since u are a scholar of American history, kindly throw some light on American history as regards d civil rights movement in d US

The American prayed fervently even than we are doing in Nigeria currently, if you want the American history the internet is your best option ,if you can't search the web then don't expect me to be an emergency history teacher
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by lexy2014: 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2018
rhektor:

The American prayed fervently even than we are doing in Nigeria currently, if you want the American history the internet is your best option ,if you can't search the web then don't expect me to be an emergency history teacher
u are d scholar on American history. Its u who is contesting my knowledge on American history not Google. So if u say what I said is deficient, educate me from ur "wealth of knowledge". If u are confident of what u are saying, u won't b talking about Google. If u have done ur research on ur Google, kindly share what Google told u. Maybe Google told u that martin Luther king&other blacks prayed and fasted in their fight 4 civil rights. Google told u that blacks in America got their say in America by prayer and fasting, right? D recent u-turn by d trump administration 2 stop separating children of illegal migrants from their parents was achieved by prayer&fasting, right?
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by OyinO: 9:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
Shows their foreign oyibo God is nonexistent and useless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari At A Meeting With CCECC Board Directors In Beijing (pics) / Justice, Sylvester Ngwuta Arraigned For False Asset Declaration / Dilapidated Roads In Ijeshatedo Surulere Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.