Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring (663 Views)

Again Osinbajo Tackles Atiku On Restructuring / Falana Replies Atiku On Restructuring / Reno Omokri's TEDx Talk On Restructuring, Everyone Is Talking About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by 16Ebisco: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2018
The President General of apex Igbo socio-political organization, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nwodo has revealed the pattern of restructuring the people of the South East have agreed upon.

The Ohaneze President-General spoke to reporters in Enugu.

Asked about the fact that some states in South-East are not convinced on restructuring, Nwodo said, “I don’t think you have read the Ohanaeze model on restructuring. It was agreed to by all in Ohanaeze.

“The case of Ebonyi state was tabled before an expanded executive council which included their traditional rulers and leaders of Thought, local government chairmen and they all signed it.

“Ebonyi and Enugu were the two states who were saying if we restructure Nigeria on the basis of regional government, we will be losing our new found freedom and independence but Ohanaeze is saying let us write a constitution amongst the Igbo as to the kind of region we want, a high measure of autonomy.

“Under the western model, the states have sovereignty over their natural resources; that the state take 50 percent of all they get from their natural resources and they give the region 35 percent and give the federal government 15 percent.

“When you go through all these, there is a meeting ground for all of them and I don’t see anybody who will oppose it in the South-east.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/ohanaeze-reveals-south-east-plan-on.html

Re: Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by hisgrace090: 9:52am On Jul 07, 2018
Restructure storey, Buharis night mare.
Re: Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by otosa(m): 10:23am On Jul 07, 2018
We have been taking too much of time on this issue and yet no good result. Though, the formula is not too bad anyway but we need to stand on what we want and what we are doing so that other people that are agast it wouldn't call it child play as the used to call it in the past.
Re: Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by cjrane: 11:26am On Jul 07, 2018
Ebonyi state again kicking against restructuring.

Tomorrow the same people will be protesting for Biafra...

Now if you don't want to be in the same region with Anambra and Imo, why would you want to be in the same country with them?
Re: Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by Xander85: 11:47am On Jul 07, 2018
cjrane:
Ebonyi state again kicking against restructuring.

Tomorrow the same people will be protesting for Biafra...

Now if you don't want to be in the same region with Anambra and Imo, why would you want to be in the same country with them?

Well, i think they're entitled to speak their mind and express any fears they may have. This doesn't mean they're any less Igbo than anyone else. Fact of the matter is that pre-independence, certain areas of the Eastern Region felt (either wrongly or rightly) that they were not seen as equal partners in governance, and may have equally felt they didn't measure up socially and economically with the rest!

No doubt as a region or country that was just beginning self-governance, these issues would have arisen, and i'm sure that had we been left to get on with things without that useless Nzeogwu coup (or any other coup that may have come given that coups were fashionable at the time), that grievances and issues of exclusion would have been addressed over time!

1 Like

Re: Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by cjrane: 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2018
Xander85:

Well, i think they're entitled to speak their mind and express any fears they may have. This doesn't mean they're any less Igbo than anyone else. Fact of the matter is that pre-independence, certain areas of the Eastern Region felt (either wrongly or rightly) that they were not seen as equal partners in governance, and may have equally felt they didn't measure up socially and economically with the rest!

No doubt as a region or country that was just beginning self-governance, these issues would have arisen, and i'm sure that had we been left to get on with things without that useless Nzeogwu coup (or any other coup that may have come given that coups were fashionable at the time), that grievances and issues of exclusion would have been addressed over time!

True. But if you noticed, Not a single Anambra or Imo person ruled the East Central State as an elected governor. Even in the old Anambra state with (Enugu, Ebonyi and Anambra), not a single Anambra guy became their governor. They were all people from Enugu. So why would they feel marginalized if they produced all the executive governors?

It is like Fulani feeling marginalized in Nigeria, yet 90% of the Presidents since Independence were from them?

I just think the issues can be resolved through internal dialogue. But, it must be said that some lingering hatred have persisted and need to be addressed. I just hate that Ebonyi is always claiming they want out of any Eastern Union, yet, they protest when Abakaliki street is renamed in Awka. if you hate them so much, why should you care if they name their street Abakaliki or Club street? Why do you go to their area to trade if you don't want to be in the same union with them? It beats my imagination sometimes.

I'm sorry i have to call out Ebonyi state for the role they have persistently played in undermining Igbo unity, yet they always complain that people look at them with disdain. They just love to play that slippery undertaker role to disadvantage the region all the time.
Re: Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by justtoodark: 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2018
they cant even restructure common well in their village and they are talking about restructuring a ol region....

yeye feful....
Re: Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by justtoodark: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2018
where is the money for the fake biafran passport....?...what about the money they collected for car plates...??

criminals leading criminals....easterners are all criminals....
Re: Ohanaeze Reveals South-east Plan On Restructuring by otosa(m): 6:38pm On Jul 09, 2018
justtoodark:
where is the money for the fake biafran passport....?...what about the money they collected for car plates...??

criminals leading criminals....easterners are all criminals....
must u comment on this matter while your cows are about to enter canal?

(1) (Reply)

I Spent Millions Of Naira On Campaigns For Buhari In 2014- Matthias Tsado – Pres / What Saraki Told US Government About Nigeria / Our President Vs Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.