Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray (14138 Views)

NLC Suspends Protest Because Of Threats, Intimidation — Ajaero / CAN Suspends Sunday Congo For Congratulating Pantami / Herdsmen Killings: Benue Fires Back At Sultan Over Jihad Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by puccyforker: 9:39am On Jul 07, 2018
OrangeDream:
You really must be a Super-General in this E-combat thing.
you're not lying bro

cheesy
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Abex20: 9:42am On Jul 07, 2018
It's bothers me wen I read some fools comment. They are not happy to see peace prevail, they obviously want Christian leaders to declare war against who? Muslims? or herdsmen? If u really wanna face herdsmen den u need to leave ur comfort zone and go in search of them. Some Christians hatred for dis administration leadership is extremely obvious, probably because he d president is a Muslim or because some of ur kinsmen are facing his wrath due to d war he's waged against corruption. Recent investigations has showed d ppl involved in d benue killings are not Muslims nor herdsmen, I wonder y some Christians can't still berry thier pride and admit thier unconditional hatred for pmb

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Proffdada: 9:45am On Jul 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

So now you believe CAN is corrupt?
if ORITSEJAFOR could lead CAN for years, it's not a Christian association.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Trendirabingi: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

I am a private individual who wants the best for the country.

Why are idiots always quick to throw the line of working for government or presidency or something stupid?

You say Northern CAN has been compromised. What it therefore means is those in the line of fire would be compromised whilst you seating down in the comfort of your home can make comments.

What it therefore means is that you don't even trust the foremost Christian body.

Laughable.
whats foremost about CAN?, Can of worms of PHARASEES AND SADDUCEES , thesame goes for d MURIC..dnt u see that ediot in black n red regalia smiling like judas of d old after 30 pieces of silver... ALL THOSE CLAIMING RELIGIOUS REPRESENTATIVE IN NIGERIA ARE EDIOTS, EVEN SHAKAU WLD APPEAR MORE STRAIGHT FORWARD THAN THEM, THEY HAVE NO EMOTIONAL SYMPHATY FOR THEIR PPL, N ONLY CLAIM TO SERVE WHAT THEY DNT KNOW WITH THEIR LIPS, EDIOTS.. THEY WLD RATHER ALIGN TO A POLITICAL FG WITH NO HEART or PASSION ON THE PLIGHT OF THEIR PPL , THAN TO ALLIGN WITH THE GREVIANCES OF THE PPL THIER SELVES....DNT U LISTEN TO THEM, THEIR NORMAL CRIMINAL PHRASE? "FAST AND PRAY"..." CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOUND THEIR CONTROL".. . THEIVES IN PUPITS AND REGALIA....ACTING SHAMELESSLY WITH NO RESPECT FOR THE PPL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by aribisala0(m): 9:52am On Jul 07, 2018
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by otokx(m): 9:56am On Jul 07, 2018
The Roman Catholic church did not waste time in carrying out their public and peaceful demonstrations.

CAN should not have barked if it knew it will not bite.

Shame
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Seetto: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2018
Franking:

Mr PRAYER, ur brain has left u. Only in Nigeria.. .pray, fast, pray fast, pray fast, ...for what exactly? Don't people pray everyday? Haba! How stupi d and idi otic can a people be!
U can confirm that I never insulted u, please be mature and put hate aside, I will be glad if u have the best solution, what do u think should be done.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Yemzy89: 10:08am On Jul 07, 2018
Till they finish killing everybody....
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by SheikhMuniru(m): 10:20am On Jul 07, 2018
FAST FOR 100 DAYS IT WON'T STOP THE FIGHT FOR JIHAD OUR MEN ARE FIGHTING, YOU SHALL ALL SURRENDER FOR ISLAM THE RELIGION OF PEACE
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Austindark(m): 10:24am On Jul 07, 2018
This is the biggest problem of Nigerians and Africa at large, people are easily controlled by this fraud called religion.

The whole world sent experts to rescue only 11 people in Thailand cave because life is important to these people.

But in Africa the pastors will call for prayer instead of experts and claim that is the voice of god.

Is so painful that people don't still know that religion is a scam.
I believe in God but outside the church. The religion of the world doesn't represent God in anyway. It was long distorted and defamed by the Romans

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Daviddson(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

And they were more than 12 that made the visit to the President.

Has anyone come out to say the President tried to buy our conscience?

Or perhaps they were presented with facts that have made them have a rethink.
For some time now, you've been misfiring, all in an effort to defend the government. You're fast dropping objectivity. If you lost a loved one in any of those killings, would you castigate them if CAN calls Christians to start buying arms to defend themselves (even if you don't agree in your mind)? Most likely no.
Do you know how impossible it is for an Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, Igala, Edo, Urhobo, etc, man to fight with a Hausa-Fulani man in their own state, let alone mistakenly kill one?
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by godquality: 10:36am On Jul 07, 2018
Fasting and prayers won't protect people. If i live in such areas, I'll get myself a firearm legally or otherwise to protect myself (better automatic).

The sooner people realise that prayers can't help them the better. Or do you want to tell me that from the number of deaths so far, none of them prayed and fast?. CAN should keep praying while the genocide continues. Toothless organisation that have been reduced to political tool by politicians.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

Yes I'm online 24/7 yet I'm bringing forex into the country.

You are hardly ever online but all your threads have an insult to someone even calling Nollywood actresses prostitutes.

What have you done in your life but play the nuisance to your family and community?

Forex in your dreams! You're obviously a jobless fellow who has the time to start going through every Tom, Dick & Harry's post on nairaland.

You can't make a dime on the internet when you spend all your pathetic life commenting on every nairaland thread, no matter how useless. I'm sure you are a member of Buhari's 'New Media' team. Anuofia!
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:48am On Jul 07, 2018
Upritman:
In a sudden change of its earlier decision, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has had called off its nationwide protest.

Suanu's Blog recalls that protest was earlier scheduled to hold July 11. However, CAN's President Rev. Samson Olasupo on Friday suspended the planned protest over what he termed "circumstances beyond CAN’s control".

Meanwhile CAN in a statement urged Christians to fast and pray for 3 days. The days are July 9-11, 2018 and its supposed to hold in all churches and state chapters of the association.

The prayers and fasting over the state of Nigeria, are particularly due to the failure of the federal government to end killings by herdsmen in the country.

Source:http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/07/herdsmen-killings-can-makes-u-turn.html
...useless CAN.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by GavelSlam: 10:51am On Jul 07, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

Forex in your dreams! You're obviously a jobless fellow who has the time to start going through every Tom, Dick & Harry's post on nairaland

When numbnuts come for me I go for them.
I never back down.

So yes, I would look at your timelinen to see how useful or USELESS you are. You know where you stand.

And yes, I do bring in Forex. Not my fault you never sought solutions when you had the chance.

Continue playing your future away. It was never going to be worth anything.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2018
GavelSlam:

When numbnuts come for me I go for them.
I never back down.

So yes, I would look at your timelinento see how useful or USELESS you are. You know where you stand.

And yes, I do bring in Forex. Not my fault you never sought solutions when you had the chance.

Continue playing your future away. It was never going to be worth anything.

Better go see a therapist, because you're one very sick individual.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Bakrabas: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2018
The language change, the moment the CAN heard that most of the politicians behind the terrorism in Nigeria are CHRISTIANS...

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by GavelSlam: 10:57am On Jul 07, 2018
GidiWoodsMan:

Better go see a therapist, because you're one very sick individual.

I can't use your therapist sha.

The world can see what a failed job he did with you.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Bakrabas: 11:02am On Jul 07, 2018
rhektor:

As long as God listen and gives us answer

Read it again, it's 3-day fasting
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by jucyace(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2018
This CAN are bunch of christian hypocrites..... they suspend protest to fast and pray. what nonsense is that. even faith without works doesnt happen. they sit in their house eat food from offering and collections. but do nothing when their attention is needed. black man and black mindset
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Lomprico2: 11:13am On Jul 07, 2018
Laureta onochie was right about CAN after all! angry
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by itu404(m): 11:20am On Jul 07, 2018
Thank God they have decided to tow the path of wisdom and peace instead of listening to those who clamor for the war they will not fight and organize chaos their children will not witness, because they are schooling abroad. As Christians, what we can not do, we believe prayers can do. let us follow our tenets for once.
for called pastors who preach war and retaliation let them remember, the bible says, where there is no wood the fire goes out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by itu404(m): 11:24am On Jul 07, 2018
otokx:
The Roman Catholic church did not waste time in carrying out their public and peaceful demonstrations.

CAN should not have barked if it knew it will not bite.

Shame

my brother, there is no shame in good decision and better option is never too late. The bible says, our weapons are not physical. there were on the wrong part since, i tell you. Protest destroy most times in Africa, but sometimes dialogue is fruitful.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by deebrain(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2018
Very soon, this very CAN will endorse Buhari for second term.

Lord, send Elijah again
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by shaibu123: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2018
BROWN ENVELOPE HAS BEEN EXCHANGE FOR HUMAN LIFE
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by IkemChris(m): 12:15pm On Jul 07, 2018
Upritman:
In a sudden change of its earlier decision, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has had called off its nationwide protest.

Suanu's Blog recalls that protest was earlier scheduled to hold July 11. However, CAN's President Rev. Samson Olasupo on Friday suspended the planned protest over what he termed "circumstances beyond CAN’s control".

Meanwhile CAN in a statement urged Christians to fast and pray for 3 days. The days are July 9-11, 2018 and its supposed to hold in all churches and state chapters of the association.

The prayers and fasting over the state of Nigeria, are particularly due to the failure of the federal government to end killings by herdsmen in the country.

Source:http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/07/herdsmen-killings-can-makes-u-turn.html

Beginning to think that CAN is a SCAM. After all the killings in Plateau state, you fixed protest for it, went to see Mr President and now telling us to fast and pray! God this guys are scammers. Well am a Christian but not a member of CAN party
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by Factfinder1(m): 1:09pm On Jul 07, 2018
adesina746:

And what did your protest produce . Only waste of time. Until you people start seeing the clearer picture on this crisis before there can be a collective solution nationwide. If you fail to see that the crisis are political and tribal and not religious crisis. Then keep your opinion to yourself or better still go and represent CAN and stop hiding at the back of internet to comment if you have the balls

For your mind you dey try make sense
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by phemmyutd(m): 1:18pm On Jul 07, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
I don't know if you speaking from the position of ignorance or willful mischief. You are asking what protests would achieve, really?? Do you know the awareness it will create if CAN successfully goes on massive protests across the cities while informing international media like CNN, BBC, CCTV etc to cover it?? Do you know the pressure it would put on this terrorist regime?? Do you even know that part of the reasons why the international community is yet to act on these killings is because the locals have not shown enough seriousness as would people who are facing genocide??
Well, I'm happy that we Igbos don't joke with lives and the moment such nonsense going on the middle belt takes place anywhere in the East is when you will see how people who are being killed are supposed to act and the terrorists know that fact which is the main reason they have stayed away from the East.

You are just a chest beater.
Igbo won't take this, Igbo's won't take that, the killing going on between Cross River and Ebonyi has no meaning to you? Seems their own lifes are worthless right?

Where are all your noises about nnamdi kanu? Where are your threat landed him? Where are your petitions to your international communities earned you?

You will just come online and make noise while you are coward behind the keyboard.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by adesina746: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
Factfinder1:

For your mind you dey try make sense

No be say I dey try. I dey make sense Ni
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by naijamerican: 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2018
Chikicaka:
angry Spineless...I recall the Catholics did something similar across all states simultaneously and it was a success, why pray and fast but can't find the strength to protest against an obviously bad government, oh i forgot isn't this the same group that their previous president was an "arms" dealer!

Anyone looking to CAN for real solutions is a freaking slowpoke. I trust Nnamdi Kanu far more than CAN.

Useless thieves
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by grateful4life: 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
Why suspend it; they should continue heating up the polity by politicising the conflict as ethnic/religious; its good they keep embarrassing themselves in view their members are increasingly being arrested and exposed as among the king pins behind some of the killings - they know they now can't tell us that the killers of the two Benue clergymen were Fulani herdsmen.

Nope. It's not the Fulani herdsmen, i guess it's their parishioners that shot them dead.

Likewise with the recent Jos killings, the villagers just decided to kill themselves and burn up their houses.

WHY ARE YOU DENYING THE OBVIOUS TRUTH.
THE FULANI HERDSMEN YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFEND HAVE PUBLICLY CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY WITH NO SHOW OF SHAME.

IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THEIR SYMPATHISERS.

WHEN THE GOD OF VENGEANCE DECIDES TO PAY THEM A VISIT, BOTH THEY, THEIR SYMPATHISERS LIKE YOU AND THEIR SPONSORS WOULD NOT BE SPARED.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: CAN Suspends Protest, Tells Nigerians To Fast And Pray by thanki410(m): 4:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
No , we wld fast and furious. Or even FASOLAstIDO... We got to stand up and shake our leaders ... The last fasting placed those once there in power, this new fasting nw.. Greed has no body but a well fed soul..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Orker-Jev: I Regret Campaigning For Buhari, APC In 2015 / Obi Didn’t Demolish Mosques, Northern Group Defends LP Candidate / Nigerians Are Suffering Under Your Government — Muslim Council Tells Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.