Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,383 members, 7,846,621 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help (639 Views)

Learn HTML LIVE On Nairaland!!! / <h1>learn HTML FROM Scratch</h1> / Learn Html/ Website Design (for Beginner & Pro) Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help by ddon4(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2010
i can design a website but i do not no how to make the menu information to view inside the content page. I can only design the HomePage. HELP!!!
Re: I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help by OmniPotens(m): 11:04am On Jun 10, 2010
Do you mean that you can only design the index page but find it difficult designing the other pages?
Re: I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help by ddon4(m): 11:15am On Jun 10, 2010
I can design the rest of the pages, but how i can make anything click under the menu to view inside the content Page
Re: I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help by DualCore1: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2010
For starters, you create hyperlinks to link up the other pages. You create hyperlinks using the anchor tag <a></a>.

I will recommend you take some time out to read the articles on html at www.w3schools.com
Re: I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help by OmniPotens(m): 11:43am On Jun 10, 2010
Why not simply code your links as they should be, example:

<ul>
<li><a href="your_target.extension" title="target_name">Home</a></li>
<li><a href="your_target.extension" title="target_name">About</a></li>
<li><a href="your_target.extension" title="target_name">Contact</a></li>
</ul>

After you have done this, then duplicate your index page and rename them according to your links. Next, edit the contents of the pages and it is good to go.

Note: This is just a very simple approach. If you really knew what you learnt, this section shouldn't be a problem at all to you but, just get busy practicing more.
Re: I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help by ddon4(m): 11:49am On Jun 10, 2010
thanks, i try that immidiately
Re: I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2010
i understand what you are saying the content page give it a id

<div id="mainpage" name="mainpage"></div>

now on each link
<a href="whatever.html" target="mainpage">Whatever</a>

the target tells the browser that mainpage should recieve the content, just like frames, this is used in faking a pseudo ajax file upload which is not possible.
Re: I Learn Html,css,javascript But Need Some Help by netmoi: 11:37pm On Jun 10, 2010
poor thing,
hope u heed to the advices given by fellow webmasters
www.w3schools.com is a solution you might love, trust moi. kiss

(1) (Reply)

What Is Bad In This Site / Professional But Affordable Web Designer Required / Accept Credit Card Payment On Your Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.