Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. (1208 Views)

Two Brothers Batter Church Ushers Over Indecent Dressing / Pastor Impregnates Two Sisters In Lagos (pictured) / What Do Our Christian Sisters In The House Have To Say About This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. by gracious(f): 4:40am On Mar 25, 2007
is it possible for christians to see themselves as brother and sister in the Lord. I mean I read where paul told timothy to treat younger women as sisters. what are your thoughts on this.
thanks

Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. by omoonile2: 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2007
Of course it is possible, Good to see that you have some knowledge in the bible, I would like you to read the whole books that paul wrote in the new testament of the bible and the answer is there! Developing feelings of lust can be controlled! So what paul mentioned is possible!
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. by Bolarge(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2007
Missed my way.Sorry y'all. grin
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. by ugodaniel(m): 11:27am On Mar 26, 2007
@ poster, why do i feel that the brother and sister you're referring to is for dubious and tricky intentions wink
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. by bethsy: 10:58am On Jan 06, 2009
very very possible
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. by Omolola1(f): 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2009
what kind of post is this?
ofcourse it is very possible.
Re: Brothers And Sisters In The Lord. by Magz(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2009
Why would you become a Christian in the first place??  Christianity was a forced religion on the entire world. Do you think that our Nigerian ancestors were Christian?? Certainly you don't.  Christians have the fame of having been the ones to wage war on people in the Middle East, in Asia, as well as my Native "American" ancestors (whom people like to call Indians) from here in North America. They came here to steal land, kill off entire species of animals and bring disease, sickness, drugs and alcohol to a peacful and beautiful land,  ALL in the name of Christianity. It was Christians that came to Africa and brought guns and hatred into the Gambia, destroying and burning thousands of villages, schools and temples then forcing African people to live the lives of mules or rats, rammed into the bottom of boats and chained up. And you want to associate yourself with that religion??

And, besides,  HOW CAN YOU BE A WORSHIPPER OF CHRIST, when it clearly states in God' Commandments: "THOU SHALL PUT NO OTHER GOD BEFORE ME"!!!

God cannot be seen with our own eyes. We cannot draw him or put a face to him. How therefore, can we allow ourselves to praise and worship a MAN who lived and died just as surely as you or I will?? That is SIN!! It is the same as worshipping an object or an idol.

Wow yo,

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy 2008 By Pastor E.a. Adeboye. / Is Jesus / I Am Scared To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.