Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

How To Start Your Own Successful Business From Nothing -part 3 (naija) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start Your Own Successful Business From Nothing -part 3 (naija) (666 Views)

How To Start Your Own Successful Business From Nothing -part 2 (naija) / How To Start Your Own Successful Business From Nothing -part 1 (naija) / How I Started A Soap Making Business From Scratch (pictures And Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Your Own Successful Business From Nothing -part 3 (naija) by jidestroud(m): 7:20am On Jul 07, 2018
“Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.”
–Guy Kawasaki, Alltop Co-Founder and Entrepreneur

Brief Recap from Part 1 & 2 of How to start your own successful business from nothing

NB: …and I reiterate, “There are no shortcuts to success” and “the profit yielding is proportional to sacrifice“

Part 1 and 2 was more of a necessary introduction which addresses the mind-set. The greatest battles of a man’s life are fought and won in the mind.[b/] Once defeated in the mind, nothing can materialize.[b Business is war and you have to be a well-equipped soldier to fight the battle. For a war fight, strategies, planning, implementations, blueprints, and sometimes defeats are necessary. This applies to business.

“Business is an On-going WAR and must be approach with a battle-ready mentality”

– Jide Kudehinbu

SECRET OF MY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS STARTUP FROM NOTHING

HUNGER!!!…LOL RIGHT? (A push factor to my success story)

Not the approach most of you are used to I presume? Well are used to reading books which says you’ve got to have an idea (lots of ideas and visions infact) first of all, then you go to developing your visions and ideas, raising capital for implementation, assembling a business team, finding the right location, finding the market (with that I mean the right customers)…blah blah blah black sheep (forgive my dry sense of humour). But didn’t that just sound so annoying? I keep reading this all over from different business book, making it sound so easy yet so difficult in reality. So what was the way forward I asked myself? I PAUSED READING AND STARTED ACTING”

Things to note: You CANNOT rule-out the basics

Simple things remain the building blocks of everything and anything. Cells (DNA is you must say), the makeup of a man; atoms, the smallest quantity of an element…etc. with this in mind you may ask, how does this affect business and me starting up?

Out of frustration, HUNGRY stomach, tiredness of living and working all my short life (a young boy na) to enriching someone else dreams and vision/pocket, I knew something had to be done. Bishop’s (My Mentor) voice kept ringing in my head; “”You are getting too old…” [/i]I had read over 100 books of all kinds ranging from motivational, business books, Money making articles, spiritual books, entrepreneurial books etc. subscribed to all sort of business newsletters, reports, blogs, etc.

Things to note: Cultivate a reading habit. Good readers are relatively successful

Nevertheless, I was still unemployed and my reserve from my previous job (catch upon the story from Part 1) was depleting and i was getting very broke, but I had my very own first secret to success business start-up.

I work up one day in the middle of the night, went straight to my cupboard where I keep old books and things that are no longer relevant to, picked out a note book. This book was my saviour; MY SS 1 Economics notebook (hehehe, I bet most of you don’t even have your university notes again). It had all the secrets in it. It gave me an insight into what most of us neglect and most times theoreticalize (pardon my oyinbo). Just as I was reading, I saw the secrets

The secrets:

The secret I saw that night transformed me for good. (tell us the secret Mr Start your business from nothing)

√ The Economics taught and
√ The Economics not taught

INFORMATION (Secret 1)
Economics taught

Economics taught in classrooms

There are 4 factors of production; 1. Capital 2. Land 3. Labour 4. Entrepreneur.

Note, I have intentionally placed them in order of preference for you to start up a business; You have the capital to startup; get your place and location; Move on to getting the required labour and off to becoming an entrepreneur. That’s about that we are taught in the four walls of the school. Now let’s move on to the economics they don’t teach us in school.

Economics NOT taught

There are four 5 factors of production; 1. Information 2. Capital 3. Land 4. Labour and 5. Entrepreneur

Still in order of preference, for me and the Successful business start-up I preach, INFORMATION [/b]begins the process.

Information is key to all. Wisdom and Knowledge to me is being Informed. The source, kind, or process you use in acquiring information is essential. It is the missing link in most failed businesses. The Information is the connecting tool to puts the other factors of production in place. You need to be informed about the right kind of business you are about venturing into, be formed on how to source capital for the business, be informed about the type of labour you have to employ and also be constantly informed as an entrepreneur or you will end up obsolete with time.

[b]The right approach to Business (Secret 2)

Often times, we forget what business is. We tend to make a complex issue about everything in life just has we tend to ascribe our failure to someone or something else other than taking responsibility. You need to have the right ideology about business. Business is simply BUYING and SELLING just as A is for Apple. Don’t start telling yourself A is also for Alligator, A is for Armageddon, or A is for Archimedes; A is for Apple and that’s more enough for you to start your alphabet. Likewise, Business is simply the act of buying and selling.

[i]“Business is simply the act of buying and selling”

For a successful business start-up, please NOTE the above. Whatever you are going to indulge in, you are simply in it to buy or sell.

No matter what we do or profession we claim to be in, we are simply in it to buy or selling shikena (Hausa That’s it). EVERYBODY IS SELLING AND EVERYONE IS BUYING BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY MONEY EXCHANGES HANDS.

What do you want to sell? (secret 3)

If you work just for money, you’ll never make it. But if you love what you are doing,and always put the customer first, success will be yours.

-Ray Kroc

This is where most people find it difficult to decide on what they really want to do. Now that you know business is all about selling and everyone is a business man (woman) in disguise, you must decide on what to sell in other for money to exchange hands into your pocket.

The secret to this is you have to let go of the doctrine which says; “Your dream or ideas are supposed to be bigger than you“. Believe me, if you are to startup a successful business this would be one of the lies to do away with. Apply the KISS (Keep It Short and Simple) [/b]principle to your idea.

The secret to knowing what you want to sell is, and only lies in what you love doing most. shikena.

[b]Do you know EVERYTHING can be sold
. I mean ALL THINGS. Talking can be sold; You know how to cook, that can be sold; You flirt well, it CAN be sold; Even poo sells has manure; People even sell people for money (NOT encouraging this please). So tell me, what can’t be sold? Our faith is also being sold if you want to look at it from the business perspective (Christ said; I must go about doing my Father’s Business). [/b]However we want to look at it. The church sells to us and even encourages us to invest in it (Now I’m talking spiritual investments).

Now that you know anything can be sold, the question now is what do you sell? I’ll tell you the answer to that; [b] "Sell your PASSION“. [/b]That everyone has.

[b]your passion is worth more than you imagine in monetary terms

– Jide Kudehinbu

Do away with pride but uphold your standards (secret 4)

Pride Pride Pride….

…To be Continued.

Read:
https://jide2stroud./2014/04/17/how-to-start-your-own-successful-business-from-nothing-naija-part-3/
Re: How To Start Your Own Successful Business From Nothing -part 3 (naija) by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2018
show me your business and account bal, then I will take you serious
Re: How To Start Your Own Successful Business From Nothing -part 3 (naija) by Lavendra(f): 9:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
thanks a lot for sharing this, I've been following your post, please how can I contact you?
Re: How To Start Your Own Successful Business From Nothing -part 3 (naija) by jidestroud(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lavendra:
thanks a lot for sharing this, I've been following your post, please how can I contact you?

I just reached out to you via mail

(1) (Reply)

Dayold Chicks Both In Broilers, Cockerel, Layers,noila,turkey For Sale In Obigbo / Download These 36 Titles By John C. Maxwell For Almost Free... * * / Exchange Your Paypal To Perfect Money E- Voucher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.