Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year (15796 Views)

World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC / Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by bigpicture001: 10:47am On Jul 07, 2018
iamkeyz:
Fertilizer export when we still eat THAI PER BOILED RICE and import TOMATOES from Nigeria Republic?
Which kain mumubility be this nah?
Sometimes I weep at the iberibelistic mumubility of some supposedly sane people ọ.
So dangote wants to export Fertilizer when naija never get enough for farming Ai?
.amadioha must look into this case.
....comments on only what u understand, educated adult!
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 10:47am On Jul 07, 2018
Sttropez2:
Nice job sir, south south think say na only them get oil. Now we go see
Refinery nor mean OIL, be well informed. Kaduna too get refinery. If licence where issue in fairness, most of the refinery would be located close to source.
Besides, Im no longer banking on petroleum products cos very soon, crude Oil will be made redundant like coal.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by bigpicture001: 10:49am On Jul 07, 2018
adecz:
sad sad sad sad sad

In 2006 when price of cement rose to
1000 naira, everybody were complaining,

Obasanjo told us to be patient & that, when
Dangote's Obajana cement plant in Kogi
starts producing, prices will come down.

When obajana plant came up, prices
webt to 1500 & is now 2500!

In the final analysis, Dangote only
cares about getting richer & richer at
our expense.

He has a habit of contributing heavily to
all presidential aspirants & parties, so that
anyone that finally wins will grant him
more concessions at the expense of the
country. Him wayo to much.

But i accept, he is humble but very
calculating.

In the mean time, his trucks & reckless
drivers continue killing nigerians & destroying
our road infrastructure nationwide.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
...plz comments and analyse only what u understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by supereagle(m): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2018
erico2k2:

Dangote a Muslim now carries the Anointing oil,A person who does not recognise Jesus as the Son of GOD? seriously
When I say Nigerians full of Christians are naïve una say nah lie.

Who told you Muslim don't recognize Jesus ? His name is the Muslim Holy Book .Who told you that Muslims don't honor prayer from men of God?
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by Ugosample(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2018
Nukilia:

Cost of production affects the whole cycle.
help me tell him

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by Ugosample(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2018
deepwater:

It's not a coincidence, the truth about the refinery is not being told.

In no way, I repeat noway will that refinery be ready by 2020, when in 2018 we are still discussing piling of foundation?? . It's a single train refinery for those who understand.

Mr Edwin, could you explain why thirteen (13 ) young engineers-in-training Dangote took to INDIA for refinery training resigned on their own? Some resigned from new Delhi and Mumbai, even paid for their own air tickets back to lagos. They just couldn't stand the lies been told on the news and watch their future being held to Ransome.

Tell the truth, stop politics.
The rate at which the cbn is selling forex to Dangote, he will never complete this project. Baba dey take the money dey fund other things. Selling at 134 like say na only Dangote need help.

what is this one saying

Have you gone there to see the level of work that has been done there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by supereagle(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2018
erico2k2:

Dangote a Muslim now carries the Anointing oil,A person who does not recognise Jesus as the Son of GOD? seriously
When I say Nigerians full of Christians are naïve una say nah lie.

A true Muslim faithful reasons well even more than a follower of Christ.
Read this from one of them :
SPEECH BY A DELEGATE REPRESENTING THE SUPREME COUNCIL FOR ISLAMIC AFFAIRS, NIGERIA:

Written and Presented by Sheikh Muhammad Nurudeen Lemu from Niger State:

The Speech That Set Delegates On Fire!

Since the commencement of debate on the president’s speech at the national conference, the chairman placed embargo on clapping.

However, that embargo was overturned by delegates after a rousing and electrifying speech by a delegate representing the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, Alhaji Nurudeen Lemu from Niger State.

His speech got a standing ovation and thunderous round of applause.

Here is the transcript of the speech:

Alh. Nurudeen Lemu, a delegate from the Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs

As a delegate, and as a people representing people of faith in God from the Islamic perspective, one thing we believe is that God will protect the community that stands for justice even if they are not Muslims and God will not protect the community that goes contrary to justice even if they call themselves Muslims.

God is not a religious bigot. He is not a male chauvinist. He is not an ethnocentric tribalist. God is not the oppressor of anyone. God is with those who care; those who want for others those things they want for themselves.

One tendency for people who claim to follow a religion is to slide into the position of believing that we are better than the others. We overestimate our virtues and underestimate the goodness in others. The tendency is for us to become spiritually arrogant; to forget that others are people like us.

There is always a tension between representing our religious communities or our ethnic communities and our loyalty to the virtues and values and teachings of our religion even those lofty ideals of our ethnic groups.

It is our prayer that delegates will try and ensure that the spiritual strength we have in us will keep us from not getting angry and not allowing our bitterness from others to make us sail from justice. It is in this vein and as a delegate from the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, we condemn the murder of all Christians, we condemn the murder of all Muslims. Not because they are Christians or Muslims, but because they are human beings – creatures of God.

There is no compulsion in religion. We all own Nigeria. We all belong here. And we all have the right to self-determination. We should respect that right and do unto others what we will do unto ourselves.

There are many other countries that have ethnic and religious diversity far greater than what we have here in Nigeria. But something that distinguishes us from them, be it Singapore, United States, they have been able to respect the rule of law so that any bigot, any nepotic individual who tramples on the right of anyone especially that of the minority, the rule of law will catch up. Satan will only find a hole if there is a crack in that rule of law.

Ever ethnic group is an oppressed minority somewhere. Every group is a religious and ethnic minority somewhere. Every majority or settler is an indigene somewhere. In one way, we are all settlers; we just don’t remember where we came from or why we came.

But ultimately, we are all visitors to this planet, from God we come and to Him we return. As Muslim delegates, we come in brotherhood, as brothers and friends to solve our common problems and not as adversaries.

We come against the exploitation of religion and religious sentiments. We come against stereotyping, stigmatizing and dehumanizing of each other. We come against the use of religion as a political decoy and as a distraction from the critical things that bedevil our nation.

I pray that at the end of this conference, we will all grow in our humanity and respect for each other.
Copied.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by Ugosample(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2018
Ijaya123:

What do you know about economics? I can perceive some level of hatred and jealousy in your post.

yea

The black man curse

hating those that are more successful than they are

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by Jethrolite(m): 11:00am On Jul 07, 2018
2018, 2019, 2020 OK o.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by bigpicture001: 11:08am On Jul 07, 2018
obayendo1010:
Now i know the problem of Nigeria is completely ignorance and greed if a single man or group can build a refinery that can supply our need and as well supply other countries so what stopping the federal govt for doing so all this while, just 10bn dollars tripple of what Mr Obasanjo use to power the country that we yet to use or are we using it already? Please can someone just give him the contract to supply power to Nigerians and lets enjoy power constantly even if it worth paying more for me it okay and as well our civil service worth privitazing that sector is dead i mean completely dead don't know of other state but my state is nothin, I g to write home about.
...brothe. I understand ur concerns for workability of tins in.naija. but ur not informed at all on why the power sector still isn't working at best. if u typed a question requesting to know y. I would painstakingly explain it to u....

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 07, 2018
drestoneokuta:
@deepwater so you be "brother" grin. I know you and @castroii were employed as engineers @ dangote refinery about 2 years ago, I was surprised when you didn't take the offer, now I know better. What made 13 engineers resign? What exactly is going on? What advice will you and @castroii give to does as aspiring to work at the dangote refinery as they are still recruiting? Please can I contact you via mail if you don't feel comfortable answering the questions online? Thank you
lol, bro Dangote refinery never employed me as an Engineer. I only had an offer some time ago with one of the contractors handling the Fertilizer plant project but rejected it cos I was not ok with the pay.
So I don't really know anything about the 13 Engineers that resigned.
Do you mean aspiring to work in the refinery itself when completed or on the refinery construction project??

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by bigpicture001: 11:22am On Jul 07, 2018
erico2k2:

The Answer is in your post, someone is gaining from us not having our refinery working. I blame the last administration cos they had the mandate and opportunity to put things right. But like always cabal wins!
But one day we shall reach a political equilibrium.
...the last administration was the best ever after the Obasanjo era. they initiated and talked dangote into this refinery project, the were managing the dwindling national revenue very well, they boosted agricultural activities and delivery tremendously. they initiated the remita scheme, the were steady creating middle income jobs through "you win". They increased grants payment to varsities and increased the no. of varsities, they did a lot of things economy wise, just dat the APC used very powerful media power to defame them and deceive the gullible nigerians. I know this cuz am a news man for the past 20yrs. av been interested in things concerning the economy for that long,went to even study economics,did masters in it and now teaching it in a federal varsity..... I tell u,mrs iweala did wonders. just that NIgerians don't like economy issue as much as they like to discus politics..
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by drestoneokuta(m): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2018
Castroii:

lol, bro Dangote refinery never employed me as an Engineer. I only had an offer some time ago with one of the contractors handling the Fertilizer plant project but rejected it cos I was not ok with the pay.
So I don't really know anything about the 13 Engineers that resigned.
Do you mean aspiring to work in the refinery itself when completed or on the refinery construction project??
Thank you for your reply, I mean with the refinery itself since they are still recruiting. I have a concern with the Refinery construction project, how do I know who is recruiting? You only get to know where u are assigned to work when the final offer comes out isn't it? I am confused.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2018
supereagle:

Who told you Muslim don't recognize Jesus ? His name is the Muslim Holy Book .Who told you that Muslims don't honor prayer from men of God?
I'm standing near a park is tank muslim . They don't recognise him as a prophet or son of God . To them Mohamed is the only true prophet
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by olaboy1: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
adecz:
sad sad sad sad sad

our expense.

calculating.

When you make this analysis, try and do a comprehensive breakdown of production cost and marginal cost of maintenance using an econometric approach.
EU has subsidy as high as 40% for agriculture and also have fossil fuel subsidy through its friends of fossil fuel subsidy reform. That’s why local farmers in Cameroon cannot compete in the sale of onions and maize.

Don’t just condemn things just for the sake of commenting, try and sit back and look at the chess board and see how the big world players are using Africa as a pawn, and maybe then you would begin to appreciate what Dangote is doing and you can channel your price grudges elsewhere.

The likes of dangote should be encouraged even if it means paying a premium price for his products, because of the resultant effects on our economy and job creation. Dangote may be getting some tax cuts but they are not as huge as having 40% government subsidy.

So if dangote has 40% government subsidy on cement, then its possible to sell a bag of cement for 1,500.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by supereagle(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2018
erico2k2:

I'm standing near a park is tank muslim . They don't recognise him as a prophet or son of God . To them Mohamed is the only true prophet
Jesus Christ is the Prophet Issa in the Quran. It is interesting to note that among the 25 places in the Quran where ‘Issa is used in sixteen of them He is called the ‘son of Mary‘ and in five passages His name is coupled with Moses (Musa). I raised it to tell that Quran recognised Him. A true Muslim see Him as a prophet from God.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by nextstep(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2018
adecz:
sad sad sad sad sad

In 2006 when price of cement rose to 1000 naira, everybody were complaining,

Obasanjo told us to be patient & that, when Dangote's Obajana cement plant in Kogi starts producing, prices will come down.

When obajana plant came up, prices webt to 1500 & is now 2500!

In the final analysis, Dangote only cares about getting richer & richer at our expense.

I just want to comment about the prices. From 2006 to 2016, general inflation in Nigeria hovered around 20% while the value of the Naira (vs USD) has crashed from around 130 to 360 (it's been as bad as 540, but I'll just settle at these official numbers).

If cement had to be paid for in USD (a lot of inputs were imported, and profits repatriated), we'd see at least 3x the 2006 price - meaning 3000naira.

Now add the effects of inflation which would have seen cement prices increase like so: (I'll even be generous and say inflation was only 15% for that decade on average, which is an underestimate but makes the math easy.)
2006 - 1000
2007 - 1150
2008 - 1322
2009 - 1520
2010 - 1749
2011 - 2011
2012 - 2313
2013 - 2660
2014 - 3059
2015 - 3517
2016 - 4045

So inflation alone would see cement be 4045 Naira. Compounded with the devaluation of the Naira would have seen it approach 10,000 naira. So, really, prices have come down in REAL, inflation-adjusted terms, and it's absolutely not fair to compare nominal prices over a decade in a country where the value of money falls so drastically.

Now we can then talk about if real wages have increased to pay for these more-expensive cement, but that's not Dangote's fault is it?
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2018
grandstar:

In the Nobel Prize Awards, do you realise that there is a category for Economics?

A lot of us think we are economic experts but may know next to nothing about it in reality.

Germany exports loads of agricultural equipments and imports lots of food. It all depends on comparative advantage and trade.

Tech for food.
Nigeria is exporting fertilizer for?
Look... We have no business with Nobel prize on anything for now...
Let the ordinary man get basic things... I sound crazy right? But capitalism is not putting average people into consideration. It's jutting for the glamour and bragging rights and more money
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by obailala(m): 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
erico2k2:

Bross nah Lie be dat,God hand nor dey.YOu know the political suppression wey dey go on? how he marginalized other small Business to eliminate competition aided by past and present administration?
What Dangote does is exactly what every single businessman (big and small) out there does; i.e. manipulate the system to gain favours and become market leader. Dangote is simply just winning others in the same game they all play.

As for Dangote refinery, Nigerians will get the real shocker when that refinery is completed cos Dangote is a ruthless capitalist who enjoys monopoly. Upon completion of that refinery, the government will eventually fully deregulate the downstream sector thereby permiting everyone to sell at whatever price they choose; Dangote will sell his petrol for about N200-250/litre and the FG will completely ban fuel importation. Dangote will hold the entire Nigeria by the balls, will become richer than government and Nigerians will curse and curse and swear, but it will be too late.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by EkeneElectrons(m): 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lol. Nigeria poor but Dangote rich
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by adecz: 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2018
nextstep:

I just want to comment about the prices. From 2006 to 2016, general inflation in Nigeria hovered around 20% while the value of the Naira (vs USD) has crashed from around 130 to 360 (it's been as bad as 540, but I'll just settle at these official numbers).

If cement had to be paid for in USD (a lot of inputs were imported, and profits repatriated), we'd see at least 3x the 2006 price - meaning 3000naira.

Now add the effects of inflation which would have seen cement prices increase like so: (I'll even be generous and say inflation was only 15% for that decade on average, which is an underestimate but makes the math easy.)
2006 - 1000
2007 - 1150
2008 - 1322
2009 - 1520
2010 - 1749
2011 - 2011
2012 - 2313
2013 - 2660
2014 - 3059
2015 - 3517
2016 - 4045

So inflation alone would see cement be 4045 Naira. Compounded with the devaluation of the Naira would have seen it approach 10,000 naira. So, really, prices have come down in REAL, inflation-adjusted terms, and it's absolutely not fair to compare nominal prices over a decade in a country where the value of money falls so drastically.

Now we can then talk about if real wages have increased to pay for these more-expensive cement, but that's not Dangote's fault is it?

You tried in your pseudo-economic analysis
of inflationary dynamics of the past dozen years;

However, you destroyed your case when you
ignorantly claimed most of the imputs or
raw material used in manufacture are imported.

So, clay, limestone, gypsum, sand are imported?

You are not conversant with cement production.
Go and research & come back & comment
intelligently... sad sad sad
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2018
obailala:
What Dangote does is exactly what every single businessman (big and small) out there does; i.e. manipulate the system to gain favours and become market leader. Dangote is simply just winning others in the same game they all play.

As for Dangote refinery, Nigerians will get the real shocker when that refinery is completed cos Dangote is a ruthless capitalist who enjoys monopoly. Upon completion of that refinery, the government will eventually fully deregulate the downstream sector thereby permiting everyone to sell at whatever price they choose; Dangote will sell his petrol for about N200-250/litre and the FG will completely ban fuel importation. Dangote will hold the entire Nigeria by the balls, will become richer than government and Nigerians will curse and curse and swear, but it will be too late.
Im going to keep this statement, I forsee what you just said coming true. This was what they did with cement, imagine he was the only one allowed to import unbagged cement and crude salt. There is no healthy competition.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by erico2k2(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2018
supereagle:

Jesus Christ is the Prophet Issa in the Quran. It is interesting to note that among the 25 places in the Quran where ‘Issa is used in sixteen of them He is called the ‘son of Mary‘ and in five passages His name is coupled with Moses (Musa). I raised it to tell that Quran recognised Him. A true Muslim see Him as a prophet from God.
ok boss
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by Kingspin(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2018
We need another Dangote to rescue us from NEPA.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 07, 2018
This is a very bad news. I am highly disappointed. Mr Emefiele, our CBN governor will also not be happy with this. In 2016, at a press interview, he was telling people of how Dangote Refinery would start to refine petroleum products in 2018. I have said it several times that the 2019 date is not feasible but Dangote group continue to assure Nigerians of 2019.

On may 29 when Dangote & Otedola visited that site and it was reported on nairaland, I had complained that the countenance on Dangote's face was not encouraging & that the project cannot be completed as widely reported. Now from 2018, 2019 & now 2020. That fertilizer (Urea) export is just a face saving measure to justify the support received from FG.

2020 is not possible.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by omoelerin1: 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2018
iamkeyz:
Fertilizer export when we still eat THAI PER BOILED RICE and import TOMATOES from Nigeria Republic?
Which kain mumubility be this nah?
Sometimes I weep at the iberibelistic mumubility of some supposedly sane people ọ.
So dangote wants to export Fertilizer when naija never get enough for farming Ai?
.amadioha must look into this case.
You are a stack illiterate.

Well, everybody just want to say something.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by EngrVin: 1:46am On Jul 08, 2018
Later u will say u are not one of the trainees, yet u have all these inside info

deepwater:

It's not a coincidence, the truth about the refinery is not being told.

In no way, I repeat noway will that refinery be ready by 2020, when in 2018 we are still discussing piling of foundation?? . It's a single train refinery for those who understand.

Mr Edwin, could you explain why thirteen (13 ) young engineers-in-training Dangote took to INDIA for refinery training resigned on their own? Some resigned from new Delhi and Mumbai, even paid for their own air tickets back to lagos. They just couldn't stand the lies been told on the news and watch their future being held to Ransome.

Tell the truth, stop politics.
The rate at which the cbn is selling forex to Dangote, he will never complete this project. Baba dey take the money dey fund other things. Selling at 134 like say na only Dangote need help.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by NovusHomo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2018
adecz:
sad sad sad sad sad

our expense.

calculating.

That is why Dangote and all business owners are in business in the first place. Good luck to him.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by NovusHomo(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
iamkeyz:

Tech for food.
Nigeria is exporting fertilizer for?
Look... We have no business with Nobel prize on anything for now...
Let the ordinary man get basic things... I sound crazy right? But capitalism is not putting average people into consideration. It's jutting for the glamour and bragging rights and more money

It is not the fault of capitalism. It is the fault of your leaders. Remove them by all means necessary.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by dafuturis(m): 11:35pm On Jul 08, 2018
Colourich:
Not like am in support of what he said, just wanted to correct something you said, actually, devaluing our currency does not have any effect on the domestic prices of commodities, it only have an effect on imported goods as a result of our exchange rate which is considerably high due to devaluation, so unless Dangote import inputs he used in production which makes it costly as a result of devaluation, he doesn't have any right to increase the price of commodity cos of devaluation.

Is beef imported? if no, why is it not stable as years before?
Everything is intertwined. If you cultivate rice and the fertilizer used is imported, won't it reflect in the price of the rice after harvest?
There is always an element that makes every single thing increase, be it locally produced or imported.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by nextstep(m): 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
adecz:

So, clay, limestone, gypsum, sand are imported?

You are not conversant with cement production.
Go and research & come back & comment
intelligently... sad sad sad

Sigh... anybody knows the materials you mentioned are not imported, but let me link you to an article that mentions what other inputs that go into making cement:

"A wide range of chemicals are added to cement to act as plasticizers, superplasticizers, accelerators, dispersants, and water-reducing agents. Called admixtures, these additives can be used to increase the workability of a cement mixture still in the nonset state, the strength of cement after application, and the material's water tightness. Further, they can decrease the amount of water necessary to obtain workability and the amount of cement needed to create strong concrete. Accelerators, which reduce setting time, include calcium chloride or aluminum sulfate and other acidic materials. Plasticizing or superplasticizing agents increase the fluidity of the fresh cement mix with the same water/cement ratio, thereby improving the workability of the mix as well as its ease of placement. Typical plasticizers include polycarboxylic acid materials; superplasticizers are sulphanated melamine formaldehyde or sulphanated naphthalene formaldehyde condensates. Setretarders, another type of admixture, are used to delay the setting of concrete. These include soluble zinc salts, soluble borates, and carbohydrate-based materials. Gas forming admixtures, powdered zinc or aluminum in combination with calcium hydroxide or hydrogen peroxide, are used to form aerated concrete by generating hydrogen or oxygen bubbles that become entrapped in the cement mix."

Read more: http://www.madehow.com/Volume-1/Concrete.html#ixzz5Kl4rGWts

Or you really think cement is just a mixture of clay, limestone, gypsum, and sand? There is an increasing number of these chemical additives being made in Nigeria (which would not have the case if people were just importing cement). Also, if left in the hands of foreign companies, they would not see any reason to make these chemicals locally, preferring to import from established companies abroad. Per kilogram, the chemicals are far more expensive than limestone or sand, and so have a disproportionate share of cost in the total cost of cement.

My main point was that Dangote is domesticating production and also driving import substitution, and that profits can remain in Naira (as opposed to being taken abroad as was the case before Dangote started production). These have made cement cheaper in inflation-adjusted Naira over the last decade.
Re: Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year by deepwater(f): 2:50pm On Jul 09, 2018
EngrVin:
Later u will say u are not one of the trainees, yet u have all these inside info

I am not one of the trainees
The trainees are not spirits na, they are normal persons like you and I.
I believe they are some information I am privy to and you are not, I also accept that the revise is the case on some other occasions.
Hope you see it in that light.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Good Is Phone Accessories Business In Nigeria? / Simple Steps To Setup A Profitable Work From Home Business / Recession: Investment Inflow Shrinks By N642bn Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.