Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Anambra People Everytime , Why Obiano ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra People Everytime , Why Obiano ? (285 Views)

Soludo: Why Obiano Supported Me To Become Anambra Governor / Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Wants To Hand Over To Me - Soludo / Why Obiano Won’t Congratulate Obi Over Nomination As Atiku’s Running Mate - Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra People Everytime , Why Obiano ? by ariesbull: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2018
Anambra: I like this my State a lot. Political maturity is one its lifestyles which makes it irresistibly likeable. During elections and after elections. In and out of government offices and governance. With government officials at work and out of work. Political Maturity has always made the State stand out tall in its independent glory and excellence.

I didn't want to ever involve myself in any discussions about Governor Obianọ discriminatingly renaming "Abakaliki Street", as misconstrued by both Ebonyi State government officials and pedestrian gossipers on the social media who didn't even try to verify. I was privy to inside happenings and I knew the tables would turn at the end.

Unbeknownst to the public, Governor Obianọ had other plans to name a better, newer, bigger and exterior roadspace in Ọka as "Abakaliki Street" in consideration that the old "Abakaliki Street" has been known for indecency and disreputable associations. The Governor, knowing he had such plans, did not go into petty back and forth with his traducers and mouth-open-to-swallow critics who happily looted the opportunity to hack into and resurrect the tales of disharmonious strands that are exaggerated to have the bane of stronger Igbo unity. Maturely, Obianọ's government officials equally behaved like him as they patiently waited to watch the dogs settle to eat their vomit at the end of the cacophonous barking.

An elder's masterstroke is his resistance to defend his action in spoken words until that action defends him in demonstration. Anambra behaves elderly! Anambra State does not play the politics of bitterness and discrimination. It plays the politics of maturity and progressivism. It is only in Anambra that an Igbo governor addresses the public as "Ụmụnnem" — a deep generic Igbo word that's all encompassing for all Igbo and in all Igbo communities!

Every critical mind that received the news flash that Governor Obianọ was renaming Abakaliki Street to Club Street in a negative sense would have first asked "why would a progressive State with a progressive governor be concerned about being embroiled in street naming discrimination? What's the governor going to benefit specially?" But only few did ask. Of course, critical thinking is a big task that scares many. Being elderly and mature at same time is a phenomenal combination that would always prove the absence of bitterness and the eagerness for progress in your space. That is what Anambra is and exemplifies always. That is why I've always loved that my State no matter its past shortcomings and present inadequacies. That's equally how Anambra tries to keep and support the Igbo unity.

Igbo bụ ofu! Igbo ga-adị! Anambra... Ìhè ala anyị!

© Chijioke Ngobili 2018

See the news link for the new Abakaliki Street in the comment section.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

MKO Abiola: Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Betrayed Nigerians – ERM / BEDC Disconnects Delta University Over N35,000 Debt / PDP Chieftan: Stop Criticizing Buhari's Government Or You Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.